Epic Wonders Of The National Parks
- Duration: 17 days
- Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAUAPLB
- Travel Type: Air
- Excursions: 9+
You'll tick off eight national parks and seven states on this 17‑day adventure through some of the most impressive scenery on the planet. Visit Cheyenne and the former trading outpost of Fort Laramie, a site linked to the Gold Rush and ultimately the Battle of Little Bighorn. Take in the amazing sight of Mount Rushmore and see the Crazy Horse Memorial. You'll head into wild west territory, through the Black Hills, to Deadwood, and stand in the historic site of the Battle of Little Bighorn. Scenic highlights include the chance to witness 'Old Faithful' in action in the USA's first national park, Yellowstone, and natural wonders ranging from huge arches of red sandstone to sheer cliffs and towering trees. You'll discover Monument Valley in the company of a Navajo guide and, for many, the highlight of this tour will be a visit to the iconic Grand Canyon.
You'll be amazed by the scenery in eight of America's national parks on this incredible adventure through seven different states.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 15 nights in great quality hotels plus 1 night in flight
- 17 meals: 15 breakfasts, 1 picnic lunch, 1 dinner and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Fort Hays Chuckwagon supper and cowboy music show
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Badlands National Park
- The Crazy Horse Memorial
- Battle of Little Bighorn site
- The world’s first national park, Yellowstone
- Grand Teton National Park
- Arches National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Monument Valley
- The iconic Grand Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park’s unique geology
- Zion Canyon National Park
- The neon-lit city of Las Vegas
- Stay on the Las Vegas Strip
- Day 1 UK - Denver
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Denver today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your overnight hotel.
- Day 2 Denver - Rapid City
- Your adventure begins in earnest today with a journey to Rapid City. On the way we're going to stop at Cheyenne and the former military and trading outpost of Fort Laramie. This is where chief Red Cloud signed the treaty that gave the supposedly worthless Black Hills to the Sioux. Just six years later, Custer discovered gold in the Black Hills, prompting the Gold Rush and ultimately causing the Battle of Little Bighorn. There's a treat in store tonight as we head to Fort Hays Chuckwagon supper and cowboy music show located on the film set of 'Dances with Wolves'.
- Day 3 Mount Rushmore & Badlands
- Your day begins with a visit to Mount Rushmore, with its famous granite sculptures of Presidents Roosevelt, Lincoln, Washington and Jefferson. You're also going to see the Crazy Horse Memorial this morning. The highlights keep on coming today with an afternoon tour of Badlands National Park. Here you'll discover an eerie world which has been carved over millions of years by the forces of nature.
- Day 4 Rapid City - Sheridan
- You're heading into 'wild west' territory today with a drive through the Black Hills to Deadwood, a town created on the back of the Gold Rush. The entire city is a national historic landmark, and there's time for you to have a good look around before we head to Sheridan for the night.
- Day 5 Sheridan - Little Bighorn Battlefield - Cody
- The highlight of your day is a visit to the historic battlefield site of the Battle of Little Bighorn. A guided tour gives you the chance to relive Custer's Last Stand and get a fascinating insight into one of the most famous battles in western history.
- Day 6 Cody - Yellowstone National Park
- After your tour today you'll be able to say that you have set foot in the world's first national park. Yellowstone is a wonderland of spouting geysers, hot springs, boiling pools and bubbling mud pots. On your tour you'll see the extraordinary Yellowstone Canyon with its waterfall twice the height of Niagara and, of course, 'Old Faithful', which erupts every 93 minutes. The park is also a wildlife sanctuary with bears, elk, moose and herds of buffalo all roaming freely, so keep your eyes peeled for sightings.
- Day 7 Grand Teton National Park - Jackson
- The next national park you'll tick off your list is Grand Teton. Famed for its beautiful landscapes dominated by snow-capped peaks, lakes and glaciers, you can take in these exceptional sights today before we spend the night in Jackson.
- Day 8 Jackson - Salt Lake City
- Our next destination is Salt Lake City, and our journey here gives us further opportunities to take in stunning scenery. We're going to make a stop at Logan Canyon, whose near-vertical walls of limestone cut through the Bear River Mountains. You'll probably be feeling hungry by now, and our next stop at Bear Lake is where we'll eat our picnic lunch. So find a shady spot by its turquoise waters and tuck in.
- Day 9 Salt Lake City - at Leisure
- You can spend today exploring Salt Lake City, which was founded by the Mormons. For easy access to the city's most important sights, a great place to start is the central Mormon Square. If you like, you can take an optional trip to the Great Salt Lake after which the city is named.
- Day 10 Arches National Park - Cortez
- Your next base is Cortez, which we reach via a visit to Arches National Park. When you view what is the world's greatest concentration of red sandstone arches, you'll understand just how it got its name!
- Day 11 Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park is also within reach from Cortez, and it's where your tour takes you today. This archaeological masterpiece is famed for its cliff dwellings, with Cliff Palace having more than 200 rooms.
- Day 12 Cortez - Monument Valley
- Today we are heading to Monument Valley, instantly recognisable as the setting for many Old West movies. Here you can explore in fantastic company on an optional four-wheel drive tour narrated by an expert Navajo guide.
- Day 13 Grand Canyon - Kanab
- As highlights go, the Grand Canyon is hard to beat, and today is the day that you get to see this iconic natural wonder. It's a breathtaking sight however viewed, but an optional flight gives you the thrilling chance to see it from the air. Stop just outside of the National Park and enjoy a Navajo Taco from the Native Grill supported by our Travelsphere Cares programme, before continuing to Kanab.
- Day 14 Bryce Canyon National Park
- There are just two more national parks to go now, and today you'll view the spires of rock and vast natural amphitheatres that form the unique geology of Bryce Canyon. Why not join an optional stargazing tour this evening - with the clear desert skies, this really promises to be a mesmerising experience.
- Day 15 Zion National Park - Las Vegas
- A day of contrasts begins with a tour of Zion National Park, to see sheer cliffs and mesmerising rock formations. Equally enthralling is your destination tonight, the man-made wonder that is Las Vegas, where a night tour is one option.
- Day 16 Las Vegas - UK
- We'll transfer you to the airport today for your return flight to the UK.
- Day 17 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
- Holiday Inn Denver Cherry Creek is situated in Denver.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, hairdryer, TV and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rapid City is situated in South Dakota close to local attractions such as Badlands National Park, Jewel Cave and Custer State Park. Hotel facilities include a fitness centre, indoor pool, two hot tubs and a breakfast buffet. Bedroom facilities include cable TV, tea and coffee-making facilities, free Wi-Fi, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, refrigerator, telephone and private bathroom facilities.
- Best Western Sheridan Center
- The Best Western Sheridan Center is located in downtown Sheridan, at the base of the Bighorn Mountain Range.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar/lounge, indoor swimming pool, spa and hot tub. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV, coffee/tea-maker, hairdryer and iron.
- The Cody
- The Cody is located in the heart of the American West in Cody.
Hotel facilities include an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and fitness room. Bedrooms have private facilities, microwave, refrigerator, hairdryer, TV and coffee/tea-maker.
- Brandin' Iron Inn
- The Brandin Iron Inn in West Yellowstone is the perfect base from which to discover the splendour of Yellowstone National Park. It is also close to a selection of restaurants and shops.
Hotel facilities include a hospitality room and lobby. Bedrooms have private facilities, coffee-maker, TV, air-conditioning, refrigerator and hairdryer.
- Antler Inn
- Situated 10 miles from Grand Teton National Park, The Antler Inn is located in the centre of Jackson. Hotel amenities include a fitness centre, hot tub & sauna. Rooms are furnished with a coffee maker, TV, small fridge, work desk & free Wi-Fi.
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites
- The Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites is in the middle of downtown Salt Lake City.
Hotel facilities include an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and fitness room. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, microwave, refrigerator, coffee-maker, iron, hairdryer and TV.
- Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde
- Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel
- Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel is situated in Tusayan, within reach of the Grand Canyon.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, hairdryer, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kanab
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kanab is situated in the centre of Kanab.
Hotel facilities include a breakfast room and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, hairdryer, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- Bally's Hotel & Casino
- Bally''s Las Vegas Hotel & Casino is situated at the heart of the Las Vegas strip. With a range of different restaurants to choose from you''ll be spoilt for choice at this hotel. From a fine dining Steak house and Nobu, Italian and Mexican, as well as, some fast food outlets. Why not enjoy a drink at the hotel bar if you want to after exploring all day, the bars have a choice of beers and cocktails for you to choose from. Or enjoy a poolside cocktail while you enjoy the warmer climates by the outdoor swimming pool if you choose to opt for some relaxation during your time here. Recently renovated air-conditioned hotel rooms ensure a relaxing and comfortable stay with a flat screen TV.
- Scenic river float trip at the ski resort of Jackson Hole
- Great Salt Lake and Salt Lake City
- Four-wheel drive narrated tour of Monument Valley with a Navajo guide
- Helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon
- Stargazing experience in Kanab
- Las Vegas by night