South Limburg Valkenburg
6 Days - Tour No AC8025
Based in this fashionable fortified town, nicknamed ‘Marltown’ because of the yellow colour of the marlstone. Valkenburg’s attractions include a castle, museums, fun parks, caves, casino and numerous bars, cafes and shops.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
ImageMaastricht courtesy of NBTC
Included in CostIncluded in Cost
● Coach travel ● tunnel crossings
● 5 nights dinner, bed & breakfast
● city tour and river trip in Maastricht
● single steam train journey
● entrance to Mondo Verde Gardens
● entrance to the English Garden with cake
● pre dinner ‘happy hour’ with 50% off selected drinks
● one night music evening
ItineraryThe River Rur
Day 1 Morning departure to Folkestone for the crossing to Calais and on to Valkenburg for a five night stay.
Days 2 to 5 During your stay enjoy a free day to explore Valkenburg, we have included the following excursions:
● A visit to the Netherlands American cemetery and Memorial, the only American military cemetery in the Netherlands with a rich historical background, before continuing to a picturesque fairy-tale village of Monshau on the banks of the River Rur. On your return journey to the hotel we have included a visit to an ‘English Garden’ a beautiful site in the Province Limburg, situated in the backyard of an old farm, with cake included.
● An excursion to Maastricht, known as the ‘Paris of the Benelux’. Here you will enjoy a city tour by an American bus followed by an hours cruise on the River Meuse where you will get to see a whole different side of the city. After lunch you will take a historic steam train ride on the South Limburg Railway from Simpleveld to Schin op Geul (on certain dates this may operate in reverse).
● Day tour including a visit to the Mondo Verde Gardens of the World, beautifully laid out gardens depicting areas of the world with a surprise round every corner.
Day 6 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.Back to top