PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 14 nights half-board in 3 and 4-star hotels
- 28 meals: 14 breakfasts, 14 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Tour the floating city of Venice
- Visit the historical city of Bologna
- View the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Visit the fortress town of Orvieto
- Enter Montecassino Abbey
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii
- Visit Taormina for views of Mount Etna
- Farewell drink
- Day 1 UK/Venice
- After flying to Venice, we'll transfer you to your hotel in Lido di Jesolo on the Adriatic Coast.
- Day 2 Venice
- Today's the day you'll get to explore Venice, with famous highlights including St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge.
- Day 3 Bologna
- This morning we'll head off into northern Italy and Tuscany's glorious countryside. Our journey takes us through Bologna, where we'll stretch our legs on a sightseeing tour.
- Day 4 Pisa
- From our base in Montecatini Terme, the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa is within reach. After your visit, the rest of the day is all yours.
- Day 5 Florence
- During a free day you can explore the spa town of Montecatini Terme at your own pace. Alternatively, add to your discoveries of Italy on an optional tour of Florence. Its centre is compact so it's easy to soak up its magnificent architecture on foot, which we'll do in part with a Local Guide.
- Day 6 Orvieto
- We're heading south today, to the region of Lazio and Rome. The impressive fortress town of Orvieto is ours to explore on the way to our hotel in the spa resort of Fiuggi. The waters here are said to have restorative powers – with a three-night stay you've time to put that to the test.
- Day 7 Rome
- Spend time at leisure in Fiuggi or marvel at the treasures of Rome on an optional excursion. Part of our day is accompanied by a Local Guide, who will share with us the stories behind the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and more.
- Day 8 Fiuggi
- You've the chance today to join an optional trip to the pretty hill-top villages of Castelli Romani, an area that is home to the Pope's summer palace. The locally produced wine is frascati, and as a treat, we'll have a glass in the town of Frascati itself.
- Day 9 Montecassino Abbey & Pompeii
- A full day of exploration begins with a visit to Montecassino Abbey before we arrive at the ruins of Pompeii for a guided walking tour. Later, we'll arrive in the scenic Sorrento Peninsula.
- Day 10 Amalfi
- You've a difficult choice today – you can explore the delights of Sorrento at leisure, or join an optional excursion and discover the beauty of the Amalfi Coast.
- Day 11 Capri
- It's just a short boat journey across the Bay of Naples to Capri. So if you want to add this glamorous island to your sightseeing list, today's optional excursion is a must.
- Day 12 Journey to Sicily
- We're leaving mainland Italy now, and heading to Sicily. A short ferry ride takes us to Messina, with an onward drive to Taormina.
- Day 13 Taormina
- Taormina sits on a sheer cliff, perched above beautiful beaches and close to Mount Etna, so just imagine the views you'll see on today's tour. There's plenty of free time too, so spend the afternoon making your own discoveries.
- Day 14 Mount Etna
- You've seen Mount Etna from afar, so maybe now's the time to see Europe's highest volcano up close on our optional excursion. Once here, there's a further option to head off on a 16-seater Jeep adventure with an Alpine Guide for amazing views of this majestic mountain. Back at your hotel tonight, we'll get together to enjoy a farewell drink in the bar.
- Day 15 Sicily/UK
- Today you'll transfer to Sicily's Catania Airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Hotel Salus
- The 3-star Salus, Lido di Jesolo in Venice is located in a great position overlooking the lovely Jesolo beach. Take a dip in the pool or spend some time on the hotel’s private beach. The Salus is also within easy reach of unique Venice.
Hotel facilities include an outdoor pool (typically open May-Sept), restaurant, bar and private beach. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning and a small terrace.
- Grand Hotel Tettuccio
- Located in downtown Montecini Terme just a short distance from the spa centre. Hotels facilities include restaurant, dining room, music room and tea room. Bedrooms have private facilities.
- Hotel San Giorgio
- The 4-star San Giorgio Hotel is ideally located in the centre of Fiuggi.
Hotel facilities include a restuarant, bar, swimming pool and spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, hairdryer, complimentary wi-fi, safe and a TV.
- Hotel Tirrenia
- Hotel Tirrenia is a 3-star hotel located in the heart of Sorrento and just a short distance from the iconic Piazza Tasso and its historic centre. Perfect for relaxing and exploring, just 500m from the main square of Sorrento, restaurants, bars and shops are within easy walking distance.
The Hotel Tirrenia has a relaxing Jacuzzi tub and sun deck overlooking the stunning Bay of Naples- the perfect way to spend your free time in Sorrento. The onsite restaurant is known for the quality and service of fine cuisine and Campania tradition. The Lobby Bar is hosted by an expert barman serving cocktails, after dinner drinks, tea and coffee. The Terrace bar is ideally situated on the 4th floor offering wonderful views, here you can enjoy drinks and tasty snacks.
Bedrooms are bright and comfortable and equipped with everything you need, the perfect place to spend your stay in Sorrento. En suite rooms have a balcony, safe, satellite TV, telephone, hair dryer and air conditioning.
- Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa
- The Sant Alphio Garden Hotel & Spa is located in the heart the Giardini Naxos, close to some of Sicily’s most iconic sites. Just a few steps from the sea, the hotel is located on the east coast of the Ionian Sea. The hotel has an onsite restaurant serving regional and international cuisine, bar, freshwater outdoor pool and private beach. Bedrooms are furnished in modern style and equipped with amenities including; private facilities, TV, air conditioning, phone and wi-fi.
- Italy's 'art city' Florence
- A night at the Montecatini opera
- Rome and its historical sites
- Villages of Castelli Romani with Frascati tasting
- The glamorous isle of Capri
- Discover Mount Etna
- Drive along the Amalfi Coast
Pre-bookable excursions: Florence, Rome and Mount Etna can be pre-booked as a package from just £148 per person.Back to top