The Island Of Elba
From its rugged coastline to its historic towns, the island that famously harboured the exiled Napoleon, is a true delight. Journey along Elba’s picturesque south coast to the colourful harbour and white-sand bay of Marina di Campo. Take in the scenery as you travel inland to Villa San Martino – Napoleon's summer house, then visit the perfume laboratory of Acqua dell'Elba. Your holiday continues as you explore the remote Roman mining town of Capoliveri and admire Elba's beauty and the Mediterranean’s underwater wonders on a two-hour cruise aboard a glass-bottomed vessel. There’s plenty of time to make your own discovery’s too and relax in your hotel surrounded by Elba’s stunning landscapes.
From its rugged coastline to its historic towns, the island that famously harboured the exiled Napoleon, is a true delight.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 7 breakfasts, 1 dinner and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Island tour and bay of Marina di Campo
- Acqua dell'Elba perfume experience
- Barbecue dinner around the pool
- Napoleon's San Martino Villa
- Eastern Elba tour
- Day 1 UK - Pisa
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Pisa. Transfer to Piombino from where you'll take the ferry to Elba. Then it's just a short journey to your hotel on the edge of the beautiful village of Marciana Marina.
- Day 2 Marina di Campo & Villa San Martino
- Join our included tour of the island. Our first stop is the tiny village of Chiessi, before you journey along the picturesque south coast to the colourful harbour and white-sand bay of Marina di Campo. Take in the scenery as you travel inland to Villa San Martino – Napoleon's summer house, then visit the perfume laboratory of Acqua dell'Elba, a company inspired by the discovery of a perfume bottle found on a shipwreck from the 2nd century. Here, fragances are created using plants from the island, and you can sample or buy a range of perfumes and aftershaves whilst visiting. In the evening we'll gather around the pool for a special barbecue.
- Day 3 Marciana Marina - at Leisure
- Today is free for you to spend as you wish. Alternatively, you can take an optional excursion to Portoferraio. This trip includes a visit to Napoleon's winter villa, Villa dei Mulini. It was from here that the exiled French emperor made plans to once again conquer Europe. Later, we visit a local artisan brewery which produces craft beers with an intense and traditional taste. Take the chance to sample a variety of different tasting brews.
- Day 4 Marciana Marina - at Leisure
- After breakfast you may choose to join an optional half-day walk through Elba's stunning scenery. Highlights include the ancient mountain hamlet of Poggio, San Cerbone Chapel, the Pisan fortress and the 11th century Sanctuary of the Madonna del Monte. This lovely walk ends with a gentle descent to the village of Marciana Alta. Spend the rest of the day at leisure at your hotel.
- Day 5 Eastern Elba
- There's more of Elba to discover today during our included half-day tour of the east of the island. You'll explore the remote Roman mining town of Capoliveri then continue on to the resort of Porto Azzuro.
- Day 6 Marciana Marina - at Leisure
- Today, you can take it easy at your own pace or join our optional excursion to the 18th century vineyard at La Chiusa. You'll get the chance to taste up to four different wines, all made from grapes grown on the vineyard. From a flowery, flavoursome white, to an intense ruby red, there's a wine to suit all palettes. In the evening, why not relax by the sea and sample the cuisine at a seaside restaurant.
- Day 7 Marciana Marina - at Leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend at leisure. You could choose to admire Elba's beauty from the sea with a two-hour cruise on board 'The Nautilus', a glass-bottomed vessel that will introduce you to the underwater wonders of the Mediterranean. You may even see an amazing shipwrecked boat from the 1970s.
- Day 8 Pisa - UK
- Your holiday comes to an end today as you transfer to Pisa for your flight home.
- Hotel Tamerici
- Located in the charming town of Marciana Marina, the Hotel Tamerici is a 4 star modern and elegant hotel with a pool, bar, restaurant and massage service. The hotel is also only 500 metres from the beach and traditional Elban shops and restaurants. Rooms are cosy and spacious and are equipped with wifi, air conditioning, balcony, TV, minibar and safe.
- Portoferraio, Napoleon’s Winter Villa and craft beer experience
- Elba's ‘Legend, Mystery and Intrigue’ walk
- Wine-tasting at a winery and dinner at a seaside restaurant