Croatia's Opatija Riviera
Discover medieval towns, Roman ruins and relax on unspoilt beaches when you embark on this Opatija Riviera tour. Stay on Opatija’s seven-mile coastal promenade known as the Lungomare, and from here, head out on a variety of excursions starting with a tour of the area, a chance to see a chocolate-making demonstration and enjoy a tasting, and a visit to the looming Trsat Castle. Explore the Istrain Peninsula, where highlights include the impressive Roman amphitheatre at Pula, a visit to a winery for a light lunch and wine-tasting, and a tour of medieval Rovinj, a delightful resort with a charming old town. You’ll also journey along the Lungomare to the picturesque town of Lovran with its Baroque architecture, and to Moscenice, a medieval fortified town overlooking the coast. There’s also an optional excursion to the stunning Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage that’s site well worth a visit.
Discover Medieval towns, Roman ruins and relax on unspoilt beaches - this Croatian holiday gives you it all.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 13 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Opatija tour with chocolate-tasting
- Riejka walking tour and Trsat Castle
- Family winery with tastings and snacks
- Istrian Peninsula tour and Pula Amphitheatre
- Picturesque towns of Lovran and Moscenice
- Day 1 UK - Zagreb
- Today you'll fly to Zagreb Airport and transfer to the sophisticated resort of Opatija, on Kvarner Bay, your base for the next seven nights. Your hotel is beautifully located on Opatija's seven-mile coastal promenade known as the Lungomare.
- Day 2 Opatija & Rijeka
- Join your Tour Manager for a walking tour of Opatija today. The resort boasts splendid Austro-Hungarian architecture as well as beautiful gardens and a lovely coastal promenade. During your tour you'll also see a chocolate-making demonstration and enjoy a tasting. This afternoon you'll visit the capital of Istria, Rijeka, where during a walking tour you'll see Trsat Castle, which looms over the city from its hilltop position. You've time to make your own discoveries before heading back to the hotel.
- Day 3 Istrian Peninsula
- You'll see more of the Istrian Peninsula on today's full-day included excursion. Visit the town of Pula and step inside the impressive Roman amphitheatre, which would have once hosted gladiatorial battles.
Next we'll head to a family-run winery set in a beautiful location on a hillside. Here we'll take a tour of the cellars before tasting three types of white wine and a red, which we'll enjoy with a light lunch of cheese, prosciutto, bread and olive oil.We then move on to medieval Rovinj, a delightful resort with a charming old town and a colourful harbour. Tonight, the hotel is hosting a Mediterranean-themed dinner in the restaurant.
- Day 4 Lovran & Moscenice
- On our included excursion this morning you'll journey along the Lungomare to the picturesque town of Lovran, where a stroll around its town square will reveal Baroque architecture and the 14th century Church of St George. Next you'll head to Moscenice. Overlooking the coast, this medieval fortified town falls steeply towards the sea and boasts narrow streets dotted with ancient churches and elegant villas. This afternoon is free for you to relax at leisure in your resort. Tonight, why not head out for a stroll on Opatija's promenade and find a restaurant for dinner.
- Day 5 Opatija - at Leisure
- Croatia's Plitvice National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site where 16 lakes spill into each other, forming impressive cascading waterfalls. Today's optional excursion includes a boat trip across Lake Kozjak, the largest in the park, and there will be free time to take lunch and enjoy the glorious scenery.
- Day 6 Opatija - at Leisure
- Spend today at leisure or join our optional excursion to neighbouring Slovenia. You'll visit the Postonja Caves, carved by the Pivka River and filled with incredible stalactites and stalagmites. Your tour then moves on to Predjama Castle, which has perched precariously on a cliff for the past 700 years.
- Day 7 Opatija - at Leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend at leisure. Perhaps spend some time relaxing in the wellness centre and spa at your hotel or take a dip in the large indoor swimming pool. Alternatively, why not join our optional excursion to the small town of Kastav, which stands on a hill overlooking Opatija. Fortified with a medieval wall and nine towers, it is a delight to explore on foot, especially as we head along its shady forest trail. Tonight, we'll enjoy a special farewell dinner at the hotel.
- Day 8 Zagreb - UK
- Today you'll transfer to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Admiral
- UNESCO-listed Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Slovenia's Postojna Caves and Predjama Castle
- Walking tour of Kastav and its forest trail