Winter In Canada
|A snowy Niagara Falls and a mountain lodge resort add a touch of adventure to this wonderful winter break.|
A snowy Niagara Falls and a mountain lodge resort add a touch of adventure to this wonderful winter break.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with Air Transat
- 6 nights room only in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- See the spectacular Niagara Falls
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, winery tour and tasting
- Toronto tour
- Lunch at the top of Toronto's CN Tower
- Guided snowshoe tour
- DAY 1 UK/Toronto
- Depart on your flight to Toronto today. On arrival we'll transfer you to Niagara Falls for a two-night stay. This evening you'll be able to see the falls lit up at night and depending on your date of travel, you could admire the Winter Festival of Lights. It runs from November to the end of January, and during this time colourful lights and animated displays decorate the area close to the falls.
- DAY 2 Niagara Falls
- Today is the day that you will get to see the majestic Niagara Falls up close. This is a spectacular sight at any time but winter adds a touch of magic. Spray from the falls blankets nearby trees and lamp posts and then freezes to create a glittering world of ice. Enjoy time to explore this natural wonder at leisure. You could go on a thrilling 'Journey Behind the Falls', or take an optional helicopter ride for a spectacular view from the air. You can soak up more beauty on this afternoon's visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake, known as one of the 'loveliest towns in Canada'. The area is also known for its wines, in particular icewine, made from grapes that have frozen naturally on the vine. We'll clink glasses as we enjoy a tasting after a tour of a lakefront winery.
- DAY 3 Toronto
- Our sights are set on Toronto today, where more spectacular sights await. We arrive in time for lunch, and our tables are reserved in the revolving restaurant atop the CN tower no less! Once you've seen the city from above, you'll be longing to explore, and our sightseeing tour gives you the chance to do just that. You'll see the Parliament building, City Hall and the Rogers Centre – home of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team.
- DAY 4 Toronto
- Toronto is a city that's well prepared for wintry conditions, with a network of underground walkways linking the downtown shopping and entertainment districts. That means you won't feel the cold as you explore independently today. St Lawrence Market is one of the best food markets in the world, or maybe head to the Distillery District. It's packed with galleries, boutiques and restaurants. Tonight, if the fixtures are in your favour, you might opt to see the Toronto Marlies in action – the city's ice hockey team plays at the Ricoh Coliseum.
- DAY 5 Blue Mountain
- Two days of fun winter activities lay ahead as we head to the resort of Blue Mountain today. After settling in you could take a thrilling ride on the Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster. Or you might go for the gentler option of a drink in one of the bars, taking in the views. This evening we're going to gather together outside for an included drink around a roaring fire.
- DAY 6 Blue Mountain
- A brilliant way to enjoy the wintry landscape is on a snowshoe tour, and in the company of a Local Guide, that's what you'll do this morning. After this, put your feet up and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
- DAY 7 Toronto/UK
- On our way back to Toronto today we'll call at the Vaughan Mills shopping mall for some retail therapy. After you've shopped till you've dropped we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back home.
- DAY 8 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
- This full service hotel is two blocks from Horseshoe Falls and American Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Traditional rooms feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers and minifridges. Amenities include a chophouse restaurant, coffee bar and spa. There's also an indoor pool, sauna and fitness centre.
- Chelsea Hotel
- The Eaton Chelsea Hotel Toronto is conveniently located within easy walking distance of many of the city''s attractions.
Hotel facilities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a health club, rooftop terrace and indoor pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, coffee/tea-maker, iron and hairdryer.
- Blue Mountain Inn
- The Blue Mountain Inn is located in the centre of the village within easy walking distance of the resort''s attractions, shopping facilities, and many dining options. Having recently completed an extensive renovation the hotel provides a modern comfortable stay along with their continued excellent service. Hotel facilities include restaurant, bar, boutique, spa and indoor pool. As part of the renovation guests can now enjoy four new outdoor hot tubs located in the landscaped gardens, and overlooking the mountain. Bedrooms benefit from private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, coffee maker, iron and hairdryer.
Watch an ice hockey game in Toronto (only available on 7 Feb 2018 departure. 2019 to be confimred)Back to top