Treasures Of Jordan
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAFLJOE
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 5
Explore the historical sites and natural wonders of this desert country, with ruined Roman cities, Crusader castles and the take-your-breathaway ‘lost city’ of Petra line up alongside aromatic cups of tea with desert nomads, rainbow coloured coral reefs and ancient culture on this scintillating journey through Jordan.
Explore the historical sites and natural wonders of this desert country, with 'rose-red' Petra its most famed treasure.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Royal Jordanian
- 7 nights half board in 4 and 5-star hotels
- 13 meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 dinners
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- The Dead Sea, Mount Nebo and Madaba
- Tours of Amman and Jerash
- Shobak Castle visit
- Discover 'Little Petra'
- Walking tour of Petra
- Tea with the Bedouins
- Wadi Rum 4-wheel drive
- DAY 1 UK/Amman
- Depart on your flight to Amman today, the capital of Jordan. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay.
- DAY 2 Amman
- A full day of discovery begins with a morning tour of Amman. You'll see many of its treasures, including a Roman amphitheatre, the magnificent citadel, which towers above downtown Amman, and the King Abdullah Mosque. In the afternoon we're going to Jerash, one of the largest and best-preserved Roman cities in existence. Highlights here are the Temples of Artemis and Zeus, Hadrian's Triumphal Arch and a street of columns a mile long.
- DAY 3 Dead Sea
- Today you're going to travel to the Dead Sea, the lowest spot on earth. If you like, you can enjoy the unique experience of floating in its waters, renowned for their buoyancy and therapeutic qualities. On the way here we'll pass Mount Nebo, from where Moses sighted the Promised Land. We'll round off our day with a visit to Madaba, where you'll see the centuries-old stone mosaic of the Holyland.
- DAY 4 Petra
- We're heading south today, to Petra, where you'll stay in a hotel located close to the entrance gate of this famed 'lost city'. One highlight of your journey is a breathtaking landscape of desert, mountains and canyons, another is a visit along the way to the ancient fortress of Shobak. This is one of the largest and most impregnable of the chain of forts built by the Crusaders and is an impressive example of architectural military genius. Every stronghold was built to be a day's journey from its neighbour, and at night, beacons were lit to signal to Jerusalem that each was safe. Next we're going to stop at Siq al-Barid, known as 'Little Petra' and thought to be a suburb of Petra used by traders visiting the Silk Road.
- DAY 5 Petra
- Today's the day you will get to explore Petra on a guided walking tour. This extraordinary city carved into the sandstone is concealed beyond a long, narrow gorge – the Siq – and your Local Guide will lead you through this corridor of rock. Get ready for your first glimpse of the magnificent Treasury Building, it will not disappoint.
- DAY 6 Wadi Rum & Aqaba
- A day of contrasts begins as you head off into the desert of Wadi Rum on an exciting four-wheel drive. You've also got the chance to take tea with the Bedouin people who live in the barren deserts of the Middle East. Our final destination is the Red Sea resort of Aqaba, which we reach in the afternoon. Renowned for its amazing beaches, where the crystal-clear waters are teeming with marine life and coral reefs, why not spend the afternoon lazing on the sand.
- DAY 7 Aqaba
- How you spend today is entirely up to you. Your beachfront hotel is also close to the marina, and excellent facilities include four swimming pools.
- DAY 8 Aqaba/UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK via Amman.
- Grand Millennium Amman
- Contemporarily designed with modern décor - The Grand Millennium Amman hotel offers 5 star luxury in a fantastic location. Situated in the commercial area of Shmeisani – you’ll be able to walk to art galleries, shopping centres and entertainment hot spots. All guest rooms offer views of the city, and are furnished with a minibar, ironing facilities and flat screen TVs. Further features of the hotel include an indoor pool, spa and a gym – whilst room service and free WiFi are also available.
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
- This 5-star resort and Spa offers a truly quality service in a stunning location. By staying at The Mövenpick Dead Sea - you’ll be treated to gorgeous panoramic views of the Dead Sea. The rooms are air conditioned and have satellite TVs fitted – and will be overlooking either the sea, pool or garden. The resort has both a heated pool and an infinity pool amongst their selection of swimming pools. Other fantastic aspects of this hotel include having private beach access, an all-day restaurant and free Wi-Fi.
- Petra Guest House Hotel
- The 4-star Hotel Guest House is located very close to the 'Lost City' of Petra, so is the ideal base for those wishing to explore.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and a unique Nabatean cave bar with a large piazza. Bedrooms have private facilities, coffee/tea-maker, air-conditioning, TV and mini-bar.
- Movenpick Resort & Residence Aqaba
- The Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba is located in the centre of Aqaba with a magnificent view of the stunning waters of the Red Sea and coloured mountains, providing guests direct access to their own private beach. It is 10 km from King Hussein International Airport, near the archeological sites of the Islamic city of Ayla.
This architectural delight features a mix of European and Arabesque designs, reflecting a homely feeling. The resort combines grandeur, luxury and welcoming hospitality. The resort''s four swimming pools are guaranteed to keep you cool in hot temperatures. Unwind at our adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym. Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations, as well as, sunset cruises and glass-bottomed boat trips, or other fun activities include para-sailing, water skiing and jet skiing.