Iceland's Fire And Ice
Iceland Group Tour - Package Holiday to Reykjavik and Beyond
Discover Iceland's jaw-dropping natural wonders and unique landscapes on this adventure beginning in Reykjavik. Take in views of mighty glaciers and thundering waterfalls on a journey along the country's south shore, then take a ferry and stay overnight on the beautiful Westman Islands. You'll see the trio of scenic wonders that make up the Golden Circle and if you wish, there's also the option to bathe in the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon.
Discover jaw-dropping natural wonders and unique landscapes on an adventure to Reykjavik and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Icelandair
- 5 nights in hotels of a good standard
- 8 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Tour of Reykjavik
- Eyjafjalla and Mýrdalsjökull glaciers
- Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls
- The Westman Islands and Heimaey Island
- The Golden Circle
- Geysir and Strokkur geysers
- Light lunch at a geothermal greenhouse
- Day 1 Reykjavik
- After your scheduled flight to Keflavik International Airport, there's just a short onward transfer to Reykjavik. You'll get to see a little more of the city on a sightseeing tour, and this evening we'll head to a restaurant for a welcome dinner.
- Day 2 South Shore
- Start your Icelandic adventure at the Eyjafjalla and Mýrdalsjökull glaciers. You've the chance to walk behind the Seljalandsfoss waterfall, before learning about geothermal energy at an exhibition at the Hellisheiði Power Plant. Next, we take you to the tiny settlement of Skógar and one of Iceland's best folk museums, before arrival at Skógafoss waterfall – one of the country's largest. Our journey then takes us past the Sólheimajökull glacier en route to the black-sand beach of Reynisfjara and the southernmost village in Iceland, Vik.
- Day 3 Westman Islands
- You're going to stay on the Westman Islands tonight, reached by a 30-minute ferry crossing. We'll spend the morning exploring the island of Heimaey, where highlights include the ancient fort of Skansinn and a walk up to the crater of the Eldfell volcanic cone. We'll also head to Elephant Rock, where you'll be left in no doubts as to how it got its name when you see the shape of the rock. Then finally we'll visit Eldheimar, a museum depicting the story of the 1973 volcanic eruption on Heimaey, one of Iceland's biggest natural disasters. How you spend the afternoon is up to you. If you want to explore, we recommend the Aquarium and Natural History Museum, or why not take a cruise around the islands.
- Day 4 Golden Circle
- You're heading back to Iceland's capital today, for a two-night stay. Before arrival, a day of sightseeing takes us around the famous Golden Circle route and starts at the mighty Gullfoss, or Golden Waterfall. The next wonders of nature you'll view are the Geysir and and Strokkur geysers at Haukadalur hot springs. Later, we'll learn how it's possible to grow crops in Iceland's cold climate at Fridheimar, a geothermal greenhouse, where we'll take a break for lunch. Another delicious treat here is a drink of schnapps, which is served in a tomato! Your day ends in UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, where you'll get to walk along the Great Atlantic Rift. This is where two plates of the earth's crust are slowly pulling Iceland apart.
- Day 5 Reykjavik
- Today is free for you to explore more of Reykjavik at your own pace. If you want to learn about Iceland's history and heritage, we recommend a trip to the National Museum. Alternatively, you could take in panoramic views of the city from the 73-metre-high tower at Hallgímskirkja church. If you'd rather join an organised trip, there's two fabulous opportunities today. This morning there's an optional visit to the incredible Blue Lagoon - Iceland's famous geothermal spa - where you can relax in the warm mineral-rich waters. Then later this afternoon, you will have the chance to join an optional whale-watching excursion.
- Day 6 Reykjavik/UK
- Today we will transfer you to the airport for your flight home.Please note the itinerary for 2020 will differ slightly from the one shown here as the Reykjavic city tour will take place on the morning of day 2.
- Fosshotel Rauoara
- Stracta Hotel South Shore
- Hotel Vestmannaeyjar
- Fosshotel Lind
- 77 standard rooms Restaurant and bar Free WiFi Elevator Specially designed rooms available We know you will enjoy your vacation after a good night''s sleep and we at Fosshotel Lind are confident you will sleep like a baby in our beds. . In all our rooms you will find: Shower / WC / WiFi / TV / Safety box / Telephone / Coffee and tea facility In the reception, you will find an iron and an ironing board along with a shoe cleaning brush - on request basis
- The Blue Lagoon
- Whale-watching from Reykjavik's Old Harbour