The Italian Dolomites And Lake Bled For Christmas And New Year
- Duration: 11 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAXITSL
- Travel Type: Air
- 3 star hotel
Festive short break in Italy and Slovenia
Spend Christmas in the Trentino region of northern Italy and enjoy breathtaking views of the snow-capped Dolomites, Christmas lunch in a mountain chalet and a tasting of fiery grappa. A journey through the dramatic Julian Alps takes us on to Slovenia, where we'll celebrate New Year in Lake Bled. A horse-drawn carriage ride around the lake and a cable-car ride up Mount Vogel add a touch of magic to this festive holiday, which also includes a visit the Postojna Caves and Piran on the Adriatic coast.
Picturesque views of the snow-capped Dolomites, Christmas lunch in a mountain chalet and a horse-and-carriage ride around Lake Bled. These wonderful experiences add a dash of magic to this festive holiday in Italy and Slovenia.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 10 nights half board in 3 & 4-star hotels
- 21 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch, 10 dinners including traditional Italian festive dinner on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinner
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Travel through the snow-capped Dolomites to Trento
- Enjoy Christmas Day lunch in a mountain chalet restaurant
- Sample grappa in the medieval town of Bassano del Grappa
- Explore historic Treviso
- Visit the Postojna Caves and the picturesque town of Piran
- Lake Bled cruise and visit to Bled Castle
- New Year's Eve gala dinner and dancing
- Day 1 UK/Fiera di Primiero
- Today you'll fly to Venice. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel in Fiera di Primiero, a pretty town in the Trentino region of northern Italy. Meet your travelling companions over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Trento
- After breakfast we'll set off on a full-day excursion to the capital of Trentino, Trento. Our journey takes us through the beautiful snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites and is sure to put you in a festive mood. Soak up Trento's magical atmosphere and perhaps browse the Christmas market before we return to the hotel to enjoy a traditional Italian festive dinner.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Fiera di Primiero
- It's Christmas Day and you've something very special to look forward to. After a leisurely breakfast and time to relax, we're going to set off on a wonderful journey through the spectacular winter scenery. We're heading to a chalet restaurant high in the mountains, where Christmas lunch will be served.
- Day 4 Boxing Day Bassano del Grappa
- After breakfast we're going to head to Bassano del Grappa, a pretty medieval market town renowned for its production of the Italian spirit, grappa. The Nardini family has been making high-quality grappa since 1779 and you'll have a chance to sample some in their bar on the beautiful Palladian bridge, right in the heart of the town.
- Day 5 Treviso
- Today we're going to discover the wonderful historic town of Treviso. At its heart is Piazza dei Signori, a great place to relax over a coffee or light lunch. Admire the historic town hall, the Palazzo dei Trecento or head away from the square towards the Duomo to discover the town's smartest shopping street.
- Day 6 Lake Bled
- We're going to leave Italy today and head to Lake Bled in Slovenia. Our journey takes us through the dramatic scenery of the Julian Alps, so be sure to cast your gaze skywards for fabulous views of the towering peaks. With its stunning natural beauty, Bled is one of Slovenia's most popular resorts, and your hilltop hotel has wonderful views of the emerald-green lake and pretty church-topped islet. On arrival at our hotel, close to the lake, we'll enjoy a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 7 Ljubljana
- Enjoy a day at leisure or join an optional morning excursion to Slovenia's elegant capital, Ljubljana. There will be plenty of time to walk around its centre, where Baroque buildings and ancient ramparts are overlooked by a grand castle, and to enjoy the Christmas lights.
- Day 8 Postojna Caves & Piran
- Our sightseeing today takes us to the Postojna Caves – carved over thousands of years by the Pivka River. We'll head into the depths of these caverns by train on an eerie journey past incredible stalactites and stalagmites and sculptured galleries of rock. Our next stop is the picturesque town of Piran on the Adriatic coast, where a Local Guide will introduce you to the Old Town and its beautiful Venetian Gothic architecture.
- Day 9 New Year’s Eve Lake Bled
- On New Year's Eve we'll discover more of Lake Bled's beauty. We'll cruise to the middle of the lake on a traditional wooden vessel known as a Pletna boat and then step ashore on Bled Island to visit the Church of the Assumption. Afterwards we'll drive to Bled Castle, and from its cliff-top location you can take in great views and then head inside to discover Bled's history. We'll see in the New Year back at the hotel with a gala dinner and dancing until the early hours.
- Day 10 New Year’s Bohinj & Mount Vogel
- Today is yours to do just as you please. You can relax at your hotel, or join an optional excursion to picturesque Bohinj, a collection of little hamlets on the shores of a beautiful lake. Here you can also take a cable-car ride up nearby Mount Vogel for yet more breathtaking views.
- Day 11 Lake Bled/UK
- Today we will transfer you to the airport in Venicefor your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Sass Maor
- You will stay in the 3-star Hotel Sass Maor in Fiera di Primiero, a pretty town in the Trentino region of Italy. Facilities include a bar and restaurant, relaxation area with sauna and a garden. The alpinestyle bedrooms have private facilities, TV, hairdryer and a balcony offering mountain views.
- Hotel Bled Rose
- Surrounded by mountains, this newly refurbished hotel is situated within a spa park close to Lake Bled. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, fitness centre and spa with indoor pool. Guest rooms feature en suite facilities, TV, safe and balcony.
- Explore Slovenia's capital Ljubljana
- Lakeside Bohinj and a cable-car ride up Mount Vogel