Welcome To South Africa
This tour is the perfect introduction to South Africa. You'll begin by exploring Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula and there will be a chance to see the penguins at Boulder's Beach. A tour of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape winelands includes a tasting of some of the wines, and then you'll fly to Johannesburg. From here we will transfer you to South Africa's largest game reserve, Kruger National Park, where you will go on a game drive in search of the Big Five – lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino. A journey along the scenic Panorama Route and the chance to admire sights including Bourke's Luck Potholes and God's Window, completes this wonderful adventure.
This is the perfect introduction to South Africa. Discover Cape Town and its surrounds before enjoying a game drive in Kruger National Park.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights in 3-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Cape Town tour and Table Mountain
- Cape Peninsula and Cape Point
- See the penguins at Boulders Beach
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Stellenbosch winelands cellar tour and tasting
- Game drive in Kruger National Park
- Drive the scenic Panorama Route
- Day 1 UK/Cape Town
- Depart on your overnight flight to Cape Town.
- Day 2 Cape Town
- You'll waste no time in discovering this beautiful city with an orientation tour en route to your hotel. Set on the shores of the Atlantic, with Table Mountain as a backdrop, Cape Town is set in a spectacular location and you'll take in fabulous views as we approach it. We'll introduce you to some of the city's many attractions, whetting your appetite for the days ahead, and if the weather is good enough, perhaps you'll take the opportunity to go up Table Mountain. On some days the top of the mountain is shrouded by clouds, a natural phenomenon known as the tablecloth. It's a beautiful sight, but don't worry if it means the cable car is closed, you'll have an opportunity to return at your leisure on day 4.
- Day 3 Cape Peninsula
Not far from the city you'll find the Cape Peninsula – the southernmost tip of South Africa. Passing Hout Bay, you'll travel along Chapman's Peak Drive, a spectacular, winding coastal route, towards Cape Point Nature Reserve and Cape Point. A visit to the lighthouse here is recommended, either via the steps, or the funicular. The views are spectacular! Lunch in Simon's Town is followed by a visit to Boulder's Beach where a colony of endangered penguins reside. Then Fish Hoek and Muizenberg lead you on to the famous botanical gardens of Kirstenbosch before you head back to Cape Town.
- Day 4 Cape Town
- You'll have some free time today to explore this beautiful city further, or relax at your leisure. The mix of Indonesian, Dutch, French, English and German influences on the city make it a delight to explore. Admire the different architectural styles as you wander through the cobbled streets. The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront is one of the city's most popular destinations. Set in the heart of Cape Town's working harbour and with a backdrop of mountains and the sea, the waterfront is a hive of activity and the perfect spot for a bit of peoplewatching over a coffee.
- Day 5 Stellenbosch
- Made famous for its wines, Stellenbosch and its surrounding winelands are a must for any visitor to this region. The second-oldest town in South Africa, Stellenbosch is surrounded by the Stellenbosch mountains and occupies a beautiful position in the Jonkershoek River Valley. You'll be taken on a tour of the winelands where you'll discover more about the history of the area and the production of wine before getting to sample some for yourself.
- Day 6 Johannesburg
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Johannesburg. You'll then head to your base for the next three nights, Kruger National Park. There is time this afternoon to relax at your hotel.
- Day 7 Kruger National Park
- South Africa's largest game reserve, Kruger is home to the Big Five – lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino, along with many other animals and birds. Your included morning game drive will be the perfect chance to spot some of these amazing creatures, so keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready! You'll travel in an open safari vehicle with an expert guide who will talk to other drivers and track down the best wildlife sightings - it's a wonderful way to experience the African wilderness. There is the option to take another game drive this afternoon. Alternatively, you can return to your hotel to relax.
- Day 8 Kruger National Park
- You have yet more chances to see nature at it's finest with further optional game drives today. Alternatively, you could relax at your hotel.
- Day 9 Panorama Route/UK
- More amazing sights await today as you travel towards Johannesburg along the stunning Panorama Route. You'll visit Bourke's Luck Potholes – a collection of cylindrical red and yellow rock formations created by the meeting of the Blyde and Treur Rivers, the Three Rondavels – huge swirls of colourful dolomite rock that rise upwards – and God's Window, which offers arguably the best views along the route. Keep a lookout for some incredible wildlife in this area too, including monkeys, baboons and bushbabies. You'll arrive in Johannesburg late this afternoon and transfer to the airport for your scheduled overnight flight to the UK.
- Day 10 UK
- You'll arrive in the UK today.
- SunSquare Cape Town Gardens
- Sun Square Hotel is located at the base of Table Mountain. Room facilities include free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, desks and tea/ coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include restaurant and a bar, outdoor swimming pool and a gym.
- NH Cape Town The Lord Charles
- Classically-styled rooms feature free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Dining options include 2 restaurants, a pub and a lounge with a fireplace. Other amenities include a spa, 2 outdoor pools, a hot tub and an exercise room, as well as 3 tennis courts and an outdoor chess board.
- Sabi River Sun Resort
- Located in close proximity to the Kruger National Park, The Sabi River Sun is comfortable and homely, enhanced by spectacular views, a rich natural heritage, and abundant wildlife. Standard rooms have two double beds and an en-suite bathroom. Amenities in each of these rooms include air-conditioning, flat screen television, tea and coffee making facilities and free WiFi. Other amenities include 5 outdoor pools, a casual restaurant and a cocktail bar, as well as an 18-hole golf course and a spa offering massages for a fee.
- Game drives in Kruger National Park
Back to top