Christmas On The Lisbon Coast
- Duration: 7 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAXPLISC
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
Spend a wonderful Christmas on the Lisbon Coast and discover more of the region from your seaside resort base. Explore the medieval town of Óbidos, which is one of Portugal's most picturesque, discover the monumental Baroque National Palace at Mafra and the delightful beaches at Ericeira. UNESCO-listed Sintra is renowned for its architecture and the Portuguese capital, Lisbon, is home to an amazing array of historic sites linked to the country's pioneering maritime heritage. All of this and more is waiting on this festive get-away.
Fairytale towns, sumptuous palaces and seafaring cities are highlights of this festive holiday on the Lisbon Coast, and they are all the more magical at Christmas.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with TAP Portugal
- 6 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 12 meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners including a festive Portuguese dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- One live music evening
- Visit the medieval town of Óbidos
- Marvel at the splendour of Mafra's National Palace and visit the seaside resort of Ericeira
- Discover UNESCO-listed Sintra
- Explore Lisbon, the Portuguese capital
- Day 1 UK/Cascais
- Depart on your flight to Lisbon today. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel in the Portuguese seaside resort of Cascais. Once a sleepy fishing village, this stylish seaside resort boasts fine beaches, picturesque parks and gardens and a charming Old Town. The main street, Rua Direita, is the place to shop for local handicrafts, and the Paula Rego Museum showcases works by this renowned Portuguese artist. Once you've settled into your room, why not head out to explore before you return to the hotel this evening for dinner.
- Day 2 Óbidos
- Today you'll visit the hilltop town of Óbidos on an included excursion. Considered one of the most picturesque in Portugal and specially decorated for the festive period, it's a delight to explore on foot. Its walled historic centre is a labyrinth of cobblestone streets and whitewashed houses sporting terracotta roofs, while the main street is lined with traditional shops selling crafts, chocolate and cherry liqueur.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve Mafra & Ericeira
- You'll head off this morning to the Baroque National Palace at Mafra. When work began on this monumental complex in 1717, no expense was spared with approximately 45,000 men working on the palace, basilica and monastery. During your visit a highlight will be the magnificent library, decorated with marble and exotic wood and containing around 35,000 volumes. Next you'll head to Ericeira, renowned for its sandstone cliffs, ocean views and lovely beaches. This traditional village also boasts a delightful centre, which will be adorned with festive decorations. You'll be back at your hotel in time to get ready for a special Christmas Eve dinner of Portuguese specialities.
- Day 4 Christmas Day Cascais
- It's Christmas Day, so you can spend the day doing just as you please. Relax at your hotel or maybe take a stroll along the Cascais Marina. This evening you will be served a festive Portuguese dinner at your hotel.
- Day 5 Boxing Day Sintra & Cabo de Roca
- Your included excursion today takes you to Sintra, which has been UNESCO-listed for its Romantic architecture. Located at the foot of a mountain, surrounded by forest and dotted with extravagant villas and palaces, it looks like a fairytale land. You will visit the former summer residence of the kings of Portugal, noted for its beautiful ceramic tiles and painted ceilings, before continuing to the dramatic surroundings of Cabo da Roca lighthouse, the most westerly point of continental Europe.
- Day 6 Lisbon
- You'll get out and about again today as you explore Portugal's lively capital, Lisbon, which is renowned for its spectacular Christmas lights illuminating its avenues and squares. You will take in the Moorish quarter and the Belém Tower – the city's icon and a monument to Portugal's Age of Discovery. Entrance to the Maritime Museum, which tells the story of Portugal's pioneering role in exploring the world by sea, is also included. One of the oldest items you'll see here is a figure of the Archangel Raphael that journeyed with Vasco da Gama on his expedition to India.
- Day 7 Cascais/UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Vila Gale Ericeira
- The 4 star Hotel Vila Gale is located in Ericeira, close to the beach and offers exceptional panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre and spa. Guest rooms feature private facilities, complementarity WIFI , TV , mini-bar , safe and hairdryer.