Monet & Masterpieces Of The Loire
A must for lovers of art, this French adventure begins in Paris and includes a visit to Claude Monet's house and gardens in beautiful Giverny. Heading south to the Loire Valley, you'll discover Chateau de Chambord and Chateau de Chenonceau before arriving in charming Amboise. Leonardo da Vinci spent the final years of his life here and a visit to his home, Chateau du Clos Lucé, is a fitting way to mark the 500-year anniversary of his death.
A must for lovers of art, this French adventure begins in Paris and takes you to beautiful Giverny, Monet's inspiration, and the Chateau du Clos Lucé, where Leonardo da Vinci spent the final years of his life.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Standard-class return rail travel by Eurostar from St Pancras International or Ebbsfleet International
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- 4 nights' accommodation in 4-star hotels
- 4 breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- All excursions included
- The services of a Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Hotel porterage
- Monet's house and gardens in Giverny
- The Chateau du Chambord
- Discover Chateau Chenonceau and visit Amboise
- Leonardo da Vinci's home, Chateau du Clos Luce
- Day 1 UK/Paris
- Your journey to Paris couldn't be easier. You'll step aboard the Eurostar at either London St Pancras International or Ebbsfleet International and in little more than two hours, will find yourself in the French capital. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel, which is located close to a Metro station, so it's easy to get out and explore the city's attractions. Why not head to the Musée du Louvre. It is open in the evening, and dusk is a great time to visit, it's usually less busy and the area around the museum looks spectacular. Inside, you can admire Leonardo da Vinci's famous portrait 'Mona Lisa', which he is thought to have started painting around 1503.
- Day 2 Giverny & Monet's Garden
- You're going to spend a full day in Giverny, where the artist Claude Monet lived from 1883 until his death in 1926. You'll have plenty of time to explore his house and, one of the highlights of your holiday, his beautiful gardens. Take in the sights he captured on canvas so many times, including the Japanese-style water garden, and wander over the pretty green footbridge. As you admire the water lilies floating below you, Monet's most famous paintings will be brought to life. If you want a great night out, why not join an optional excursion to the Paradis Latin, a renowned Paris cabaret spot. Enjoy an amazing show including the famous French Cancan dance, with three-course dinner and wine included.
- Day 3 Chambord & Blois
- Today we journey southwards through the French countryside to Blois, in the very heart of the Loire Valley. On the way we call at the magnificent Chateau de Chambord, an incredible example of French Renaissance architecture.
- Day 4 Da Vinci & the Loire town of Amboise
- Chateau de Chenonceau, which occupies a unique setting spanning the River Cher, is famed as one of the Loire Valley's most impressive. See if you agree during your visit today. As you explore its formal gardens, which sit at an elevated position, you'll be able to see the chateau in all its glory, plus the surrounding countryside. Your sightseeing continues as we head to the charming town of Amboise, nestled on the banks of the Loire River, and we'll arrive in time to enjoy lunch. Afterwards we'll head to the Chateau du Clos Lucé, where, as the guest of King Francis I of France, the artist, sculptor and inventor Leonardo da Vinci spent the last three years of his life. You'll have the chance to explore the rooms in which he worked and painted, and be sure to wander around the beautiful gardens here. They also display further art, models and civil engineering works inspired by da Vinci, who is perhaps best known for his mural 'The Last Supper' and the portrait 'Mona Lisa'. Before heading back to the hotel, there's time to explore Amboise at your own pace.
- Day 5 Blois/UK
- Today we'll transfer you back to Paris by coach for your onward journey by Eurostar to London St Pancras International or Ebbsfleet International.
- Novotel Paris La Defense
- Hotel Mercure de Blois Centre
- You will stay at the 4-star Mercure Blois Centre, located just a short walk from the old town. The hotel has a bar, restaurant, swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Guest rooms are comfortable furnished and have en suite facilities, flat screen TV plus tea and coffee making facilities.
Paradis Latin Cabaret ShowBack to top