Christmas In Switzerland
- Duration: 6 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAXSIF
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
The snowy climes of the Swiss Alps are surely one of the most Christmassy places on the planet – and medieval Lucerne is the ideal base for exploring them.
Lucerne is the ideal base from which to explore the snowy Swiss Alps - one of the most Christmassy places on Earth.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 5 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 12 meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners including four-course dinners on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and welcome drink
- All highlights included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Walking tour of Lucerne with a Local Guide
- Excursion to Mount Pilatus
- Treat yourself with four-course Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners
- Mount Rigi with lunch and cruise on Lake Lucerne
- Sample the local dish of Alpenmagronen at Mount Rigi
- Mount Titlis with lunch and horse-drawn carriage ride in Engelberg
- Day 1 UK – Lucerne
- Today you'll fly to Zurich, then continue on a scenic journey to Lucerne. On arrival, we'll check into our hotel, which sits close to the dazzling Lake Lucerne, and is just minutes from the station.
Get to know your fellow travellers over a welcome drink then spend the rest of the day as you choose. We recommend a walk around the beautiful medieval town.
In the evening, we'll get together for dinner in the hotel's excellent restaurant.
- Day 2 Lucerne & Mount Pilatus
- After breakfast, we'll set off on a walking tour of Lucerne. Surrounded by snowy mountain peaks, this historic lake city is impossibly beautiful. Marvel at the medieval buildings and take in famous sights like the Chapel Bridge, with its pretty red roof.
Next, we'll travel by bus to the city of Kriens and then take a gondola and cable car to the summit of Mount Pilatus. Spend your free time at the top enjoying the dramatic Alpine vistas and charming mountain lodge. We'll then return to the hotel where dinner will be served this evening.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve Mount Rigi
- Take to the water this morning with a cruise across Lake Lucerne to charming Vitznau. Next, we'll ascend Mount Rigi by train. You'll soon see why this regal massif is known as the Queen of the Mountains! Enjoy plenty of time to take in the gorgeous scenery, before stopping for some lunch. Be sure to try the local dish of alpenmagronen. Made with potatoes, pasta, cheese and apple sauce, it's the perfect meal for refuelling.
In the afternoon, we'll journey back to Lucerne, passing through Arth-Goldau on the way. Back at the hotel, Christmas Eve will be marked with a special four-course festive dinner.
- Day 4 Christmas Day Mount Titlis & Engelberg
- You can be sure of a white Christmas this year! The day begins with a train trip to Engelberg, close to the Mount Titlis cable car. Climb aboard for an epic aerial adventure passing over dramatic snowy landscapes and peaks such as Klein Titlis. We'll stop for lunch at the Titlis Panorama Restaurant, which truly lives up to its name. After riding the cable car back down to Engelberg, relax with a horse-drawn carriage ride around this enchanting village.
Tonight we'll celebrate together with a four-course Christmas dinner at the hotel.
- Day 5 Boxing Day Lucerne – at Leisure
- After a Christmas Day filled with excitement, the focus today is on total relaxation. After breakfast, you're free to do just as you please. You might want to head out to browse the shops, walk along the banks of the lake or just chill out at the hotel. In the evening we'll enjoy dinner at the hotel.
- Day 6 Lucerne – UK
- After breakfast, we'll take you to Zurich for your flight back to the UK.
- Radisson Blu Lucerne
- Your modern hotel is nicely appointed on Lake Lucerne, only a short stroll from the Old Town. Facilities include a restaurant, lobby bar, fitness centre, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Spacious rooms have private facilities, tea/coffee-making facilities, wi-fi and hairdryer.