Why Travel By Coach?
Why Travel By Coach?
Rickety old buses with clashing velvet seats and no air con are just some of the common misconceptions surrounding coach holidays. Modern coaches are worth around £250,000 and coach holidays have come on leaps and bounds in terms of facilities and choice. In fact, coach travel is the perfect method of transport in these current economic times, providing a cheaper alternative to travelling by car, air, boat or train. If you've never considered travelling by coach before, make this the year that you do. Here are just a few of the advantages for taking a holiday by coach:
- The old image of bus trips to run-down seaside resorts and tatty hotels is long gone. Nowadays coach operators carefully plan their itineraries to include picturesque locations such as Lake Garda, The Peak District, The Alps and much more.
- Modern coach travel means that you will be taken to your holiday destination in comfort and style. Most coaches will have comfortable reclining seats fitted with seatbelts, plenty of legroom, on-board facilities such as TV, DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities as well as a WC.
- Some companies offer the option to upgrade to luxury coach travel where you can experience facilities like; a spacious rear lounge, climate-controlled deluxe coach travel, free personal headphones, entertainment such as reading material, cards and board games, a washroom and a server, a selection of refreshments, personal flip-down tables, extra included excursions, specialist drivers and on-board satellite navigation so you can track your journey.
- Coach holidays are not specifically for the older generation. They cater for all ages including packages to concerts, theatre breaks, sporting events, spa treatments and special interest breaks.
- Travelling by coach is hassle-free avoiding the inevitable challenges such as where to park the car or standing in lengthy queues for check in and security.
- Coaches are no longer the cramped vehicles that they used to be - most modern coaches actually have more legroom than planes or trains. Some companies will use coaches that have fewer seats to further increase legroom.
- Coach holidays can be wonderful social occasions where you can meet new people, enjoy a tea or coffee and relax as you enjoy the view.
- Contrary to popular belief, you are not stuck on-board the coach for hours on end. Most coach journeys will include comfort stops every 2 to 3 hours.
- Journeys by coach are anything but boring. Being seated higher up, you will have good views over the hedgerow to admire the local scenery as you make your way to your final destination.
- The standard of accommodation used in itineraries is off a much better standard than what it used to be with many coach operators choosing to feature 3 or 4 star hotels for their customers . There's also a great deal of choice for holidaymakers covering destinations in the UK, Ireland, across Europe and Worldwide.
- There are no hidden extras when travelling by coach – all travel, hotel accommodation and entrance tickets are generally included in the price. • Modern coach travel is seven times safer than travelling by car and is also much kinder to the environment being more than six times greener than driving by car or air and twice as 'clean' as going by train.
- There is the reassurance of being taken care of as the majority of the escorted tours tend to have a tour manager or representative on-board to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
- When you arrive at the hotel, you needn't worry about your luggage as most tours include porterage so the next time you see your bags, they will be in your hotel room.
- All coach holidays offer local pick-up points that are within easy reach of your home
- Many tour operators offer a 'home pick-up service' where they will arrange for a taxi or minibus to collect you from your front door and return you home at the end of your holiday
Did you know?
A recent survey has shown that at least a third of Brits who have flown claim that their experience at the airport is far more stressful compared to the average working week. At least 10% of those people who own a car believe that they will make fewer journeys by car because the price of fuel is too expensive. If this is you, it's definitely time to consider coach holidays!