Venice Simplon - Orient-Express, Lake Garda & Venice
This holiday of a lifetime includes an overnight stay aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express as you travel through Europe to the city of Verona. Enjoy a four-course meal in one of the elegant dining cars and then wake up to breakfast served in your cabin, followed by lunch and afternoon tea. Spend a couple of days relaxing in Desenzano, a charming town on the shores of Lake Garda, before a first-class rail journey takes you Venice. A three-night stay in this delightful city gives you ample time to explore the maze of alleyways, canals, bridges and famous sights.
A holiday of a lifetime across Europe including an overnight stay onboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express experience from London Victoria to Verona
- Return flight from Venice to Gatwick with British Airways
- 6 nights in 4-star hotels
- 1 night on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express on a full-board basis
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Travel on the Belmond British Pullman and the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- DAY 1 UK/Verona
- You'll make your way to London Victoria Station, where the Belmond British Pullman is waiting for you. This handsome train will whisk you through the Kent countryside as you are served brunch and a Bellini cocktail. Once you've crossed the English Channel, you'll disembark in Calais and begin the next leg of your journey. This time you'll be welcomed aboard the iconic Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, one of the world's most famous trains. Relax in comfort as you take in the views from your private cabin, and once you have dressed for dinner maybe head to the bar car. Here you can sip an aperitif whilst enjoying the music from the resident pianist. You can then savour a freshly prepared four-course meal in one of the elegant dining cars. End your evening back in the bar car, where you can enjoy a nightcap with your fellow guests. When it's time to retire for the night, you'll find that your cabin has been turned into a cosy bedroom by your personal steward.
- DAY 2 Lake Garda
- Waking aboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is a wonderful way to start the day. As the train makes her way to Verona you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your exquisite surroundings, starting with breakfast served in your cabin. You are invited to make your way to a restaurant car, where a three-course lunch is served as you take in the passing scenery. The Italian Dolomites form a splendid backdrop to an elegant afternoon tea and your unforgettable journey ends as you disembark in Verona. On arrival, you'll be met and transferred by road to Lake Garda.
- DAY 3 Lake Garda
- Your hotel is located on the southern shores of Lake Garda in the charming town of Desenzano. Why not get your bearings with a stroll through café-lined cobbled streets to its 11th century castle. If you would like to see Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy, from another perspective, we'll organise an optional cruise on board a 16th century wooden ketch boat.
- Day 4 Lake Garda
- All you have to do today is relax and enjoy your surroundings. As well as stunning lake views, your hotel boasts a pool, sun terrace and a small private beach. If you'd like to discover more, you could head to Desenzano's Roman Villa to admire well-preserved mosaics and artefacts displayed in the fascinating museum.
- DAY 5 Venice
- You're heading to Venice today via a first-class journey by train. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel and the rest of the day is yours to discover this beautiful city. Take a stroll along its main waterway, the Grand Canal, or head off the beaten track to explore a maze of hidden alleyways, canals and bridges.
- DAYS 6 Venice
- There are so many famous sights in this extraordinary floating city, so set your own pace as you head off to see St Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and more. St Mark's Basilica, the city's cathedral is an unforgettable sight, and you should also make time to see the 16th century Rialto Bridge, the oldest one spanning the Grand Canal. If you want to see the famous islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello in the Venetian Lagoon, join our optional excursion by water taxi.
- Day 7 Venice
- See more of Venice at leisure, maybe even treating yourself to a gondola ride. At one time, thousands of gondolas are thought to have sailed the city's waterways, but today just a few hundred remain. For a bird's-eye view of the city, why not climb to the top of the Campanile, the city's tallest building.
- DAY 8 Venice
- We'll transfer you to the airport today for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Continental Venice
- Hotel Lido International
- Originally a historical house in Desenzano del Garda this shore side property is full of charm. The hotel features a large garden with an elegant swimming pool which leads directly to the beach with a full view of the lake.
- Venice Simplon Orient Express
- The Orient Express is one of the world's most famous luxury trains. Step aboard and experience truly elegant travel.
- Private boat trip on Lake Garda
- Cruise to Murano, Burano and Torcello
- A night at the Verona opera