Cruising The Winelands Of France 2019
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Full Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAKBOA
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
Sail the Garonne and Gironde Rivers on a relaxing cruise which gives you the chance to sample fine wines and admire impressive architecture. The Médoc region is renowned for its elegant and famous reds including Châteaux Laffitte-Rothschild, and you'll head to a vineyard for a tour and a tasting. Blaye is also noted for its red wines, as well as an equally impressive citadel and the scenic Corniche road which runs alongside the Dordogne. Discover medieval St Émilion and the walled town of Cadillac, where you can step ashore to visit an impressive fortified castle. Round off your cruise with a tour of UNESCO-listed Bordeaux and the chance to discover the beauty of Arcachon Bay.
Sample some of France's finest wines as you sail the Garonne and Gironde Rivers, and step ashore in charming towns to admire impressive architecture and picturesque scenery.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights all inclusive on board 4-star premium ship MS Cyrano de Bergerac
- 20 meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners and all drinks (excluding Champagne and selected wines)
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Captain's welcome cocktail reception
- Farewell gala dinner
- Onboard evening entertainment
- Visit the Médoc, a region renowned for its fine red wines (Or, Cycle through the Médoc vineyards with included tasting of wine and cheese)
- Journey along the scenic Corniche road
- Exclusive to Travelsphere, included tour of the UNESCO-listed Blaye Citadel (Or Discover the city's underground passages)
- Discover the architectural gems of charming St Émilion
- Explore Château de Roquetailladeand historic Cadillac (or Walking tour of the Cadillac foothills & vineyards)
- Guided tour of Bordeaux – a region renowned for its wines (or Guided cycling tour including Wine Museum visit)
- Discover the beauty of Arcachon Bay
- Day 1 UK/Bordeaux
- After your flight to Bordeaux, we'll transfer you to your ship early this evening. Before dinner on board you're invited to a welcome cocktail reception, where you'll meet the captain and crew.
- Day 2 Pauillac
- Take in the views as we cruise the Garonne and Gironde Rivers to the city of Pauillac. In the afternoon we're going to visit Médoc, a region famed for its elegant red wines. You'll see famous names such as Châteaux Laffitte-Rothschild, Latour and Mouton Rothschild, and of course a wine-tasting is included. If you have chosen our alternative excursions package, you'll discover the region's vineyards and chateaux by bicycle, and end your tour with a glass of fine wine and a tasting of local cheeses. We'll then return to the ship to enjoy a relaxed evening of entertainment.
- Day 3 Blaye
- Your morning is spent on board the ship cruising the Gironde to its estuary and on to Blaye. The region is noted for its Côtes de Blaye red wines, made in nearby vineyards, and its impressive citadel. Ashore we're going to head off on a tour along the Corniche road, a narrow and picturesque route which runs alongside the Dordogne and offers scenic views. You'll also explore Blaye's citadel and its fortifications on an exclusive guided tour. For a more in-depth view of Blaye you could discover the city's underground passages, once used by soldiers, and enjoy a glass of wine accompanied by local delicacies.
- Day 4 Libourne
- After breakfast we cruise along the Dordogne River, a tributary of the Gironde that rises in the Massif du Sancy in the Auvergne. At this point, the Dordogne Valley is marked by a series of major dams, including the impressive Barrage de l'Aigle, which is surrounded by a steep wooded valley. On arrival at Libourne, we're going to step ashore to visit the beautiful medieval village of St Émilion, renowned for its production of full-bodied red wines. Back on board the ship, your entertainment this evening is provided by the crew.
- Day 5 Cadillac
- Today we cruise the Gironde River, and the Garonne River, which rises in the Pyrenees. Our port of call today is the walled town of Cadillac, whose vineyards produce sweet white wines from Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle grapes. Once ashore we're going to make our way to the impressive Château de Roquetaillade. The ramparts, towers and dungeons of this imposing fortified castle date back to the Middle Ages, and it has been inhabited by the same family for more than 700 years. As an alternative you can stroll through the city before hiking up the vineyard trails to take in beautiful views. The perfect end to this tour is a tasting of local delicacies and wines. Back on board the ship enjoy a relaxed evening we set sail for Bordeaux.
- Day 6 Bordeaux
- Your port of call today is Bordeaux, one of the world's most famous wine regions. The city is UNESCO-listed and together we'll discover its many architectural highlights on an included tour. Another great way to explore is by bicycle, and our alternative excursion gives you the chance to do just this, passing all the main highlights. A stop is made at the Wine Museum, which is spread over 10 floors and features interactive displays, before we head back to the ship.
- Day 7 Bordeaux
- As we sail into the heart of Arcachon Bay, you'll discover a stunning natural landscape peppered with oyster-fishing villages and sandy beaches. We'll step ashore in one of its picturesque ports for a stroll and an included lunch. Today we also offer a thrilling optional excursion, the chance to take a helicopter ride over the Médoc, to enjoy a bird's eye view of the many châteaux and famous vineyards here. There's a treat in store tonight in the shape of a special farewell gala dinner on board the ship hosted by the captain and crew.
- Day 8 Bordeaux/UK
- Enjoy breakfast on board before disembarking the ship. We'll then transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- MS Cyrano de Bergerac
- MS Cyrano de Bergarac is a 3 deck boat, it features full air-conditioning throughout the vessel and in all cabins. Other facilities include; lounge with dance floor and bar, bar with TV, video and terrace, restaurant, large sun deck with loungers, shop and lift.
Take a thrilling helicopter ride over the Médoc for a bird's eye view of its châteaux and vineyardsBack to top