Secret Lakes Of Italy
Soak up the stunning scenery at six "secret" beauty spots, and sample the wonderful wines and cuisine of northern Italy.
Soak up the stunning scenery at six 'secret' beauty spots, and sample the wonderful wines and cuisine of northern Italy.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights half-board in 4-star hotels
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Scenic cruise around Lake Iseo
- Villa Quistini gardens, dinner and wine-tasting
- Lake Idro and Lake Ledro
- Lake Molveno, Lake Caldaro, lunch and wine-tasting
- Explore the elegant spa town of Levico
- Sample the cuisine of each Italian region visited
- Farewell gala dinner of local specialities
Please note: Thanks to your feedback we know you want to explore more at your own pace. That’s why from 2019 we’re including 3 dinners, so you can experience eating out.
- DAY 1 UK/Milan
- Today you'll depart on your scheduled flight to Linate. On arrival we’lltransfer you to the pretty resort of Lovere on the northern coast of Lake Iseo.Your hotel boasts a great position right on the lake, offering fantastic views.
- DAY 2 Franciacorta
- You have plenty of free time this morning to settle in at your hotel and explore your base, which is nestled between mountains and the lake. Amongst the attractions you'll find in Lovere are a picturesque promenade, a medieval Old Town and a renowned art gallery. You might choose to take lunch in one of the many pavement cafés before we set off on our afternoon excursion to Franciacorta in Lombardy's wine region. First we're going to explore the 16th century Castello Quistini, a traditional villa whose main halls are noted for their stunning Belle Époque décor and works of art. After this, our tour of its gardens is in excellent company, as the estate owner and an expert guide tell us all about the plants and flowers. The bioenergetics garden, rose labyrinth, secret garden of hydrangeas, English garden and ancient orchard are among the many fabulous sights you'll see. Dinner is a three-course meal of local produce, which we'll enjoy at the Al Rocol farmhouse. Our day comes to a sparkling end with a tasting of Franciacorta, widely regarded as the country's finest sparkling wine and Italy's answer to Champagne.
- DAY 3 Lake Iseo
- After breakfast we're going to discover the beauty of Lake Iseo on an included scenic cruise around its islands. We'll journey across the shimmering waters, past privately owned Loreto and San Paolo, before stepping ashore on Monte Isola. The unspoilt 'island mountain' towers to 600 metres above sea level and is home to many pretty villages and hamlets. It is also famous for the Feast of the Holy Cross – a magnificent celebration held every five years when the villages are decorated with thousands of paper flowers. You'll have plenty of time to explore at your own pace before we make our way back to Lovere.
- DAY 4 Lake Idro & Lake Ledro
- We're on the road today, heading to our new base, the spa town of Levico Terme, squeezing in two more 'secret' lakes as we go. Renowned for its beauty, Lake Idro is tucked away in the valley of Sabbia between Lakes Garda and Iseo. We'll stretch our legs along its shores and have time to take in the spectacular views from a lakeside café. Heading further north we're going to make a stop at Lake Ledro, whose deep-blue waters are surrounded by alpine scenery. This makes the perfect setting for our included lunch at a trattoria in the resort of Pieve di Ledro. After trying local specialities which include cheese, game and lake fish, we'll continue our journey to the famous spa town of Levico Terme. We'll arrive at our hotel, close to the shores of Lake Levico, in good time to settle in before dinner. This picturesque mountain lake is surrounded by lush forests.
- DAY 5 Levico Terme
- Levico Terme is an elegant town renowned for its therapeutic springs and you'll head off on a sightseeing tour this morning with your Tour Manager. An afternoon at leisure gives you the chance to make your own discoveries. You could simply enjoy some 'me' time as you relax by the hotel's swimming pool. Alternatively, maybe you'll embark on a hill walk among the town's castles, or perhaps take a more leisurely stroll into the Old Town to discover local crafts. This evening we're going to get together as a group and head to a restaurant for dinner. Regional specialities will be on the menu for us to sample.
- DAY 6 Lake Molveno & Lake Caldaro
- Today you're heading off to discover picturesque mountain lakes and take in exceptional views of the Italian Alps and Dolomites. The first stop on your included tour is Lake Molveno, which is located in a hidden valley at the base of the Dolomite Mountains and is noted for its clear waters. You'll be allowed plenty of time to explore the surroundings of the lake, which hide an entire prehistoric forest. We'll also make a stop for lunch before moving on to Lake Caldaro. This is the warmest bathing lake in the Alps and is surrounded by green meadows and towering mountains. The area also boasts a long tradition of wine-making, and is known for the red Teroldago grape which produces deep, dark, fruity wines. Of course, a tasting is included as the finalé to our day of exploration. Back at the hotel, there's time to get ready for our farewell gala dinner, showcasing more of the culinary delights of the Trentino region.
- DAY 7 Lake Levico
- There's no pressure to do anything at all today, the time is yours to spend just as you wish. You might spend a lazy day soaking up the sun by the swimming pool, or perhaps you'll stroll into Levico Terme. The public spa in town offers a huge choice of pampering treatments, so maybe today's the day to treat yourself.
- DAY 8 Levico Terme/UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
Please note that in 2019 the itinerary for this tour will run in reverse due to customer feedback and customers will stay the first four nights in Levico and then to Lovere.
- Hotel Lovere Resort & Spa
- Located in Lovere, village at Lake Iseo. Hotels facilities include a restaurant and Spa. Bedrooms have private facilities.
- Hotel Bellavista
- Located in Valsugana, in the corner of trentino at the foot of the Dolomites. Hotel facilities include Belle Vue Bar, several sitting areas, Umberto I Restaurant, fitness centre and heated swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities.