PRICE FROM ? £749 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 4 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 6 meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Verona tour, including Juliet's balcony
- A performance at the Roman Arena
- Pre-opera dinner close to Piazza Bra
- DAY 1 UK/Verona
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Verona today. On arrival, we will transfer you to your hotel. Enjoy time to relax before dinner at the hotel.
- DAY 2 Verona
- An important Roman city, Verona is still thriving today and plays host to a rich collection of archaeological sites, with perhaps the most impressive being the 15,000-seat Roman Arena. One of Italy's great travel experiences, this ancient amphitheatre is a must-see and you will attend an opera amidst this grandest of settings, which also hosted gladiatorial battles in the 1st century AD. Our included guided tour of Verona includes a visit to the Roman Arena along with all the other important sights. You'll visit Juliet's balcony, the supposed romantic setting for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and the old Roman Forum. There will be time to admire Castelvecchio, a fortress displaying impressive Gothic architecture and the lively open-air market in Piazza delle Erbe is the perfect spot to browse or perhaps stop for lunch. This afternoon you are free to make your own discoveries. For splendid views you could climb the steps of St Pietro Castle or maybe admire the elaborate Scaligeri Tombs. This evening you will return to the Roman Arena for a truly memorable evening of opera. Prior to the performance, we have arranged dinner in one of Verona's restaurants.
- DAY 3 Lake Garda
- Enjoy a day to explore at your own pace or join our optional excursion to Lake Garda. Highlights include the lakeside resort of Sirmione, dominated by a 13th century castle and home to impressive Roman ruins, and a lake cruise to the town of Garda. If you wish there will be an opportunity to attend another evening of opera at the Roman Arena.
- DAY 4 Valpolicella region
- Today we offer you an optional tour to the prestigious Valpolicella wine region. We'll visit a traditional winery and learn about the unique red Amarone and the special production process- from grape to glass. Your tour concludes with a wine tasting accompanied by locally produced meats and cheeses.
- DAY 5 Verona/UK
- We will transfer you to the airport ready for your return flight to the UK.Please note: Thanks to your feedback from 2019 we’re including both dinners at the hotel.
- Hotel Leon D'Oro
- Your stylish hotel is located just a 15-minute stroll from the heart of the city, close to its historic monuments. Facilities include a restaurant, lounge bar and library. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, radio, TV, mini-bar and hair dryer.
- Lake Garda, Sirmione and a boat trip
- Tasting of Amarone in the Valpolicella wine region