Collection and use of data
2. Door2Tour.com can obtain personal data from you from a number of different sources:
i. When you search for or purchase Tours with Operators through the Website.
ii. When you make a reservation or book a Tour with an Operator through our customer reservation team by telephone.
iii. When you subscribe to the Door2Tour.com newsletter, participate in the Door2Tour.com holiday feedback, or submit for Door2Tour.com’s attention the ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Trade’ forums.
iv. When you set up a ‘My Account’ page on our Website and enter your details (or those of your party) on to our Website (such as your name and the names of those in your party, your address, email, telephone number and details of Tours booked, saved searches, edit marketing / e-newsletter preferences, etc), for the purposes of administering your booking arrangements through the Website with Operators. If you decide to send details of holidays searched against or booked with a friend through the ‘Send to Friend’ function on the Website, we may capture this information in order to send this information as requested by you.
vi. When you participate in the online chat facility on the Website, in order to keep track of transcripts from chat conversations.
3. In order to complete your booking with Operators having visited our Website, Door2Tour.com will need to collect information about you to pass on to Operator in order to provide you with the service you expect and the Tours you wish to book. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, postcode, email address and telephone number. If you wish to book via the telephone, then in order to complete your booking with the Operator then we will need to take this information from you in order to process the booking and may write this down in order to process this booking.
4. Door2Tour.com may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties (including the Operators), such as members of the Door2Tour.com group, Door2Tour.com’s own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when Door2Tour.com is legally obliged to disclose your data.
5. By subscribing to the Door2Tour.com e-newsletter you consent to receive this from Door2Tour.com by email as well as details of other special offers from Door2Tour.com that Door2Tour.com thinks may be of interest to you.
7. In order to complete your booking, Door2Tour will also need to collect information about you, and others included in your group, to pass to Operators for the purposes of confirming your booking. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as information relating to disabilities, dietary requirements and/or religious beliefs. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing Door2Tour with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA.
8. You have the right to ask Door2Tour.com not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Door2Tour.com. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time.
9. Door2Tour.com operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto, and is notified to the Information Commissioner in accordance with Data Protection legislation and guidance.
You may at any time unsubscribe to the Door2Tour.com newsletter. Details of this can be found in our FAQs.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to email@example.com. If you need to modify or change your personal details after you have made a purchase with an Operator via Website, please also notify the Operator running the Tour as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Door2Tour.com holds about you, you may email Door2Tour.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.