Croatia Uncovered By Land And Sea
Discover Croatia's medieval cities, including its capital Zagreb, Zadar and its Roman forum and historic Dubrovnik. You'll also discover the natural wonders of Plitvice Lakes National Park before you embark on a cruise around its islands and coastal towns on an exclusively chartered cruise ship.
Discover Croatia's medieval cities then explore its islands and coastal towns on an exclusively chartered cruise ship.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 3 nights in 4-star hotels
- 7 nights on board Premium Superior MV Moonlight or Deluxe MV Katarina
- 20 meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
- A glass of wine or beer with meals on board
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Discover Croatia's capital city, Zagreb
- Plitvice Lakes, with Lake Kozjak cruise
- Explore the marble streets of Zadar
- Enjoy a Captain's Dinner on board
- Taste local wines and sample home-made olive oil on board your ship
- Explore Dubrovnik, with cable car ride
- Discover UNESCO-listed Split
- Enjoy a farewell Dinner on board
- Day 1 UK/Zagreb
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Zagreb today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel close to the centre of the city.
- Day 2 Plitvice Lakes
- You'll get to soak up the wonders of nature at the UNESCO-listed Plitvice Lakes National Park today. Situated in a valley between forested mountainsides, these 16 lakes spill into each other forming cascading waterfalls. You'll enjoy a cruise across the largest, Lake Kozjak, and take a stroll amongst this stunning scenery. On arrival in medieval Zadar later, we'll see the Sea Organ and the Sun Salutation, terrific art installations which harness the power of nature.
- Day 3 Zadar
- You'll see plenty of Zadar on a sightseeing tour this morning. Discover the famous fish market and pass through the mighty city walls, which feature magnificent gates built in the 16th century. Other highlights will be the Roman forum and the 9th century church of St Donatus. You can then spend this afternoon exploring further at your own pace.
- Day 4 Brac Island
- You've made discoveries on dry land, and now it's time to take to the water on a relaxing 7-night cruise. We'll head to Split where we'll join our ship, once we've settled in we'll get together for a welcome reception and lunch. The captain then sets sail for Brac, where we stop at the charming fishing village of Sumartin or Milna. This evening, enjoy a tasting of Croatian wines on board and a welcome cocktail before dinner is served.
- Day 5 Korcula
- For a small country, Croatia produces a huge amount of olives, and the families of your captain and crew grow them in their home village. As we cruise to Korcula we'll learn all about the process of making olive oil and enjoy a tasting. We'll arrive after lunch, so we'll step ashore and stretch our legs. The island is the reputed birthplace of the famous adventurer Marco Polo and it boasts atmospheric streets watched over by the majestic St Mark's Cathedral. You can join us on an optional walking tour or you can make your own discoveries during free time, before heading back to the ship. This evening if you'd like to try some Dalmatian specialities, join our optional guided walking tour of the village of Zrnovo which includes a dinner of local delicacies.
- Day 6 Dubrovnik
- Today we sail to Dubrovnik, where you will have plenty of time to explore this amazing city and learn about its colourful history. Take a stroll through the beautiful Old Town, where local people chat outside their homes and the narrow streets are lined with cafés, shops and restaurants. You could choose to walk around the magnificent city walls and take in stunning views of the Old Town and Adriatic Sea. If you'd like to see the city from a different perspective, why not take to the water and kayak beneath the city walls on our exciting optional excursion. There are lots of wonderful places to eat in Dubrovnik and the fresh local seafood comes highly recommended. This evening is yours to explore what's on offer in the city's restaurants and to have dinner wherever you fancy.
- Day 7 Dubrovnik
- You're going to visit one of Croatia's most stunning cities today, Dubrovnik. Soak up its beauty on a guided tour of the Old Town and a cable-car ride up Srd Hill, which offers amazing views. There's so much to see here, so during a free afternoon perhaps stroll along the famous Stradun to the former Rector's Palace, now a museum. Or visit the Franciscan Monastery, which houses the oldest pharmacy in Europe. Back on board the ship tonight a special Captain's Dinner gives you a great excuse to dress up.
- Day 8 Mljet
- After lunch on board, we'll arrive at one of the most attractive of the Adriatic islands, Mljet. Why not join us in an optional excursion exploring its impressive national park, which is a beautiful combination of saltwater lakes and dense forest. Architectural highlights include a Franciscan monastery and a charming church.
- Day 9 Hvar
- You'll want to be on deck as the ship approaches Hvar – the views are absolutely stunning. Step ashore in the main town, also called Hvar, for an optional walking tour. Next, we head to the tranquil island of Solta, stepping ashore in Stomorska. This fishing village is famed for its fleet of ancient wooden ships originally used to transport the island's wine and olive oil to the mainland.
- Days 10 & 11 Split
- Our final port of call is Split, the second-largest city in Croatia. Together we'll explore during a guided walking tour, with the Diocletian's Palace a stunning highlight. One of the world's most impressive Roman monuments, the palace houses an assortment of restaurants, bars and shops within its ancient walls. We'll visit a market selling fresh produce, and then you can spend the rest of the afternoon exploring at your own pace. Back on the ship, there's a lovely farewell evening planned .
- Days 12 - 11 Split/UK
- After disembarking the ship this morning, we'll transfer you to Split airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Dubrovnik
- The 4-star Hotel Dubrovnik is situated in a prime location in Zagreb.
Hotel facilities include a restuarant and a bar. Bedrooms have private facilities, mini-bar, hairdryer, complimentary wi-fi, safe, air-conditioning and a TV.
- Pinija Hotel
- The 4-star Hotel has a really great position near the peaceful beach. It’s also close to cultural Zadar, a great destination to visit during your time here. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, café, indoor pool and outdoor pool (typically open May-Sept). Bedrooms have private facilities.
- MV Katarina
- Guided walking tour of Korcula
- Traditional Croatian meal in Zrnovo village
- Kayaking around the walls of Dubrovnik
- Mljet National Park
- Walking tour of Hvar
Back to top