Verona & The Austrian Tyrol For Christmas And New Year
- Duration: 11 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAXIAF
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
Get away for the entire festive period with this fabulous two-centre holiday to Italy's Verona and the Austrian Tyrol. Enjoy stunning scenic views in Italy, soak up the atmosphere at Bolzano's Christmas market and explore Verona before you cross the border into Austria. We'll see the sights in Innsbruck, Munich and Salzburg, take a cable car up to the Kufstein Fortress and also visit the alpine resort of Kitzbühel. With a Christmas Day lunch, Tyrolean carol concert, New Year gala dinner and fireworks on New Year's Day all included, there's plenty of festive fun to be had on this fantastic Christmas and New Year holiday.
Stunning views of Italy's sparkling Lake Garda and the dramatic mountain peaks of the Austrian Tyrol combine to make this a scenic Christmas and New Year holiday.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 10 nights half board in 4-star hotels
- 21 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 traditional Christmas Day lunch, 10 dinners including gala dinner on New Year's Eve
- All excursions included
- Welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Explore Bolzano and its traditional Christmas market
- Verona tour, including Juliet's balcony
- Discover Innsbruck, the capital of the Tyrol
- Munich sightseeing tour
- Salzburg, Mozart's birthplace and 'The Sound of Music' city
- Enjoy a traditional Tyrolean carol concert
- Ride the cable car to Kufstein's Fortress
- Visit a crystal showroom in Rattenberg
- Horse-drawn carriage ride and New Year's Day fireworks in Kitzbühel
- Day 1 UK/Verona
- After your flight, we will transfer you to your hotel in Verona. After time to settle in, enjoy a welcome drink before dinner at the hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Bolzano
- Today we're heading to Bolzano, a small city where rows of pastel-coloured buildings are set against a backdrop of hills. Spend some time soaking up the magical atmosphere of the lovely Christmas market and then maybe browse the chic boutiques in the medieval shopping arcades.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Verona
- It's Christmas Day, and you've time to relax at leisure this morning. A traditional festive lunch will be served at the hotel, and afterwards you might want to go for a stroll before settling down with a drink in the bar.
- Day 4 Boxing Day Verona
- We'll take a guided tour of Verona today, which introduces us to highlights including the impressive Roman Arena - now the legendary opera house, Lamberti's Tower and Piazza Erbe. You'll have free time to make your own discoveries later and a visit Juliet's balcony, the supposed setting for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, is highly recommended.
- Day 5 Innsbruck
- We are going say farewell to Italy and head to Austria today. Our first stop will be Innsbruck, the Tyrolean capital, where you'll see highlights including the magnificent Gothic church and the famous Golden Roof. Sitting above a balcony, it was created for Emperor Maximilian I at the beginning of the 16th century, and still bears 2,657 original copper tiles. After time to browse the quaint stalls of the Christmas market, we'll continue to our next hotel in Kramsach.
- Day 6 Munich
- Your festive adventure continues today when we explore the fascinating Bavarian city of Munich. We'll discover spectacular sights including the former royal palace of the Bavarian monarchs, the Old and New Town Halls and the Gothic Frauenkirche cathedral.
- Day 7 Salzburg & Tyrolean carol concert
- Today you'll visit 'The Sound of Music' city Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart. On a guided walk we'll enjoy a spot of window-shopping on the famous Getreidegasse, admire the Mirabell Gardens and see the quaint Glockenspiel Tower. Later we'll head to the mountain resort of Ellmau. Here you will experience an unforgettable highlight of your holiday - a traditional Tyrolean carol concert held in the lovely surroundings of a church.
- Day 8 Kufstein
- After breakfast we'll head to the charming medieval town of Kufstein and take the cable car up to the 13th century Kufstein Fortress. At the top you'll find the Hero's Organ, the largest open-air organ in the world.
- Day 9 New Year’s Eve Rattenberg
- Today we are going to visit Rattenberg, Austria's smallest town. In its medieval centre, many of the shops sell unique crystal and glass crafts and we'll visit one of the showrooms to see how these products are made. Back at the hotel we'll welcome in the New Year in style with a fabulous gala dinner.
- Day 10 New Year’s Kitzbühel
- We're going to travel to the renowned alpine resort of Kitzbühel today and if the weather is kind to us, we'll take an enchanting horse-drawn carriage ride through the wintry landscape. Later we'll watch as Kitzbühel's best skiers celebrate the New Year with a torchlight parade, along with fire jumping, live music and a firework display.
- Day 11 Kramsach/UK
- Your holiday comes to an end today as we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Accademia
- Hotel Sonnenuhr