Rockies Winter Wonderland
|Winter is a great time to explore the Canadian Rockies, snowy peaks, frozen waterfalls and sleigh rides are just some of the magical highlights.|
Winter is a great time to explore the Canadian Rockies, snowy peaks, frozen waterfalls and sleigh rides are just some of the magical highlights.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 7 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 7 breakfasts
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Banff National Park tour
- Banff Gondola ride
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride
- Relax in Banff's hot springs
- Jasper National Park tour
- Stay in the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Lake Louise firepit drinks
- Calgary and Olympic sites
- Day 1 UK/Calgary
- Today you'll depart on your scheduled flight to Calgary. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in Banff, reached by a spectacular journey through the snow-capped peaks of the Rocky Mountains. You'll stay here for the next three nights.
- Day 2 Banff
- You've a thrilling morning ahead as you get to explore UNESCO-listed Banff National Park. Nestled in the heart of the Rockies, this incredible wilderness is home to snowy mountains, glistening glaciers and ice-covered lakes. You'll see vast swathes of pine forest, where wolves, elk and deer roam free, so keep your eyes peeled. Other scenic highlights are the Hoodoos of Bow Valley, imposing spires of rock carved by wind and water, and the sensational views at Surprise Corner. You'll then take a ride on the Banff Gondola. This cable car takes you to the top of Sulphur Mountain for unrivalled views of Banff and six scenic mountain ranges. After returning to your hotel, you can spend the rest of the day as you wish. Perhaps you'll decide to take advantage of your hotel's facilities or maybe take a stroll around Banff. There's a great selection of bars and restaurants just a short walk away, where a warm welcome and possibly a roaring fire await.
- Day 3 Banff
- There can be no better way to travel through a snowy landscape than on a horse-drawn sleigh, and that's the plan today. You'll be treated to magnificent views as you listen to the jingle of sleigh bells on this unforgettable journey. Later, you can warm up – and soak up some history – when you visit Banff's natural hot springs. They're located in an historic spa and bathhouse but with lovely modern amenities. As you relax in the soothing hot waters of a mountain spring, you can take in views of snow-covered peaks in every direction.
- Day 4 Jasper
- You can sit back and take in more stunning scenery today as we journey by road to Jasper, a former railroad town. At this time of year its national park is described as a Christmas card come to life, with its snow-dusted evergreens and frozen waterfalls. You'll get to see it for yourself tomorrow. But for now, just relax and enjoy your hotel's facilities, or head into town to one of its many cosy bars or restaurants.
- Day 5 Jasper
- Jasper National Park has been deemed by the World Heritage Committee to be among the most significant sights on earth. Today's the day that you get to explore for yourself and see what all the fuss is about! It is home to abundant wildlife, shimmering glaciers, crystal-clear lakes, thundering waterfalls and evergreen forests. And all this is surrounded by rugged snow-capped mountain peaks. We'll take all these wonderful sights in before you have the opportunity to choose to embark on a thrilling winter adventure. In the company of a Local Guide you'll head off on an icewalk in the Maligne Canyon. As we head to the bottom of this deep gorge, we'll see frozen waterfalls, ice caves and incredible ice formations. You'll also learn about the spectacular landscape of the Maligne Valley and hear tales about the mysterious 'disappearing' Medicine Lake. This evening is yours to do as you please.
- Day 6 Lake Louise
- Today we travel to picture-perfect Lake Louise, said by many to be one of the most beautiful places in Canada. This glacial, jade-green lake is situated high in the mountains surrounded by towering peaks on all sides. Our hotel for the next two nights, the stunning Fairmont Chateau, is situated in an enviable position right next to its shores. Built more than 100 years ago as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists, it has played a part in the colourful history of the Rockies. This evening is yours to enjoy everything this luxury resort has to offer.
- Day 7 Lake Louise
- How you spend today is entirely up to you. You might choose to stay exactly where you are and revel in your hotel's excellent facilities and wonderful surroundings. Another way to spend some time is on an amazing optional excursion which takes you on a snowshoeing tour of Lake Louise. This ancient and efficient mode of transport simply involves wearing specially designed snowshoes which distribute your weight over a larger area. This allows you to walk on the snow with ease, without sinking into it. Tonight is our final evening in Canada and we've a real treat in store. We'll settle down by an outdoor firepit to say our farewells and enjoy a drink together.
- Day 8 Calgary/UK
- We'll transfer you to Calgary today, we will stop by Canada Olympic Park, where the bobsleigh and ski-jump events of the 1988 Winter Olympics were held. And there's time for a short city tour before we take you to the airport for your flight back home.
- Day 9 UK
- You'll arrive in the UK today.
- Mount Royal Hotel
- Perfectly situated downtown in the very heart of Banff and overlooking the mountains, this historic hotel
has been situated here since 1908. The hotel has been completely updated this winter inspired by the history of the hotel and the area.
Warm, relaxed rooms and suites benefit from a desk area, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, kettle and coffee machine, smart TV, hairdryer, safe and iron.
There are four dining options at the hotel including Tony Roma''s restaurant, a guest lounge and Toque Canadian Pub. Additionally the hotel boasts a library, and roof top lounge with outdoor hot tubs.
- Lobstick Lodge
- The Lobstick Lodge in Jasper is a comfortable hotel in a lovely setting, boasting a lovely outdoor patio area.
Hotel facilities include an indoor pool and fitness centre. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV, minifridge, hairdryer and Wi-Fi.
- The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Steeped in history, this iconic hotel has sat on the shores of Lake Louise for over 100 years, surrounded by rugged mountains and the mighty Victoria Glacier. Originally a one-storey log cabin, the hotel has evolved over the years to become a luxurious mountain resort and your holiday includes a two-night stay here.
Hotel facilities include a choice of restaurants and bars, spa and health club featuring indoor heated pool, whirlpool, steam room and fitness centre. The well-appointed guest bedrooms feature en-suite facilities, coffee-maker, kettle, hairdryer and TV.
- Snowshoeing on Lake Louise
- Maligne Canyon Icewalk