Christmas On The Sorrento Coast
Your base for this festive holiday is the lovely town of Vico Equense, on the Sorrento Peninsula. From here you can take in exceptional views of the Bay of Naples and the dramatic peak of Mount Vesuvius. Included excursions take you to the ruined city of Pompeii for a fascinating guided tour and the lively resort of Sorrento. On Christmas Day you'll enjoy a traditional festive lunch before experiencing Salerno's magical Luci D'Artista, a fabulous display of art. Spend Boxing Day in Naples, where you'll discover the famous Nativity scenes of San Gregorio Armeno, and you can choose to take a scenic tour of the stunning Amalfi Coast and the picturesque clifftop town of Ravello.
Magical sights come thick and fast on this festive tour of the Sorrento Coast. The ruins of Pompeii, Salerno's wonderful Luci D'Artista lights display and Naples' famous Nativity scenes are just three highlights.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
5 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
11 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch, 5 dinners
Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
Overseas transfers and other transportation
Tour of Pompeii and Sorrento
Experience the magical lights in Salerno
Naples and San Gregorio Armeno, famous for its Nativity scenes
- Day 1 UK/Naples
- After your flight to Naples, we'll transfer you to the pretty town of Vico Equense, on the Sorrento Peninsula. Your hotel here offers fantastic views over the Bay of Naples towards Mount Vesuvius.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Pompeii & Sorrento
- Today you'll visit the exceptional archaeological site of Pompeii, which we'll reach by train. This infamous Roman town was frozen in time by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, when it was buried by hot ash. You're going to explore in great company, as a Local Guide leads you through its maze of streets. As you stroll you'll get a fascinating insight into the last days of the people who lived here. You'll see villas still decorated with brightly painted mosaics, Roman baths and even bakeries that still have their bread ovens and flour grinders intact. After your visit and time for refreshments, we'll once again board a train, this time headed for the lively resort of Sorrento. During free time here you can take in breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery, enter one of the resort's fascinating museums or take a seat at a pavement café. The main square, Piazza Tasso, is the place to head if you want to watch the locals as they finish their Christmas shopping. You could pick up some last-minute gifts yourself - handmade leather goods and the famous limoncello liqueur are specialities here.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Salerno
- It's Christmas Day, so enjoy a leisurely morning before enjoying a traditional festive lunch at the hotel. Later, we'll make our way to Salerno. A walking tour will introduce us to the city's historic centre, its atmospheric Christmas market and the magical Luci D'Artista, or artists' lights. This spectacular display of art, which usually follows four themes, fills the streets, piazzas and gardens and is an enchanting sight.
- Day 4 Boxing Day Naples
- This morning you'll journey by road to the beautiful city of Naples for what is sure to be a memorable visit. The first stop will be at the National Archaeological Museum, where exhibits from ancient sites including Pompeii, Herculaneum and Capua are on display. After some free time for refreshments, we'll then head off on a walking tour of the city's medieval centre, where a host of impressive churches are amongst the architectural highlights. We'll then head to San Gregorio Armeno - Naples is famous for its Nativity scenes, and this street is lined with shops selling hand-crafted cribs and figurines, some even boasting the faces of well-known celebrities! On the way back to the hotel we'll stop atop Posillipo Hill to take in stunning views across the Bay of Naples and beyond.
- Day 5 Amalfi Coast & Ravello
- You can spend today at leisure or perhaps you'll choose to join our optional excursion. First we'll drive along the scenic coastline to the picturesque town of Amalfi, which is beautifully situated between the mountains and the sea. Its impressive Romanesque cathedral is said to hold the remains of St Andrew, so maybe ascend the flight of steps and take a peek inside. Our tour then continues to the cliff-top town of Ravello, which is perched high above Amalfi and offers spectacular views. There's free time to look around Ravello at your own pace and maybe take in the wonderful gardens of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo. Back at the hotel, dinner this evening is followed by traditional festive singing and some delicious Christmas pastries.
- Day 6 Naples/UK
- We will transfer you to the airport today for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Aequa
- The Aequa Hotel is in the heart of the little cliff-top town of Vico Equense and enjoys wonderful views over the Bay of Naples towards Vesuvius. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning and a TV. Please note: Outdoor pools are typically open between May and September.
Discover the scenic Amalfi Coast and cliff-top RavelloBack to top