PRICE FROM ? £2169 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Vietnam Airlines and internal flights
- 8 nights in 4-star hotels, 1 night cruise plus 2 nights in flight
- 20 meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Hanoi tour and trishaw ride
- See a traditional water puppet show
- Overnight cruise through Halong Bay
- Cookery demonstration with barbecue dinner
- Walking tour of Hue, a UNESCO-listed city
- Boat trip along the Perfume River
- Stroll through the streets of Hoi An
- Boat trip along Thu Bon River
- Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon
- Visit the amazing Cu Chi Tunnels
- DAY 1 UK/Hanoi
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Hanoi today.
- DAY 2 Hanoi
- On arrival in Vietnam's capital, we'll transfer you to your hotel. A two-night stay will give you plenty of time to get to know the city. Tonight, we'll head to a restaurant for dinner.
- DAY 3 Hanoi
- You've a double helping of Hanoi today, on not one, but two guided tours. Your discoveries start with the One Pillar Pagoda and Ba Dinh Square. Here you'll see the mausoleum where Ho Chi Minh, the president who was known as 'Uncle Ho', lies in state guarded by silent sentries. This afternoon you'll see even more when we take a journey along tree-lined streets resplendent with French colonial architecture, including the recently restored Opera House. We'll pass Hoan Kiem Lake and see the serene Temple of Literature, built back in 1070 and dedicated to Confucius. Our tour ends in the Ancient Quarter, where you can choose to travel like the locals and take a trishaw ride if you wish. You've a traditional experience to look forward to this evening – a water puppet show. After the performance our group, and ours alone will enjoy exclusive backstage access. We'll have dinner together in a restaurant this evening.
- DAY 4 Halong Bay
- The beauty of Halong Bay cannot be underestimated, and after a lovely drive through green paddy fields we'll reach this UNESCO-listed site. You've the option to view the bay on a seaplane flight before heading to your unique overnight accommodation, a replica paddle steamer. We'll cruise through the dramatic limestone peaks that rise from the water and we'll even explore one of the caves, to see bizarrely shaped stalagmites and stalactites. Your evening on board includes a cookery demonstration before dinner, then you might choose to watch a film or relax with a cocktail.
- DAY 5 Hue
- You'll wake up to the beautiful surroundings of Halong Bay this morning, where a light breakfast is followed by the chance to join a tai chi session. The rest of your morning is spent experiencing life in this unique destination, and includes a visit to a pearl farm. We'll get together for brunch on board as we soak up the bay's stunning scenery. Then, after disembarking, we'll make our way to the airport and fly to Hue.
- DAY 6 Hue
- A full day in Hue means you'll get a real flavour of Vietnam's former capital. We'll stroll through the citadel, the ancient seat of royal power, then take the short journey to the Royal Tombs of Tu Duc and Khai. We end the day with a cruise along the Perfume River and see the Thien Mu Pagoda, which towers over its banks.
- DAY 7 Hoi An
- Driving over the Van Pass, possibly the most scenic stretch of coastal road in Vietnam, our journey today takes us south to Hoi An. You'll be enchanted by this ancient riverside town, and a walking tour is a great way to spend the afternoon. Highlights are the Japanese Covered Bridge, a 200-year-old merchant's house and a cruise on the Thu Bon River.
- DAY 8 My Son
- Today you could enjoy some 'me' time at your beachfront hotel, or discover more on an optional trip to the stunning monuments at My Son. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this was once an important religious centre of the Champa Kingdom.
- DAY 9 Ho Chi Minh City
- Our final destination is Ho Chi Minh City, previously known as Saigon. We'll have plenty of time to explore during our two-night stay and will start this afternoon with a tour of the city. Highlights include Notre Dame Cathedral, the famous shopping street formerly known as Rue Catinat, the Presidential Palace and War Remnants Museum.
- DAY 10 Ho Chi Minh City
- You're going to spend this morning discovering the Cu Chi Tunnels. This incredible network of underground passages was first constructed in the late 1940s by the peasant army fighting the French. They were later extended by the Viet Cong rebels, and you'll get the chance to head inside to explore. Later, we'll get together for a farewell dinner.
- DAY 11 Ho Chi Minh City/UK
- It's the final day of your holiday and you've time to discover a little more of Ho Chi Minh City at leisure. This evening we'll transfer you to the airport for your overnight flight to the UK.
- DAY 12 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Sunway Hotel
- The 4-star Sunway Hotel is located close to a host of Hanoi's attractions including its Old Quarter.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, lounge, coffee shop, health club and sauna. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, mini-bar, coffee/tea-maker, safe and hairdryer.
- Emeraude Classic Cruise
- Emeraude cruise ship is a charming vessel incorporating many aspects of comfort and luxury. Facilities on board include a restaurant, sundeck, bar. Cabins have private facilities, air-conditioning and a private shower room.
- EMM Hotel Hue
- Located on Vietnam’s central coast, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Hue is just a 20-minute drive from Phu Bai International Airport. Nestled in the heart of the former imperial capital, ÊMM Hotel Hue is the ideal base to discover Hue’s fascinating history and unique culture with the Perfume River and the Hue Citadel just a few minutes’ walk away.Emm Hotel Hue features 72 room with modern facilities inc tv, air conditioning, coffee & tea making faciltiies, hairdryer. The hotel also have the Yen restaurat
- Victoria Hoi-An Beach Resort & Spa
- Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa is located near the ancient town of Hoi An. Hotel facilities include a bar and restaurant. Bedrooms feature private facilities and air-conditioning.
- Bay Hotel Ho Chi Minh
- A new hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, first opening its doors in 2016. Its located in District 1 near shopping malls, local market and restaurants.
Facilities include a café, rooftop restaurant, pool & gym Rooms are cosy with TV, mini bar, shower and safe.
- Seaplane flight over Halong Bay
- My Son temple ruins