Danube Cruise, Munich & Christmas Markets
Sample the Christmas markets of Munich, Vienna and Linz, and so much more. You'll cruise through Austria's scenic Wachau Valley, see some of Europe's most elegant architecture on a tour of Vienna, and enjoy the facilities on board our bright and stylish ship.
Sample the Christmas markets of Munich, Vienna and Linz, and so much more, including two days in the elegant city of Vienna, and a cruise through the picturesque scenery of the Wachau Valley.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 2 nights in a 4-star hotel and 4 nights on board 4-star ship A-ROSA DONNA
- 14 meals: 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners, all drinks (excluding Champagne and selected wines) and welcome reception
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Cruise Representative
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Free use of the onboard facilities including sauna and fitness room
- Munich city tour
- Sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley
- Sightseeing tour of Vienna
- Tour of Linz on the 'Linz City Express' sightseeing train
- Sample delicious Linzer Torte
- Onboard entertainment
- Day 1 UK – Munich
- Today you will fly to Munich. This afternoon is at leisure, you may choose to visit Munich's Christmas market, where you can shop for handmade goods, and enjoy a mug of Glühwein and food from around the world. In the evening, join your fellow travellers for an evening meal.
- Day 2 Munich
- Today you will enjoy a full-day tour of Munich, including a visit to the Marienplatz, the central square, and the city's historic buildings. You'll also have time to explore Munich on your own, so why not see some priceless masterpieces in one of the many art museums? And don't forget to do the thing the city is most famous for – visit a Biergarten.
- Day 3 Munich – Engelhartszell
- Today you will travel to Engelhartszell in Austria. Here you'll board your ship, the A-ROSA DONNA, and prepare for your cruise along the iconic River Danube which begins tomorrow.
- Day 4 Engelhartszell – Wachau Valley – Vienna
- Relax on board the ship as you cruise through the picturesque Wachau Valley. Enjoy views of churches, pastel-painted houses and hilltop castles. In the afternoon, you'll arrive in Vienna. This top European city has splendid architecture as well as a rich artistic and cultural heritage. You'll be driven along the Ringstrasse, a street full of elegant buildings including the Hofburg Palace, State Opera House and Parliament. You will continue through the city taking in many other landmarks including St Charles's Church and the Viennese Music Association, home of the Vienna Philharmonic. After a look at the ornate exterior of St Stephen's Cathedral which you will visit on foot, you'll be taken back to the ship.
- Day 5 Vienna - at Leisure
- There's no chance of being bored as you have the whole day to explore Vienna at your own pace. We recommend experiencing the city's famous café culture at one of the many traditional coffee houses. Get into the festive spirit at the Christmas market, or trace the history of the Hapsburgs around the city. You're in the musical capital of the world, so why not enjoy a classical concert? Just remember to be back on board for our night sail to Linz.
- Day 6 Linz
- Today we will wake up in Upper Austria before arriving in the city of Linz. After a leisurely morning , we will spend the afternoon exploring the old town and it's baroque buildings as we board the "Linz City Express" - a small sightseeing train which takes you on a comfortable ride to explore the traces of the past. Enjoy the ride along the Main Square, past the various sights and to the New Cathedral while listening to information about the city. After the city tour, the train will take you back to the ship.
- Day 7 Engelhartszell – UK
- You will wake up in Engelhartszell this morning where you will disembark the ship before travelling back to Munich for the return flight to the UK.
- Eurostars Book Hotel
- Located in the centre of Munich, facilities at this innovative hotel include a restaurant, bar, gym and sauna. Spacious and bright literary-themed guest rooms have en suite facilities flat-screen TV, mini-bar and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- A-ROSA DONNA
- Facilities on board the A-ROSA Donna include a health and beauty centre with solarium, sauna, steam room and fitness area, lounge, bar, café bar, and a sun deck with putting green, shuffleboard, chess and a small swimming pool.
All cabins are outside and feature en suite facilities, a panoramic window or French balcony, TV, telephone, safe and hairdryer.
- A range of optional excursions will be available on board