New York City Break
- Duration: 5 days
- Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAUNYC
- Travel Type: Air
- Excursions: 3
The Big Apple, The City That Never Sleeps, The Empire State, no matter what you call New York, it is one of the most exciting cities in the world. This short break gives you the chance to see many of its most iconic landmarks, beginning in its beating heart, Times Square. Cast your gaze skywards to the Empire State Building, the world's tallest structure for more than 40 years, and make a poignant visit to the site of the World Trade Center. You'll explore Central Park with a knowledgeable guide and see Manhattan's highlights as you enjoy a lunchtime cruise, sipping a drink as you circle the remarkable Statue of Liberty. This thrilling destination is certain to exceed all your expectations.
Discover all the iconic highlights of the 'city that never sleeps' on this non-stop short break to New York.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with United Airlines
- 3 nights room only in a hotel of a good standard and 1 night in flight
- 1 lunch
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Stay right in the heart of Manhattan
- Tour of New York's iconic sights
- Guided walk through Central Park
- Guided stroll along Fifth Avenue
- See Manhattan from the water on a lunch cruise
- Day 1 UK/New York
- Depart on your flight to New York today. On arrival we'll transfer you to the heart of midtown Manhattan, where you'll stay for the next three nights. Your hotel is close to many attractions, and this evening is free so there's time to explore this fabulous 24-hour city at your own pace.
- Day 2 New York
- Today is the day that you get to see New York's iconic renowned attractions on a sightseeing tour. Your Local Guide will take you past hotspots including the Empire State Building, Wall Street and Broadway. You'll see the One World Trade Center and the Chrysler Building before heading to Chinatown. Last but not least, you'll find yourself in bustling Times Square, one of the most visited places in the world. You can spend tonight as you please. If you'd like to see the bright lights of New York in company, come with us on an optional excursion to the Empire State Building. If you go your own way, a visit to Grand Central Station is highly recommended. This famous destination has featured in many movies and is the largest train station in the world. Admire the stunning ceiling in the central concourse and maybe stop for a drink or a bite to eat – there are loads of restaurants to choose from.
- Day 3 New York
- Your day begins as you take the subway to Central Park, to enjoy a stroll in the company of a knowledgeable Local Guide. You'll hear all about its history, planning and development, and depending on the route we take, highlights could include the Jackie Onassis Reservoir, built to commemorate the first lady, and Strawberry Fields. This section of the park is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon, and here you can sit and enjoy the Imagine mosaic beneath the shade of American elms. The world-famous singer, songwriter and peace activist was murdered outside his apartment in the Dakota building, opposite the park. When we leave the park, you've the chance to do a spot of window shopping on a guided walk along historic Fifth Avenue. This is where you'll find some of the world's most prestigious shopping names including Tiffany & Co, Cartier and Gucci. It's also home to legendary department stores including Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdale's. An afternoon and evening to yourself gives you the chance to explore further or take in a Broadway show.
- Day 4 New York/UK
- You've explored Manhattan by foot, so now it's time to take in the views from the water. Today's excursion is a fabulous Bateaux New York lunch cruise with great food and live piano music. During this two-hour cruise on the Hudson River, you'll see many famous landmarks, including the Empire State Building, Battery Park and One World Trade Center. Pass under the famous bridges of Brooklyn and Williamsburg and circle the incredible Statue of Liberty – this symbol of freedom and democracy is one of the most recognisable landmarks in the world. You'll also see Ellis Island, the gateway to the US for more than 12 million immigrants from 1892 to 1954. Later, we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Day 5 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- New York Marriott East Side
- The New York Marriott East Side is located just 700 yards from the famous Rockefeller Center. The hotel itself has a fitness centre, bar and restaurant, plus free Wi-Fi. Guest rooms benefit from en-suite, TV, tea and coffee maker, hair dryer, air-conditioning and mini fridge.
- New York and the Empire State Building by night
Back to top