Discover Lyon And The Festival Of Lights By Eurostar
- Duration: 4 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAXFLF
- Travel Type: Eurostar
Can't decide between the city and the countryside? Combining a visit to vibrant Lyon during the spectacular Festival of Lights, with a trip to the picturesque Alpine town of Annecy, this tour has everything from shopping and food, to fresh air and mountain scenery.
Can't decide between the city and the countryside? This tour to France, combining vibrant Lyon during the spectacular Festival of Lights with the pretty Alpine town of Annecy, is the perfect mix of culture, food, fresh air and mountain scenery.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return standard-class return rail travel by Eurostar and TGV from St Pancras International via Lille
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel
- All breakfasts: 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage at your hotel
- Explore Lyon including the UNESCO-listed Old Town on a guided walking tour
- Enjoy dinner in a traditional Lyonnaise brasserie
- Experience Lyon during the spectacular Festival of Lights
- Admire the Alpine scenery and enjoy the festive spirit of Annecy
- Day 1 UK - Lyon
- Today you will make your own way to London St Pancras International where you'll board the Eurostar for Lille. From Lille, you'll take the high-speed TGV to Lyon, where you'll be transferred to your hotel in Presqu'île. This is a vibrant and attractive part of the city known for its cafés, restaurants and shops. Lyon is a dream city for foodies and tonight you will head out for dinner in a traditional brasserie.
- Day 2 Lyon
- In the morning you will get to know Lyon on a walking tour. You'll explore the Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with many beautiful historic buildings. Lyon is a great city for culture lovers with many excellent museums and has fantastic shopping too. You'll have free time in the afternoon to explore further. Treat yourself to a glass of local wine in one of the city's many wine bars or try some of the local food specialities. As evening falls, prepare for the main event; stroll through the city and take in the magical Festival of Lights where light installations by visual artists illuminate architecture, trees and even rivers; some of which are beautifully synchronised to classical music. Unique to Lyon, this annual festival takes place at the start of December and is said to be one of the largest arts festivals of its kind in the world. In an expression of gratitude towards Mary mother of Jesus, the people of Lyon also light up their homes inside and out creating a truly magical effect all around.
- Day 3 Annecy
- Today you will leave city life behind and head into the mountains to Annecy, a town located on the banks of Annecy Lake, which is said to be the cleanest lake in Europe. Known as the Venice of the Alps, Annecy is a pretty town with canals, cafés and many beautiful 16th and 17th century buildings. You'll have some free time to explore the town, which will be full of festive cheer with a Christmas market, twinkling Christmas lights and an ice-skating rink. Afterwards you'll return to Lyon for your final evening in the city.
- Day 4 Lyon - UK
- After breakfast, you will board the high-speed TGV train to Lille from where you will take the Eurostar back to London.
- Day 5 Title
- 4* Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache
- Your hotel is housed in an original Art Nouveau building in the centre of Lyon''s Presqu''île area, in the heart of the city. Facilities include a restaurant and lounge bar. Guest rooms have private facilities, wi-fi, TV, tea/coffee-making facilities, mineral water, hairdryer and a safe.