Christmas On The Italian Riviera
Christmas Italian Riviera Holiday
With its mild climate and scenic highlights, the Italian Riviera is the perfect destination for a fabulous festive getaway. You'll step back in time to discover the ancient village of Dolceacqua, explore Sanremo and be wowed by the glitz and glamour of Monte Carlo. Your hotel in Alassio has its own private beach, and you'll celebrate in style with a candlit dinner on Christmas Eve and a traditional Christmas Day dinner, with turkey and all trimmings.
With its mild climate and scenic highlights, the Italian Riviera is the perfect destination for a fabulous festive getaway.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 5 nights half board in a 3-star hotel
- 10 meals: 5 breakfasts, 5 dinners including traditional Christmas Day dinner with live music
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Welcome and farewell drinks
- Audio Guide
- Visit Dolceacqua and Sanremo and enjoy a wine-tasting in Isolabona
- Candlelit Christmas Eve dinner
- Discover glamorous Monaco and Monte Carlo
- Day 1 UK/Alassio
- After flying to Nice, we'll transfer you to Alassio, a seaside resort on the beautiful Italian Riviera. Your hotel boasts an enviable position right on the seafront and we'll enjoy a welcome drink together this evening.
- Day 2 CHRISTMAS EVE Dolceacqua & Sanremo
- After breakfast we'll make our way to the ancient village of Dolceacqua. A river divides it into two districts which are connected by a pretty bridge, and you'll have some free time to look around and admire the 15th century castle perched on top of a hill. We then move on to Isolabona for a wine-tasting and we'll round off our sightseeing in stylish Sanremo. Its Old Town is full of narrow streets and alleyways and the casino here was built in 1905. Back at the hotel, a candlelit dinner will be served this evening.
- Day 3 CHRISTMAS DAY Alassio
- It's Christmas Day, so why not relax and enjoy a leisurely day at the hotel, or maybe go for a stroll along the beach. This evening there will be live music as we sit down to enjoy a traditional Christmas Day dinner with turkey and all the trimmings.
- Day 4 BOXING DAY Monaco & Monte Carlo
- After breakfast, we're going to make our way to Monte Carlo in nearby Monaco. Oozing glitz and glamour, Monte Carlo occupies a stunning spot between the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea, and the lavish Casino di Monte Carlo is one of Europe's finest examples of belle époque architecture. Enjoy some time to soak up the atmosphere and make your own discoveries.
- Day 5 Portofino & Santa Margherita
- You've a free day to do just as you please today, or if you want to continue exploring, there's an optional cruise to Portofino. What used to be a tiny fishing port is today the Italian Riviera's most exclusive resort offering designer boutiques and a fine selection of cafés and bars. You'll also visit the picturesque seaside resort of Santa Margherita, which is home to a lovely palm-fringed harbour.
- Day 6 Alassio/UK
- After breakfast we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Eden
- 3** Hotel Eden in Alassio is a charming liberty style hotel. Today, as in the past, you are fashinated by its splendid position direct on the sea, in the old fisherman borought. Its well-lighted bedrooms have decorated high ceilings and are equipped with TV, minibar and safe.
- Scenic cruise to Portofino and visit Santa Margherita