Spectacular Rockies & Vancouver
- Duration: 12 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAURV
- Travel Type: Air
- Excursions: 5
|Canada's awe-inspiring Rocky Mountains and the stunning city of Vancouver combine to fill this tour with scenic wonders.|
Canada's awe-inspiring Rocky Mountains and the stunning city of Vancouver combine to fill this tour with scenic wonders.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 10 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 2 breakfasts
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Tour of Banff
- Explore Banff and Jasper National Parks
- Discover the beauty of Lake Louise
- Jasper, Maligne Lake and Maligne Canyon
- Rockies river safari on the Blue River
- Victoria tour
- Vist Butchart Gardens
- Vancouver tour and Stanley Park
- Day 1 UK/Banff
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Calgary today. On arrival we'll transfer you to Banff. Nestled in the heart of the Rockies, this is a great starting point for your adventure, and three nights here gives you plenty of time to explore.
- Day 2 Banff
- You're going to get out in the great outdoors this morning on a tour of Banff. There are so many scenic highlights here, and we're going to fit in as many as possible. You'll see the Hoodoos of Bow Valley, imposing spires of rock carved by the forces of nature which stand guard over the Bow River, and Surprise Corner. As the name suggests, sensational picture-postcard views are waiting for you here, so remember to bring your camera! You might choose to make your own discoveries this afternoon. However, you've also got the chance to see more spectacular views of the Rockies, but this time from the sky on an optional helicopter flight.
- Day 3 Lake Louise
- A full day out today takes you to a destination often described as the most beautiful place in Canada, Lake Louise. See if you think this glacial jade-green lake surrounded by mountains lives up to its reputation.
- Day 4 Jasper
- At times the Banff-Jasper Highway reaches nearly 7,000ft above sea level, and the mountain ranges flanking it soar to more than 11,000ft. We're going to travel along this iconic route on our way to Jasper, our next base. Before we arrive we're going to stop at the Great Columbia Icefield. If you're up for adventure, an optional Ice Explorer ride across the Athabasca Glacier is highly recommended.
- Day 5 Jasper
- A former railroad town, Jasper is now known for its breathtakingly beautiful national park. You're going to discover its incredible highlights today, in particular the spectacular Maligne Lake, renowned for its azure waters, and Maligne Canyon. You've a couple of thrilling optional excursions to choose from today too. You could join an exhilarating Athabasca River rafting experience. And later, you can take in more stunning sights on an evening nature walk.
- Day 6 Kamloops
- Our journey to Kamloops in British Columbia takes us over Yellow Head Pass, past Mount Robson – the highest peak in the Rockies – and along the Trans-Canada Highway. The scenery may be spectacular but the highlight of your day is sure to be our stop at Blue River for an exciting Rockies river safari. This once-in-a-lifetime cruise will take you through Grizzly Bear Valley on the lookout for an array of wildlife including moose, eagles, ospreys and, of course, grizzly bears.
- Day 7 Victoria
- The ferry terminal is where we're headed this morning on a journey which takes us once again through the rugged scenery of the Rocky Mountains. Our ferry will take us to Vancouver Island and then we'll travel by road to Victoria, the provincial capital of British Columbia. This is our base for the next two nights, and we'll get our bearings right away with a sightseeing tour on arrival.
- Day 8 Victoria
- Soak up Victoria's old-world charm as you explore at leisure today. Highlights include the fabled Empress Hotel, which overlooks the picturesque inland harbour. The waters here are home to an array of marine mammals, so an optional whale-watching excursion is sure to leave a lasting impression.
- Day 9 Vancouver
- Your morning tour takes you to the famous Butchart Gardens to see a dazzling display of flowers and plants. Later, we return to the mainland by ferry and travel by road to Vancouver. This city boasts an idyllic setting, where the ocean meets the mountains, and you'll see its highlights this afternoon. Your tour will take you to the city's historic core, known as 'Gastown', plus Chinatown, Stanley Park with its famous totem poles, and the beautiful harbour.
- Day 10 Vancouver
- Vancouver is yours to explore as you please today. If you'd like to join an optional excursion, come with us to Vancouver's North Shore. Here you'll see the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge and take a cable-car ride up Grouse Mountain. On a clear day the views of the city, the snow-capped mountains of Washington State and Vancouver Island are just wonderful.
- Day 11 Vancouver/UK
- Enjoy a little more free time in Vancouver before we transfer you to the airport for your flight home.
- Day 12 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Mount Royal Hotel
- Perfectly situated downtown in the very heart of Banff and overlooking the mountains, this historic hotel
has been situated here since 1908. The hotel has been completely updated this winter inspired by the history of the hotel and the area.
Warm, relaxed rooms and suites benefit from a desk area, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, kettle and coffee machine, smart TV, hairdryer, safe and iron.
There are four dining options at the hotel including Tony Roma''s restaurant, a guest lounge and Toque Canadian Pub. Additionally the hotel boasts a library, and roof top lounge with outdoor hot tubs.
- Lobstick Lodge
- The Lobstick Lodge in Jasper is a comfortable hotel in a lovely setting, boasting a lovely outdoor patio area.
Hotel facilities include an indoor pool and fitness centre. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV, minifridge, hairdryer and Wi-Fi.
- Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel
- This contemporary hotel is a minute's walk from Kamloops Heritage Railway, a 3-minute walk from the Interior Savings Centre and a 12-minute walk from Sacred Heart Cathedral. The airy rooms feature free Wi-Fi and 39-inch flat-screen TVs, plus minifridges, microwaves and work desks with ergonomic chairs. Amenities include a trendy sports bar with an outdoor patio as well as an indoor pool and fitness centre.
- Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel
- The 4-star Best Western Carlton Plaza is situated in downtown Victoria.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant and a gym. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, hairdryer, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown
- A 7-minute walk from shopping on Robson Street, this modern hotel is also a 10-minute walk from the Hornby Street Aquabus, which offers direct access to Granville Island. Hotel rooms come with flat-screen TVs and desks, plus minifridges and coffeemakers. The facility also offers a casual restaurant/lounge, an indoor heated pool and a 24-hour exercise room, plus a spa.
- Helicopter ride over the Rockies
- Banff Gondola
- Ice Explorer ride across the Athabasca Glacier
- River rafting on the Athabasca River
- Twilight nature walk in Jasper
- Vancouver's stunning North Shore
- Whale-watching trip
- Flight-seeing seaplane over Victoria
Back to top