- Duration: 15 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRALPRU
- Travel Type: Air
- 3 star hotel
- Excursions: 8
This intriguing country is like nowhere you've been before, where Incan ruins, lost civilisations and intoxicating landscapes are king. Peru is like a continent in miniature. Take in its jaw‑dropping diversity – from icy Andean peaks and volcanostudded scenery, to the ‘City of Kings’ and the cloud-topping citadel of Machu Picchu. Add a stay in the rainforest to experience even more.
This intriguing country is like nowhere you've been before, where Incan ruins, lost civilisations and intoxicating landscapes are king.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Avianca and internal flights
- 12 nights in 3 and 4-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 18 meals: 13 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 1 dinner
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Tour of Lima
- The Pachacamac Temple in the valley of Lurin
- Cruise the Ballestas Islands
- See the famous Nazca Lines
- Visit the 'White City' of Arequipa
- See the spectacular Colca Canyon
- Guided tour of the Sillustani ruins
- Lake Titicaca and the floating islands
- Tour of Cuzco
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- DAY 1 UK/Lima via Bogotá
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Lima via Bogotá . You'll arrive on the morning of day 2, when we'll transfer you to your overnight hotel. If you are travelling on a regional flight, you'll arrive late in the evening of day 1, and we'll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay
- DAY 2 Lima
- You'll get to see the highlights of Lima today on a tour of the city. While its colonial past is clearly evident in its beautiful squares, fine churches, palaces and mansions, you'll also see the architectural legacy of the Incans and native Indians.
- DAY 3 Paracas
- Start your day with a journey by road to Paracas along the Pan American Highway, which cuts through a barren desert landscape. We'll stop at the site of the ancient Pachacamac Temple where we'll be transported back to pre-Incan times as we explore. The ruins consist ofadobe walls and pyramids and you'll also see the remains of early frescoes. Tonight we will stay in Chincha.
- DAY 4 Nazca
- We're taking to the water today for a fascinating cruise around the Ballestas Islands. This protected wildlife reserve provides shelter for many different species. On your cruise, keep a lookout for Humboldt penguins, sea lions and more. Later we'll travel to Nazca for an overnight stay.
- DAY 5 Arequipa
- Sit back, relax and take in lovely coastal views as you journey to Arequipa, our base for the next two nights.
- DAY 6 Arequipa
- You'll understand why Arequipa is known as the White City after today's tour. It is loomed over by ice-capped volcanoes and as you explore you'll see many buildings made from white volcanic rock. We'll also head inside the Museum of Andean Sanctuaries to see archaeological finds from the Andes, and the Santa Catalina Convent, a masterpiece of colonial architecture.You can choose to spend the afternoon just as you wish.
- DAY 7 Chivay
- After setting off early this morning, a scenic drives takes us to the Colca Canyon, whose steep walls are deeper than the Grand Canyon. This is one of the best places in South America to spot the Andean condor, a magnificent bird of prey, so keep your eyes skyward. We'll stay in Chivay overnight.
- DAY 8 Puno
- Our next base is Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca. We'll drive here today and on the way stop off at the remote burial site at Sillustani, where the religious rituals of the pre-Inca Colla people will be explained.
- DAY 9 Puno
- You're going to enjoy superb close-up views of sacred Lake Titicaca and the Uros floating islands this morning. The lake sits 12,500ft up in the Andes and covers a huge area of 3,500 miles. Spend the afternoon in Puno exploring at your own pace.
- DAY 10 Cuzco
- Four nights in Cuzco will give you plenty of time to explore. Your journey here is going to be a wonderful experience too as you cross the high plateau of the Andes taking in views of traditional rural life.
- DAY 11 Cuzco
- There's plenty to see in Cuzco, so let's head off to explore. We're going to start at a school in the Choco rural community which is supported by the Travelsphere Cares project, before heading to the Koricancha Temple. This ancient Inca palace was the centre of worship of the Sun God. In Cuzco's main square you'll step inside the cathedral, and your tour ends with a visit to the Sacsayhuamán fortress, an impressive example of Inca military architecture.
- DAY 12 Machu Picchu
- You've seen many of Peru's incredible sights so far on your tour, but today offers something really special. You're going to get the chance to explore the ruined 'lost city' of Machu Picchu, perched high above a steep valley and swathed in jungle. Your journey here is by narrow gauge railway, with the last part by bus. A walk with a Local Guide on the mountain top and time to go your own way will help you to uncover its splendour. You'll be able to wander through the temples and terraces and enjoy spectacular views into the lush green Urubamba Valley thousands of feet below.
- DAY 13 Cuzco
- If you'd like to explore Cuzco further, today is free for you to do just that. However, if you'd like to join an optional excursion, why not come with us to the Sacred Valley. First, experience the colour and tradition of Pisac's Indian market, where you can barter for rugs, alpaca-wool sweaters and other native handicrafts. After an included lunch, we'll continue to Ollantaytambo. Originally a fortress settlement, this is one of the few places where the Spanish colonists were defeated by the Incas. As you explore you'll see a town which largely follows its original Inca plan, and a number of Inca ruins can still be seen.
- DAY 14 Cuzco
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight to the UK via Lima and Bogotá .
- DAY 15 UK via Bogotá
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Jose Antonio Lima Hotel
- The 4-star Jose Antonio Hotel is located in the heart of Miraflores, close to downtown Lima. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and gift shop. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, TV and hairdryer.
- San Agustin Paracas
- Located in front of the Pacific ocean, the San Agustin Paracas is the only hotel in the Paracas Bay where all rooms boast an ocean view. Room facilities include a private bathroom, 32 inch TV and safety deposit box.
- Casa Andina Standard - Nazca
- The 3-star Hotel Casa Andina is located just a short walk from the main square in Nazca.
Hotel facilities include a buffet breakfast and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe and a TV.
- Casa Andina Standard Arequipa
- Located within a lovely area of Arequipa, close to the Plaza San Francisco, the recently restored Casa Andina Classic acts as an excellent base to explore the ''White City'' of Arequipa. Hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi in public areas and a 24-hour front desk.
- Casa Andina Standard Colca
- The 3-star Hotel Casa Andina is located in the Colca Valley.
Hotel facilities include a buffet breakfast. Bedrooms have private facilities, safe and a TV.
- Hotel Jose Antonio Puno
- The Jose Antonio Puno is positioned in front of the incredible Lake Titicaca, 10 minutes from the centre of Puno. The restaurant''s bar overlooks the lake – an ideal spot for a Pisco sour!
- Jose Antonio
- The 4-star Jose Antonio is located in the heart of the archaeological centre of Cusco. Hotel facilities include a restuarant and a bar. Bedrooms have private facilities, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe and a TV.
Tour of Sacred Valley and OllantaytamboBack to top