PRICE FROM ? £1449 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 7 nights on board MV Moonlight
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
- A glass of wine or beer with meals on board MV Moonlight
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Enjoy a Captain's Dinner on board
- Taste local wines and sample home-made olive oil on board your ship
- Take in Korcula's highlights
- Collect oysters with a fisherman, plus lunch
- Discover Ston's stone walls
- Explore Dubrovnik, with cable car ride
- Entrance to Mljet National Park
- Discover UNESCO-listed Split
- Enjoy a farewell 'Heritage Dinner'
- Day 1 UK/Spilt
- Depart on your flight to Split today. On arrival, you'll transfer to the harbour where your ship, MV Moonlight and its crew are waiting to greet you. Gather with your fellow passengers to enjoy a welcome 'Moonlight' cocktail, followed by a delicious evening meal on board. The ship will be docked in Spilt overnight.
- DAY 2 Korcula
- For a small country, Croatia produces a huge amount of olives, and the families of your captain and crew grow them in their home village. As we cruise to Korcula we'll learn all about the process of making olive oil and enjoy a tasting. We'll arrive after lunch, so we'll step ashore and stretch our legs on a walking tour. The island is the reputed birthplace of the famous adventurer Marco Polo and it boasts atmospheric streets watched over by the majestic St Mark's Cathedral. You can make your own discoveries during free time, before heading back to the ship. This evening if you'd like to try some Dalmatian specialities, join our optional guided walking tour of the village of Zrnovo which includes a dinner of local delicacies.
- Day 3 Ston
- From the coastal town of Slano we're going to take the short journey by road to Ston. Set in a shallow bay, this medieval fortress town boasts a rich history dating back to the 14th century. It is also known for its oyster farms, and we're going to head out on a boat with a local fisherman to harvest some ourselves. Next, we will get to try some of these delicacies for lunch with a glass or two of Croatian wine, of course. After lunch, you'll see the second-longest stone wall in Europe on a guided tour of Ston. We'll then transfer to Dubrovnik, where we'll re-board the ship in time for dinner.
- DAY 4 Dubrovnik
- You're going to visit one of Croatia's most stunning cities today, Dubrovnik. Soak up its beauty on a guided tour of the Old Town and a cable-car ride up Srd Hill, which offers amazing views. There's so much to see here, so during a free afternoon perhaps stroll along the famous Stradun to the former Rector's Palace, now a museum. Or visit the Franciscan Monastery, which houses the oldest pharmacy in Europe. Back on board the ship tonight a special Captain's Dinner gives you a great excuse to dress up.
- DAY 5 Mljet
- After lunch on board, we'll arrive at one of the most attractive of the Adriatic islands, Mljet. We'll head ashore to explore its impressive national park, which is a beautiful combination of saltwater lakes and dense forest. Architectural highlights include a Franciscan monastery and a charming church.
- DAY 6 Hvar
- You'll want to be on deck as the ship approaches Hvar – the views are absolutely stunning. During a guided tour of the main town, which is also called Hvar, a highlight is its striking Renaissance cathedral. Next, we head to the tranquil island of Solta, stepping ashore in Stomorska. This fishing village is famed for its fleet of ancient wooden ships originally used to transport the island's wine and olive oil to the mainland.
- DAY 7 Split
- Our final port of call is Split, the second-largest city in Croatia. Together we'll explore during a guided walking tour, with the Diocletian's Palace a stunning highlight. One of the world's most impressive Roman monuments, the palace houses an assortment of restaurants, bars and shops within its ancient walls. We'll visit a market selling fresh produce, and then you can spend the rest of the afternoon exploring at your own pace. Back on the ship, there's a lovely farewell evening planned – a 'Croatian Heritage' dinner with live entertainment. Local specialities include 'soparnik' – a savoury pie – and a stewed beef dish called 'pašticada'.
- DAY 8 Split/UK
- After disembarking the ship this morning, we'll transfer you to Split airport for your flight back to the UK.
- MV Moonlight
- Newly built in 2016, the comfortable and stylish MV Moonlight is exclusively chartered for Travelsphere guests and has six crew members on board. There is plenty of space to relax, with a great range of facilities including a lounge, salon, sundeck and bar. In your well-appointed cabin you’ll find en suite facilities, air-conditioning and a safe.
Traditional Croatian meal in Zrnovo villageBack to top