Enjoy the best of both worlds as you unravel the history of the laid-back island of Malta amongst its chic harbour towns and ancient villages, and relax in the picturesque resort of St Paul’s Bay, where the beach is just steps away.
Unravel centuries of history and soak up the sun in a picturesque beach resort. Malta offers the very best of both worlds.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Services of a Local Representative and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Welcome drink
- Valletta tour and saluting battery at Barrakka Gardens
- The Malta Experience 5D film experience
- Walking tour of the Three Cities, plus harbour cruise
- Folklore evening with music and dancing
- DAY 1 UK/St Paul’s Bay
- You'll depart on your flight to Malta today, where you'll be met by your Local Representative and transferred to your hotel in picturesque St Paul's Bay. On arrival you'll be greeted with a welcome drink as you take in spectacular views across the bay. Your hotel faces a private beach, and there's time for a stroll before dinner this evening.
- DAY 2 Valletta
- After breakfast, you'll get to know Malta's capital, Valetta, on a half-day tour. Your first stop is The Malta Experience, where an audio-visual show tells the story of the island's 7,000-year history. Moving seats, water sprays and air blasts come together to give you a truly unique experience. Next you'll head to the Barrakka Gardens, which are laid out on part of the city's old fortifications and offer magnificent views of the famous Grand Harbour. From this viewpoint, watch the saluting battery, when eight replica cannons are fired. You'll also have time today to visit St Paul's Church, whose interior dates from the 16th century and houses many historic treasures including a gilded statue of Saint Paul and a vessel said to hold fragments of his wrist bone.
- DAY 3 Mdina and Mosta Village
- You can enjoy a lazy day, or head to Mdina on an optional excursion. Heading to the west of the island, your first stop will be Mosta Village and its church, which was modelled on Rome's Pantheon. The church became famous during the Second World War when a bomb crashed through its dome, but miraculously failed to explode. Step inside to see the damaged tiles and a replica of the 200kg bomb. Your tour continues to Ta'Qali craft village, where you can watch the art of glass-blowing. You'll also have time to shop for souvenirs before we reach Mdina, where you can stroll through the narrow streets to St Paul's Cathedral. After an included lunch, you'll explore St Paul's Grotto and San Anton Gardens.
- DAY 4 Gozo
- Today you've the chance to explore Malta's sister island, Gozo, on an optional tour. This day out begins with a short ferry crossing, and highlights include its capital Victoria with its fortified Citadel and the clifftop church of Ta'Pinu. You're also going to visit a traditional market and explore the fascinating Ggantija Temples, which date back to about 3600BC.
- DAY 5 St Paul’s Bay
- The excellent facilities at your hotel, including a choice of swimming pools, a spa and tennis courts will keep you entertained on this free day. However, the resort of St Paul's Bay is a great place to explore, and your hotel is also right on the beach.
- DAY 6 Marsaxlokk and Blue Grotto
- You've another chance to simply relax at your hotel today but if you'd like to see more of Malta, come with us on an optional trip. We're heading to the picturesque fishing town of Marsaxlokk, where lunch with inviting sea views is one highlight. After a stroll, we'll head to the Blue Grotto caves, a stunning natural wonder surrounded by azure waters. You'll have plenty of free time here to take in the lovely views, or you can choose to take an optional cruise into the caves themselves.
- DAY 7 Three Cities and harbour cruise
- A full day of exploration starts with a walking tour of Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea. Collectively known as the Three Cities, they were built and fortified by the Knights of Malta and their narrow streets are home to historic buildings and churches. At Vittoriosa's waterfront you’ll see the former Palace of the General of the Galleys and the Order of St John's Treasury. Then in Senglea you can enjoy spectacular views from the lookout situated in the centre of the Grand Harbour. Later, we’ll head off on a relaxing cruise around Valletta’s famous harbour. We’ll step ashore in Sliema, where you’ll have time for shopping before we return to the hotel. This evening we’re going to get together for a farewell dinner at the hotel with traditional food and music.
- DAY 8 St Paul's Bay/UK
- Today we’ll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Dolmen Resort Hotel
- The 4-star Dolmen Resort is located right on the beach in St Paul’s Bay. The hotel’s public areas were recently renovated, and facilities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a café, five pools, a spa and casino.
- Visit Mdina and Mosta Village with lunch
- Discover Malta's sister island, Gozo, with lunch
- Marsaxlokk and the Blue Grotto with lunch