French Riviera By Air
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAFFRC
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 3
Soak up the sun, the glitz and the glamour of the Côte d'Azur's most chic resorts from your base in Cannes, known for its long sandy beaches, designer boutiques and yacht-lined harbour. Discover the highlights of the city before heading to Nice for sweeping views from Mont Boron and to discover the Regina Palace Hotel and an ancient Roman theatre. Your glamorous getaway continues with an excursion to the tiny sovereign state of Monaco, which boasts luxurious hotels, exclusive restaurants and the highest number of millionaires per square metre. Discover the district of Monte Carlo, renowned for its casino, exquisite gardens and grand harbour filled with expensive yachts. As your tour draws to a close, embark on a final excursion to delightful St Raphael with its old quarter and lovely promenade, and St Tropez, one of the most beautiful resorts in France.
Soak up the sun, the glitz and glamour of the Côte d'Azur's most chic resorts from your base in Cannes.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 7 breakfasts and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Discover the highlights of Cannes
- Visit the chic city of Nice
- Enjoy the sweet flavours of candied fruit and crystallised flowers at a Confiserie in Nice
- Explore Monaco and Monte Carlo
- Tours of St Raphael and St Tropez
- Day 1 UK – Cannes
- Depart on your journey to Cannes today. You'll fly to Nice and transfer to Cannes by coach. Your hotel is located just a short walk from La Croisette, the palm tree-lined boulevard which runs along the seafront.
- Day 2 Cannes & Nice
- Cannes is known for its long sandy beaches, designer boutiques, glamorous yachts and the renowned annual film festival. Today's included excursion will introduce you to Cannes' highlights before continuing to the chic city of Nice, where we'll drive up Mont Boron for fantastic sweeping views.
We'll also spend some time in the Cimiez district. Queen Victoria was once a regular at the Regina Palace Hotel here, and her statue still stands at the entrance to the district. Other attractions include an ancient Roman theatre.
During our time in Nice, we'll also tour a sweet shop to discover how candied fruit and crystallised flowers are made, before tasting a few samples and perhaps purchasing some to take home.
- Day 3 Cannes - at Leisure
- Spend today at leisure, or join your Tour Manager on a full-day optional excursion to St-Paul-de-Vence, a charming hilltop fortified village, and Antibes, perhaps the most exclusive resort on the Côte d'Azur.
- Day 4 Monaco & Monte Carlo
- Join our included excursion to the tiny sovereign state of Monaco today. Ruled by the Grimaldi family for more than seven centuries, it boasts luxurious hotels, exclusive restaurants and the highest number of millionaires per square metre than any other country in the world!
You'll also discover the district of Monte Carlo, which is the sophisticated playground of the rich and famous. It's renowned for its famous casino, exquisite gardens, opulent boutiques and a grand harbour filled with expensive yachts.
- Day 5 Cannes - at Leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend how you wish. You might want to laze on the beach, browse the designer boutiques or take a ferry to the Iles de Lerins. These two tiny traffic-free islands in the bay are crisscrossed by a network of well-marked walking trails, where you can discover hidden coves, tidal pools and unspoilt beaches. On Île Ste-Marguerite you could discover the 17th century Fort Royal, which served as a holding cell for prisoners including the mysterious 'Man in the Iron Mask'. And if you decide to head to Île St-Honorat you'll see a Cistercian abbey whose 20 or so monks tend the island's vineyards and also cultivate lavender and honey. There's no ferry between the two, so you'll have to return to the mainland in order to visit both.
If you like to snorkel, you'll find the waters around the islands are teeming with life, including many protected species.
- Day 6 Cannes - at Leisure
- If you'd like to venture further afield,why not join today's optional excursion which will take you over the Italian border to San Remo. Known as the 'Town of Flowers', this lovely resort boasts exquisite gardens and parks, and you'll visit its Old Town, La Pigna and Hanbury Gardens.
- Day 7 St Raphael & St Tropez
- Today we include a tour of the delightful resorts of St Raphael and St Tropez. Discover St Raphael's old quarter and take a stroll along its lovely promenade. Then in St Tropez, one of the most beautiful resorts in the south of France, maybe enjoy an ice cream or a drink as you admire the chic marina, or head to its atmospheric Old Town.
- Day 8 Cannes - UK
- Today you'll transfer to the airport for your journey back to the UK.
- Hotel Eden
- Hotel Eden is located in the heart of Cannes, in the main shopping street and only 150 yards from the famous La Croisette beaches. Facilities include a spa with indoor pool and a restaurant.
- Visit St-Paul-de-Vence and Antibes
- Head over the Italian border to San Remo