Grand Tour Of Canada & The Rocky Mountaineer
|All the highlights from our Grand Tour of Canada, plus a ride on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer train.|
All the highlights from our Grand Tour of Canada, plus a ride on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer train.
PRICE FROM ? £3999 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 15 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 5 meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- DAY 1 UK/Montreal
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Montreal today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay.
- DAY 2 Quebec City
- Make your own discoveries on a free day in Montreal, or come with us on an optional excursion to Quebec City. The only walled city in North America stands on the St Lawrence River and is filled with highlights. Among the sites you'll see are the cathedral, Château Frontenac, the Basilica, the star-shaped Citadelle and the historic Plains of Abraham battle site. You can also view the Laurentian Hills and Mont St-Anne from the Dufferin Terrace, which sits 200ft above the river.
- DAY 3 Montreal & Ottawa
- This morning you will have a guided tour of Montreal, in the French-speaking province of Quebec. Canada's second city boasts a wealth of 17th century buildings, beautiful gardens, bustling street markets, fine restaurants and open-air cafés, with the splendid Notre Dame Cathedral its most iconic sight. In 2017, Canada marks its 150th birthday, with the celebrations focussed on its capital, Ottawa, where you head next for a tour and overnight stay. Highlights include the National War Memorial, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Chateau Laurier hotel, the Rideau Canal and ByWard Market. Spend the evening at leisure in this delightful, walkable city.
- DAY 4 Kingston & Toronto
- En route to Toronto, where a three-night stay has been arranged, you'll stop at the historic university town of Kingston. Spend free time in Canada's first capital city, which is also the gateway to the beautiful 1000 islands. You might choose to join an optional lunch cruise around this picturesque archipelago afloat in the St Lawrence River.
- DAY 5 Toronto
- Canada's premier city, Toronto is a bustling metropolis. The skyline is dominated by the 1,815ft CN Tower – the views from the top are simply incredible. Enjoy a short tour of the city this morning before an afternoon at leisure.
- DAY 6 Niagara Falls
- Today you'll head to Niagara Falls, with a stop en route at Niagara-on-the-Lake. Often referred to as Ontario's loveliest town, it is located in the heart of the winemaking region on the shores of Lake Ontario. Now it's time to discover Niagara Falls, one of the greatest sights in the New World. You might choose to enjoy the 'Journey Behind the Falls' attraction, or perhaps view the thundering waters on a boat tour.
- DAY 7 Banff
- Today you'll fly to Calgary and transfer by road to Banff, where you'll stay for three nights. We include a short orientation tour on arrival.
- DAY 8 Banff
- Snow-capped mountains, glacial lakes, sparkling streams and vast swathes of pine forests are just a few of the attractions on offer in Banff National Park. The wildlife is no less impressive, look out for black and grizzly bears, wolves, elk, deer, squirrels and more, and in the skies, keep your eyes peeled for eagles and other birds of prey. Many optional excursions are available in Banff, from a cable-car ride up Sulphur Mountain to a helicopter ride over the Rockies.
- DAY 9 Lake Louise
- Lake Louise, with its jade-green waters surrounded by snow-capped mountains, has often been described as the most beautiful place in Canada, if not the world. You can see why the early pioneers of the railway built Chateau Lake Louise on its shores. A visit to the lake offers a host of photo opportunities.
- DAY 10 Rocky Mountaineer
- Today we include a real highlight of your holiday – a journey aboard the world-renowned Rocky Mountaineer train. Step aboard in Banff for the trip of a lifetime along the First Passage to the West. Formerly known as the Kicking Horse Route, you'll journey through jaw-dropping landscapes. You'll stay overnight in Kamloops.
- DAY 11 Rocky Mountaineer
- Re-board the train this morning to continue your magnificent journey, travelling along the Thompson River and through the dramatic canyons of the Fraser River. You'll leave the train in Vancouver, where you'll stay for three nights.
- DAY 12 Vancouver
- On a tour of Vancouver you'll see Stanley Park, Chinatown and the historic Gastown district. Stanley Park is one of the world's biggest and best urban parks. Whilst its outer edges are beautifully manicured, its heart is a wilderness that's home to a wonderful array of wildlife. Lunch today is an exciting event as we explore Granville Island's Public Market on a foodie tour.
- DAY 13 Vancouver
- Enjoy a day at leisure to discover more of Vancouver. Alternatively, join an optional half-day excursion to the city's North Shore.
- DAY 14 Victoria
- This morning you'll catch the ferry to Victoria on Vancouver Island. The capital of British Colombia, Victoria is often said to resemble an old English town, with its narrow streets and grand buildings. A tour of the city uncovers some of its highlights. This afternoon head to Butchart Gardens, considered to be one of the most spectacular floral show gardens in the world. In fact Victoria's green spaces are so refined, the city is often referred to as the "City of Gardens".
- DAY 15 Victoria
- During a day at leisure why not join an optional whalewatching excursion, which offers the chance to see orca whales in their natural environment.
- DAY 16 Vancouver/UK
- Return to Vancouver on the mainland by ferry this morning. You'll then head to the airport for your flight home.
- DAY 17 UK
- You'll arrive in the UK today.
- Le Nouvel Hotel
- Capital Hill Hotel & Suites
- Capital Hill Hotel & Suites is located in the heart of downtown Ottawa in the midst of the city’s business and tourist district. Hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, 24-hour access to the fitness room and café. Bedroom facilities include coffee-making facilities, hairdryer and private facilities.
- Chelsea Hotel
- The Eaton Chelsea Hotel Toronto is conveniently located within easy walking distance of many of the city''s attractions.
Hotel facilities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a health club, rooftop terrace and indoor pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, coffee/tea-maker, iron and hairdryer.
- Mount Royal Hotel
- Perfectly situated downtown in the very heart of Banff and overlooking the mountains, this historic hotel
has been situated here since 1908. The hotel has been completely updated this winter inspired by the history of the hotel and the area.
Warm, relaxed rooms and suites benefit from a desk area, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, kettle and coffee machine, smart TV, hairdryer, safe and iron.
There are four dining options at the hotel including Tony Roma''s restaurant, a guest lounge and Toque Canadian Pub. Additionally the hotel boasts a library, and roof top lounge with outdoor hot tubs.
- Kamloops Hotel
- Your hotel in Kamloops this evening is arranged by Rocky Mountaineer and will be advised when you board the train.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown
- A 7-minute walk from shopping on Robson Street, this modern hotel is also a 10-minute walk from the Hornby Street Aquabus, which offers direct access to Granville Island. Hotel rooms come with flat-screen TVs and desks, plus minifridges and coffeemakers. The facility also offers a casual restaurant/lounge, an indoor heated pool and a 24-hour exercise room, plus a spa.
- Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel
- The 4-star Best Western Carlton Plaza is situated in downtown Victoria.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant and a gym. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, hairdryer, complimentary Wi-Fi, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- Quebec City
- Cruise the 1000 Islands from Kingston
- A helicopter ride over the Rockies
Back to top