Grand Tour Of Italy
- Duration: 15 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAFIVS
- Travel Type: Air
- 3 star hotel
- Excursions: 7
Start this incredible journey with a tour of the extraordinary floating city of Venice. Discover highlights including St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge before heading to Bologna. Travel through Tuscany's beautiful countryside to the spa town of Montecatini Terme, and from here discover the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Head to the Lazio region, and the ancient city of Rome to discover iconic landmarks such as Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, and the Spanish steps, with optional trips to the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel highly recommended. Your next destination is the scenic Sorrento Peninsula, where a guided tour of Pompeii, buried beneath hot ash when Mount Vesuvius erupted, brings this well-preserved ruined city to life. You'll also have the chance to admire the beauty of the Amalfi Coast and cruise to the island of Capri, before ending this epic tour on the island of Sicily for views of Mount Etna.
This amazing journey of discovery will introduce you to so many of Italy's iconic highlights, including the amazing cities of Venice, Florence and Rome.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 14 nights in 4-star hotels
- 22 meals: 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Welcome dinner with buffet of local specialities
- Tour the floating city of Venice
- Evening in the charming town of Treviso
- Visit the historical city of Bologna
- View the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Italy's 'art city' Florence
- Visit the fortress town of Orvieto
- Rome and its historical sites
- Enter Montecassino Abbey
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii
- Typical lunch at the seaside town of Pizzo
- Visit Taormina for views of Mount Etna
- Day 1 UK - Venice
- After flying to Venice, we'll transfer you to your hotel in Preganziol. After time to settle in, we'll get together for buffet-style welcome dinner, which features food typical of the Veneto region.
- Day 2 Venice
- Today's the day you'll get to explore Venice, with famous highlights including St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge. In the evening we'll transfer you to the beautiful town of Treviso.
- Day 3 Bologna - Montecatini
- This morning we'll head off into northern Italy and Tuscany's glorious countryside. Our journey takes us through Bologna, where we'll stretch our legs on a sightseeing tour.
- Day 4 Pisa
- From our base in Montecatini Terme, the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa is within reach. After your visit, the rest of the day is all yours or you may want to join an optional excursion to Lucca this afternoon.
- Day 5 Florence
- Today you'll visit the 'art city' of Florence for a tour. This afternoon there is an optional excursion to the Uffizi gallery with 'skip-the-line' admission. This evening there will be an opportunity to attend the Montecatini Opera Festival.
- Day 6 Orvieto - Rome
- We're heading south today, to the region of Lazio and Rome. The impressive fortress town of Orvieto is ours to explore on the way to our hotel in Rome.
- Day 7 Rome
- Let's set off and explore the magnificent sights of Rome on a guided tour. Highlights include the beautiful Spanish Steps and the ornate Trevi Fountain. This afternoon is yours to do as you please in Rome.
- Day 8 Rome - at Leisure
- Today you have the chance to pre-book an exclusive skip-the-line, timed admission two-hour guided visit of the Vatican Museum and Sistine chapel.
- Day 9 Pompeii - Sorrento Peninsula
- A full day of exploration begins with a visit to Montecassino Abbey before we arrive at the ruins of Pompeii for a guided walking tour. Later, we'll arrive in the scenic Sorrento Peninsula, where our hotel is centrally located.
- Day 10 Sorrento Peninsula - at Leisure
- Today you can relax at your hotel, or join an optional excursion. It's just a short boat journey across the Bay of Naples to Capri, so if you want to add this glamorous island to your sightseeing list, today's optional excursion is a must.
- Day 11 Sorrento Peninsula - at Leisure
- Today you can relax at your hotel, or join an optional excursion and discover the beauty of the Amalfi Coast.
- Day 12 Pizzo Calabro - Sicily
- We're leaving mainland Italy now, and heading to Sicily. On the way we'll stop at a seaside resort in Calabria for lunch. A short ferry ride takes us to Messina, with an onward drive to Taormina.
- Day 13 Taormina
- Taormina sits on a sheer cliff, perched above beautiful beaches and close to Mount Etna, so just imagine the views you'll see on today's tour. There's plenty of free time too, so spend the afternoon making your own discoveries.
- Day 14 Giardini Naxos - at Leisure
- You've seen Mount Etna from afar, so maybe now's the time to see Europe's highest volcano up close on our optional excursion. Once here, there's a further option to head off on a 16-seater Jeep adventure with an Alpine Guide for amazing views of this majestic mountain. Back at your hotel tonight, we'll get together to enjoy a farewell drink in the bar.
- Day 15 Catania - UK
- Today you'll transfer to Sicily's Catania Airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Villa Pace Park Hotel Bolognese
- Set in a historic 19th-century building in the middle of rich parkland, the Villa Pace Park Bolognese is just outside Treviso and a 20 minute drive from Venice. The hotel features a new renovated wing, which is connected to the main building by panoramic corridors overlooking the park. The spacious rooms feature parquet floors, classical or modern furnishings and a satellite TV.
- Grand Hotel Francia & Quirinale
- Enjoy a homely stay at the 4-star Grand Hotel Francia & Quirinale, in Montecatini Terme. Built in 1908, in Liberty Style, the four-generation owners still live in the hotel and welcome guests with warmth and exceptional hospitality. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, swimming pool and poolside bar, wi-fi throughout. Rooms have tea & coffee facilities.
- Park Hotel Dei Massimi
- Park Hotel Dei Massimi is set in a quiet, residential area of Rome. It offers a free scheduled shuttle to the Vatican 3 times in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. The rooms come with air conditioning, satellite TV and tea and coffee facilities. Some rooms have a private balcony. Sony Playstations are available on request. Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby.
- Hotel Sporting
- Hotel Sporting is a 4 star hotel perched on a cliff in Vico Equense overlooking the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. It features a panoramic restaurant and a private beach equipped with deckchairs and umbrellas. Each air conditioned room comes with decorated tiled floors, simple light wood furniture, and a private bathroom with toiletries and a hairdryer. Free wifi is available in the lobby.
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa
- The Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the heart the Giardini Naxos, close to some of Sicily’s most iconic sites. Just a few steps from the sea, the hotel is located on the east coast of the Ionian Sea. The hotel has an onsite restaurant serving regional and international cuisine, bar, freshwater outdoor pool and private beach. Bedrooms are furnished in modern style and equipped with amenities including; private facilities, TV, air conditioning, phone and wi-fi.
- The walled town of Lucca
- Uffizi Gallery Museum in Florence
- A night at the Montecatini opera
- Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel in Rome
- The glamorous isle of Capri
- Drive along the Amalfi Coast
- Discover Mount Etna by cable car and Jeep