PRICE FROM ? £3399 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways or South African Airways
- 15 nights in 3 and 4-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 24 meals: 15 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Cape Town tour and Table Mountain
- Cape Peninsula, Cape Point, Boulders Beach and Botanical Gardens
- Winelands cellar tour and tasting
- The Drostdy Museum in Swellendam
- The Cango Caves and an ostrich farm
- Drive along the Garden Route
- Featherbed Nature Reserve
- Storms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park
- Discover charming Port Elizabeth
- The Zulu battlefields
- Game drive in Kruger National Park
- Drive along the scenic Panorama Route
- A 'braai' dinner under the stars
- Chimp Eden, a chimpanzee sanctuary
- DAY 1 UK/Cape Town
- Depart on your scheduled overnight flight to Cape Town.
- DAY 2 Cape Town
- You'll arrive in Cape Town this morning, where your sightseeing starts en route to your hotel. You'll see many of the city's highlights and have the chance to take a cable car ride up Table Mountain (weather permitting). You'll stay in Cape Town for three nights.
- DAY 3 Cape Peninsula
- You'll spend the day exploring the Cape Peninsula. If weather conditions are favourable, your adventure heads along Chapman's Peak, one of the most spectacular coastal drives in the world, finally reaching Cape Nature Reserve and Cape Point. You return to Cape Town via Boulders Beach where you will see its famous penguin colony. Your journey continues through Simon's Town, Fish Hoek and Muizenberg. Finally you'll call at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- DAY 4 Cape Town
- Explore Cape Town at your own pace today, or why not join an optional excursion to Khayelitsha, the largest black township in Cape Town. En route you'll visit Bo-Kapp Malay Quarter and drive through District Six, a former residential area whose inhabitants were forcibly removed during the era of apartheid. Your tour includes a visit to the Philani Empowerment centre and the opportunity to experience daily life within this spirited community. Another optional excursion today gives you the chance to visit the Mount Nelson Hotel for afternoon tea.
- DAY 5 Stellenbosch
- Stellenbosch nestles in the centre of the western cape winelands. Today you'll head here for a tour of the city and the winelands surrounding it. Wine-tastings and a cellar tour are also included.
- DAY 6 Oudtshoorn
- Enjoy a relaxing drive to the town of Swellendam. One of the oldest towns in South Africa, it boasts stunning architecture and a fascinating museum, which you will visit today. Your journey continues to Oudtshoorn in the Klein Karoo, stopping to take in the stunning views from Huisrivier Pass en route.
- DAY 7 - Hermanus
- Hermanus, your destination today is known as one of the best places for land based whale watching in the world as at this time of year Southern Right Whales stay in the bay close to the shore and can be seen from the network of cliff paths. For the chance to witness these mesmerising creatures in their own habitat a whale-watching boat trip has been organised (weather dependent). The afternoon is at leisure so explore the town at your own pace. We have arranged an overnight stay here.
- DAY 8 Knysna
- Oudtshoorn is the 'ostrich capital of the world', and home to the world's largest population of this unique flightless bird. You will have the chance to see these fascinating creatures up close at the Safari Ostrich Farm, before visiting the Cango Caves. Located in a limestone ridge alongside the stunning Swatberg Mountains, this magnificent cave system is more than 20 million years old.Continue to Knysna where you stay for two nights.
- DAY 9 Knysna
- After a leisurely start, our day picks up steam with a visit to Featherbed Nature Reserve and a lunch cruise on Knysna Lagoon.
- DAY 10 Port Elizabeth
- Your journey to Port Elizabeth via Plettenberg Bay includes a stop at Storms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park.
- DAY 11 Battlefields
- Enjoy a tour of Port Elizabeth, one of the largest cities in South Africa. You'll then head to the airport for your flight to Durban. On arrival, travel into a very different territory from the one you have experienced in the previous few days as you approach the heart of the Zulu kingdom, the KwaZulu-Natal battlefields. You'll stay in the area for two nights.
- DAY 12 Battlefields
- Join a guided tour that takes in the battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift. Stand at the very spot where the 1879 Battle of Isandlwana and subsequent conflict at Rorke's Drift took place.
- DAY 13 Kruger
- No visit to South Africa would be complete without experiencing Kruger National Park. Today's journey to the park is long but it is certainly worth it. On the way, you will experience the many different landscapes of the country. Your lodge-style hotel, where you will stay for the next two nights, sits on the banks of the Sabie River.
- DAY 14 Kruger
- Wake up to the incredible sights and sounds of nature with an optional early-morning game drive. An optional game drive is also offered in the afternoon, or you can choose a full-day game drive. Alternatively, you could spend time at leisure, perhaps lazing by the pool.
- DAY 15 Kruger
- En route to your next lodge, enjoy an included game drive with a breakfast picnic. We also include a tour of Chimp Eden, a Chimpanzee Sanctuary founded by Dr Jane Goodall, which is situated within the spectacular 1,000-hectare Umhloti Nature Reserve.
- DAY 16 Kruger & Panorama Route
- This morning you will experience the breathtaking Panorama Route (weather permitting). This is one of the region's most scenic routes and travels through some South Africa's most beautiful scenery. Highlights include the rainforest at God's Window, waterfalls, the Bourke's Luck Potholes and the Three Rondavels. This evening, you will experience a braai – a traditional South African barbecue – under the stars (weather permitting).
- DAY 17 Kruger/UK
- Today you will transfer to Johannesburg for your early evening flight to the UK.
- DAY 18 UK
- You'll arrive in the UK today.If you book 'Make Your Own Way' your tour will end at Johannesburg Airport
- ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn on the Square
- Overlooking Green Market Square in Cape Town, Inn on the Square Cape Town is a contemporary hotel in one of Cape Town’s oldest buildings. Inn on the Square Cape Town’s in-house restaurant, DISH, offers quality South African cuisine. Here they offer a selection of local and imported wines that can be enjoyed either in the restaurant, Cobble & Stone Pub or on the terrace. All rooms include air-conditioning, hairdryers, Wi-Fi and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch
- Located in-between two international golf courses with the best of the Winelands. The hotels facilities include a restaurant, bar, heated pool, lounge and health centre. Private room facilities are included.
- Windsor Hotel
- The 3-star Windsor Hotel in Hermanus is located close to plenty of restaurants and shops. The area is also great for whale watching.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and Wi-Fi. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV and a safe.
- Queens Hotel
- Queens Hotel, located in the heart of Oudtshoorn, is an oasis of colonial elegance. Hotel rooms feature air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and private facilities. The Colony at the Queens restaurant, located on-site, offer gourmet dining options with superb meals and an excellent wine menu.
- The Rex Hotel
- Located close to the Waterfront Knysna Quays, this mondern hotel features a Mediterranean restaurant with a terrace. The airy rooms have tea and coffee-making facilities, minibars, satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.
- The Paxton Hotel
- This contemporary hotel strikes a great balance between excellent facilities and a superb location. The Paxton’s amenities include an outdoor pool, fitness centre and a bar. There are beautiful views of the harbour from the guest rooms or you could take a walk to the beach. Back in the hotel - there is room service readily available and free WiFi.
- Battlefields Country Lodge
- The 3-star Battlefields Country Lodge is situated in the heart of the well known historic Battlefields in KwaZulu Natal near Dundee.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant and a bar. Bedrooms have private facilities and air-conditioning.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate is a lodge-style hotel in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, located 12 minutes walk away from the Paul Kruger Gate. Rooms have free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and tea/coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include outdoor pool with a bar and a spa.
- Cape Town Township Tour
- Afternoon tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel
- Game drives at Kruger National Park