Dubrovnik And The Highlights Of Montenegro
Enjoy Croatia’s famous walled city, Dubrovnik, and the beautiful bays and medieval towns of Montenegro. Your discoveries begin in Dubrovnik, where a city tour introduces you to the imposing city walls, the Franciscan Monastery and its historic pharmacy, and the Rector’s Palace, now a museum. Enjoy a cruise to the lovely beaches of the Elafiti Islands, and step ashore in Šipan for a lunch of typical Dalmatian cuisine before cruising onto Lopud for a walk to the hilltop Franciscan Monastery. You also head along the Croatian coast to Montenegro, stopping at the medieval town of Kotor along the way, before getting to know Montenegro on a tour that includes a drive on the slopes of Mount Lovcen to Njegusi village to indulge in some cheese and wine, and a visit to Cetinje, the Old Royal Capital. Your tour finishes in Budva, where there’s free time to make your own discoveries.
Enjoy Croatia's famous walled city, Dubrovnik, and the beautiful bays and medieval towns of Montenegro.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in 4-star hotels
- 12 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners including a welcome drink and farewell dinner
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Tour of Dubrovnik’s Old Town
- Elafiti Islands cruise with lunch
- Explore the medieval city of Kotor
- Discover Becici and Budva
- Visit Njegusi village and Cetinje, the Old Royal capital of Montenegro
- Day 1 UK - Dubrovnik
- You'll fly to Dubrovnik today. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel, which is perfectly located just a short walk from the city's Old Town and a stretch of pebbly beach.
- Day 2 Dubrovnik
- Today's sightseeing starts with a guided walking tour through Dubrovnik's maze of narrow streets. We'll take in views from the imposing city walls and see the Franciscan Monastery and its historic pharmacy. Other highlights are the former Rector's Palace, which is now a museum, and the 17th century cathedral, which houses many treasures. There's so much to see in Dubrovnik, so exploring further at your own pace is highly recommended this afternoon. You might choose to take a journey by cable car from the Old Town to the peak of Mount Srd, for fantastic views. You could head to the nearby beach or if you're a fan of Game of Thrones, why not join our optional excursion to the Old Town. Many scenes from the popular TV series were filmed here, and we'll show you all the highlights, making you feel like an extra from the show.
- Day 3 Elafiti Islands Cruise
- A fantastic day out is included today – a cruise to the lovely beaches of the Elafiti Islands, which are backed by lush pine forests. You'll step ashore on Šipan, the largest of these unspoilt gems, where Renaissance villas built by Dubrovnik's wealthiest families as summer retreats enhance the landscape. This is a great setting for our lunch of typical Dalmatian cuisine, which includes some delicious fresh seafood. Next, we're going to set sail for Lopud, where a walk to the hilltop Franciscan Monastery will reward us with gorgeous views over the islands. We'll also step inside, where we can view a fine collection of altar paintings. Before an included dinner at the hotel this evening, why not head into town for a glass or two of Croatian wine. You'll be spoilt for choice by the selection of bars tucked away in the narrow alleyways and along the picturesque harbour.
- Day 4 Dubrovnik - Budva
- We're on the road this morning, travelling along the Croatian coast to the beautiful bays of Montenegro and the medieval city of Kotor. Here you can explore the Old Town's tiny alleys, which are overshadowed by towering cliffs and the high walls of ancient stone houses. You'll also have time to head to one of the squares where you can sit with a cool drink and enjoy splendid views of the Boka Mountains. As we journey further south to Becici, enjoy more stunning scenery of clear lakes and dramatic mountain peaks. Your hotel is located in Budva, situated on the main promenade and close to the Old Town and Marina, so why not enjoy a stroll this evening.
- Day 5 Montenegro
- You'll get to know Montenegro on today's included tour, which starts with a drive along the curvy road on the slopes of Mount Lovcen to Njegusi village. We'll make a stop at a restaurant to sample some cheese and wine and then head to Cetinje, the Old Royal capital of Montenegro. Highlights here include the Old Town and the Monastery of Cetinje, and you'll also have some free time to simply enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. On the way back to Becici, we will pause to take in views of Budva's Riviera and the seaside resort islet of Sveti Stefan.
- Day 6 Budva - at Leisure
- How you spend today is up to you. You might choose to relax at your hotel, which boasts an inviting indoor swimming pool, and is just steps away from a delightful pebble beach. Alternatively, come with us on an optional cruise on Lake Skadar, where you will discover picturesque islands and bays which are home to an abundance of wildlife. You can swim in the refreshing waters, relax on idyllic lakeside beaches and enjoy a lunch of freshly caught fish on this great day out.
- Day 7 Budva - at Leisure
- You can relax and do your own thing today, whether that's soaking up the sun on the beach or heading back into Becici to shop for souvenirs. However, if you're keen to make more discoveries, our optional tour of Grblje, an eco village, is sure to tempt you. Here you'll meet the Erzegovic family who will welcome you with a glass of local brandy then show you round their farm, where they grow organic vegetables. After your tour, a light lunch will give you the chance to sample their fresh-from-the-earth flavour. Tonight, you're invited to a restaurant for a special farewell dinner with local specialities on the menu.
- Day 8 Dubrovnik - UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport in Dubrovnik for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Lero
- The 3-star Hotel Lero is located in the centre of Dubrovnik and a scenic 20 minute walk from the old town. Hotel facilities include a bar, restaurant and wellness centre. Bedrooms have private facilities, TV, telephone, mini-bar and hairdryer.
- Hotel Bracera
- Hotel Bracera is a contemporarily styled property that is located in Budva. Here, there are a variety of excellent facilities available for guests to enjoy. These amenities include a restaurant, a sauna and an indoor swimming pool. Rooms are air-conditioned and come furnished with private facilities and a TV. There is also free WIFI available at the hotel.
- A scenic cruise on Lake Skadar
- Game of Thrones tour of Dubrovnik
- Visit to an eco village and farm