This tour is packed with highlights as you explore India's most iconic cities and discover its revered landmarks. Head off on a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi and take in the sights of New Delhi by road, where elegant architecture is a stunning reminder of its colonial past. En route to the capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur, you'll visit the magnificent Taj Mahal and wander through the mighty Agra Fort. In Jodhpur you'll stay in one of India's finest heritage hotels and enjoy a unique treat – a royal picnic in its grounds. On to Udaipur, to explore the City Palace complex and take a relaxing cruise on Lake Pichola, before heading to Dasada, where a visit to a wildlife sanctuary gives you the chance to spot many species of bird. Your holiday comes to an end as you visit the Gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad, once home to the spiritual leader.
See India's iconic highlights, including the princely state of Rajasthan with its extravagant palaces and exquisite temples.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic
- 12 nights in 4 and 5-star hotels plus 1 night in flight
- 20 meals: 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 6 dinners
Travelsphere Tour Manager
Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Tours of Old and New Delhi
- Dine at a century-old Haveli in Delhi
- Visit the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort
- Explore the imposing Amber Fort
- Night tour of Jaipur City Palace Museum
- Overnight stay and Royal Picnic at a heritage hotel
- Discover splendid temples at Ranakpur
- Take an afternoon cruise on Lake Pichola
- Spot unique wildlife in Dasada
- See the Gandhi Ashram in Ahmedabad
- Day 1 UK/Delhi
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Delhi today.
- Day 2 Delhi
- On arrival in Delhi we will transfer you to your hotel. Your adventure begins this afternoon, when we explore the narrow streets and thronging markets of Old Delhi, a 17th century walled city. You'll take in the sights and sounds of the shopping district, Chandni Chowk, on a cycle rickshaw ride and see the exterior of the Red Fort. We'll admire the impressive marble domes of Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India, and visit Gandhi Smriti Museum. Later, dinner will be served at a Haveli, a former private mansion converted into a hotel.
- Day 3 Delhi & Agra
- You'll see the sights of New Delhi on a tour this morning. This spacious, imperial city was created by the British in 1911, and we'll drive through elegant boulevards and lush green parks where the iconic India Gate and imposing Parliament House are both reminders of its colonial past.
- Day 4 Agra & Jaipur
- Today promises to be very special as we visit the incredible Taj Mahal, located on the banks of the Yamuna River. This magnificent mausoleum was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favourite wife, Mumtaz, and nothing quite prepares you for the beauty of this building. Set in classical gardens with shimmering pools, its white-marble walls are inlaid with semi-precious stones and we will take in this exceptional sight before heading to nearby Mehtab Bagh. This centuries-old garden complex offers an alternative view of the Taj Mahal from the other side of the river. Later, we'll wander through the chambers of the mighty Agra Fort before continuing our journey to Jaipur. On the way we'll stop at the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri, built by an emperor in 1569 to celebrate the birth of his son.
- Day 5 Jaipur
- This morning you'll head to the Amber Fort, which sits on a hilltop overlooking the desert. We'll step inside to see the Temple of Kali, the Palace of Mirrors and the Hall of Pleasures. This afternoon we'll explore Jaipur, Rajasthan's capital, which is often described as the 'Pink City' because of the colour of its buildings. Highlights of our tour include a visit to the Jantar Mantar Astronomical Observatory, the City Palace and the elaborate facade of the Palace of the Winds. You'll return to the City Palace this evening to see a collection of rare items once owned by the Maharajahs of Jaipur. This will be followed by a 'Sound and Light' show narrated by a Bollywood star, and dinner at a city café.
- Day 6 Jaipur & Jodhpur
- We're heading to Jodhpur today, a scenic journey through a desert landscape.
- Day 7 Jodhpur
- Your sightseeing begins with a visit to the splendid Mehrangarh Fortress, which overlooks the blue and white houses of Jodhpur. Inside its walls you'll find elaborate palaces, grand courtyards and breathtaking vistas. Next we'll visit the Jaswant Thada, an imposing white-marble cenotaph and memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. Tonight you can soak up Jodhpur's atmosphere, on an optional tuk tuk ride to a local market.
- Day 8 Jodhpur & Rohet Garh
- Your journey continues as we drive the short distance to our new base, Rohet Garh. Still a family home, the fort is situated on the banks of a lake and is one of the finest heritage hotels in India. We'll stay in this haven of peace and tranquillity overnight and will enjoy a unique experience this afternoon, a royal picnic in the grounds.
- Day 9 Rohet Garh & Udaipur
- Today we're heading south to Udaipur, a beautiful city, known for its picturesque lakes and grand palaces. En route we'll make a stop at the Jain temples at Ranakpur, one of the major pilgrimage sites for followers of Jainism. Tonight, you have the option of visiting the home of a local noble family, where a cookery demonstration and dinner will be included.
- Day 10 Udaipur
- If you want to discover Udaipur before the city wakes up and temperatures begin to rise, why not join an optional early morning cycling tour. You'll ride from the Jagdish Temple and pass the clocktower and the vegetable and spice market and experience the city at its quietest time. Alternatively, your day will start with a visit to Udaipur's City Palace Museum, which houses a remarkable collection of items, from arms and armour to paintings and sculptures. Then we'll head to the Jagdish Temple, located within the City Palace complex, and take a stroll through the gardens of Sahelion Ki Bari, former home of the royal ladies of the city. This afternoon we're going to take a cruise on Lake Pichola to catch a glimpse of life along its shores.
- Day 11 Dasada
- We're going to drive to our next destination, Dasasda, this morning. After lunch you'll visit a wildlife sanctuary at the Little Rann of Kutch. If you're lucky, you might spot the rare Asiatic wild ass and a variety of birds including Macqueen's bustards and Bonneli's eagles. We'll return this evening and visit NawaTalao Lake, where common cranes, flamingos and other types of birds gather.
- Day 12 Ahmedabad
- After breakfast we'll drive to Ahmedabad, the largest city in the state of Gujarat. On the way you'll visit the Sun Temple at Modhera, which dates back to the 11th century and is decorated with magnificent carvings, and the underground temple at Patan. Tonight we'll head to a local restaurant for a vegetarian dinner and a cultural show.
- Day 13 Delhi
- This morning you're going to travel to the banks of the Sabarmati River, where the Gandhi Ashram is located. The spiritual leader lived here for about 12 years, and on a tour you'll see his living quarters and some interesting artifacts. We'll also visit the beautiful Hathee Singh Jain Temple and the intricately carved Adalaj stepwell. Tonight we'l fly back to Delhi.
- Day 14 Delhi/UK
- This morning we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Vasant Continental
- The 5-star Vasant Continental is situated in the diplomatic enclave of Delhi.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, spa and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, TV and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Agra
- The contemporary rooms in Radisson Blu Hotel feature free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Rooms are also equipped with tea/coffee-making facilities, a minibar and en-suite bathrooms. Other hotel facilities include fitness centre an a swimming pool alongside with the spa featuring a range of therapies and treatments. Restaurant on-site serves various Indian specialties and features separate vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisines. 24-hour coffee shop, the poolside bar and tea lounge are also available for guests looking for a quick bite.
- Ramada Jaipur
- The 4-star Ramada Hotel Jaipur is located in the heart of the ''Pink City''.
Hotel facilities include a choice of restaurants, bar, swimming pool, gym and spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, tea/coffee maker, TV and mini-bar.
- Park Plaza Jodhpur
- The Park Plaza hotel is located just 4.5km from Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur. Facilities include a restaurant, swimming pool, coffee shop, two bars, rooftop lounge and a gym. Bedrooms include private facilities, Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs, minibar plus tea and coffee-making facilities.
- Rohet Garh
- Rohet Garh is a magnificent Heritage Hotel situated in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Situated on the banks of a lake and set in the midst of beautiful rural surroundings. Hotel facilities include a swimming pool, restaurant, lounge & terraces with breath-taking views. Bedrooms have private facilities including a mini bar, tea and coffee-making facilities, air-conditioning, hairdryer and free Wi-Fi.
- Spectrum Resort
- Royal Safari Camp Bajana
- Hyatt Regency - Ahmedabad
- Located on Ashram Road home to the Sabarmati Ashram and the Sabarmati River, the Hyatt Regency Ahmedabad is in the heart of the business district of Ahmedabad. The luxury five-star hotel is also in close proximity of cultural shopping experiences at CG Road and Law Gardens. Hyatt Regency Ahmedabad King rooms are a rich, modern style with hardwoods and earthy tones. Bedrooms have private facilities along with a delightful view of Ahmedabad or the Sabarmati River, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat screen HDTV, air conditioning & heat control, non- alcoholic mini bar, iron, ironing board and a daily morning newspaper.
- Radisson Blu Dwarka
- Guests of the 5 star Radisson Blu can really look forward to taking advantage of the brilliant facilities and service on offer. The hotel boasts an outdoor pool, a fitness centre, salon and spa. There are three onsite restaurants offering a varied selection of cuisines. The contemporarily styled rooms are furnished with a TV, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities. The private facilities come equipped with a hairdryer and complementary toiletries. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi.
- Tuk tuk ride and market visit in Jodhpur
- Cookery demonstration at the home of a noble family
- Cycling tour of Udaipur