Christmas In Santa Margherita
As you spend Christmas on the beautiful Italian Riviera you'll explore the chic resorts of Rapallo and Portofino and discover the delightful cliff-top villages known as the Cinque Terre. A sightseeing tour of Genoa, with its UNESCO-listed palaces, and a festive Christmas lunch in your elegant hotel are two more highlights. You can also opt to admire the world-famous Leaning Tower of Pisa and the medieval walled city of Lucca on a fascinating optional day out.
As you spend Christmas on the beautiful Italian Riviera you'll explore chic resorts and delightful cliff-top villages.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 6 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 13 meals: 6 breakfasts, Christmas Day lunch, 6 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Visit the beautiful Italian Riviera resorts of Rapallo and Portofino
- Tour of the historical port city of Genoa and its UNESCO-listed palaces
- Explore the stunning Cinque Terre
- Enjoy a stroll in Santa Margherita Ligure on Christmas Day
- Day 1 UK/Santa Margherita Ligure
- Depart on your flight to Pisa today. On arrival we will transfer you to your elegant hotel in Santa Margherita Ligure, a beautiful seaside resort and fishing town on the Italian Riviera.
- Day 2 Rapallo & Portofino
- You can look forward to a day of exploration in lovely surroundings, as you enjoy an included excursion today. Your discoveries begin in the beautiful riviera town of Rapallo, which boasts a small medieval castle, seaside promenade and an historic centre. You've plenty of free time here to stop for a spot of lunch if you wish before we visit Portofino, which we'll reach by boat. What used to be a small fishing village is today an exclusive resort favoured by Italy's rich and famous. A walk along the cliff past the church of San Giorgio will reward you with unrivalled views of its picturesque harbour lined with pastel-shaded houses.
- Day 3 Genoa
- You'll discover the large port city of Genoa today on an included guided tour. In the birthplace of explorer Christopher Columbus, you'll wander through medieval alleyways and admire the UNESCO-listed Palazzi dei Rolli. These magnificent palaces were built in the Strade Nuove district between the 16th and 18th centuries as residences for aristocratic families, as well as to host visiting dignitaries. You'll have free time for lunch and to explore Genoa further at your own pace. It is home to a wide range of museums and art galleries, as well as Italy's largest aquarium, where you can discover more than 500 species of fish.
- Day 4 Christmas Eve Cinque Terre
- After breakfast you'll head to the area known as the Cinque Terre. These five enchanting villages are perched high on cliffs above the Mediterranean Sea and are accessible only by train, boat or footpath. On your included excursion you will take the train to visit a few of them. Back at the hotel, enjoy an evening of live music after dinner.
- Day 5 Christmas Day Santa Margherita Ligure
- Enjoy a relaxing start to Christmas Day with a leisurely breakfast and a stroll around Santa Margherita Ligure with your Tour Manager. As you walk along the esplanade, which is lined by palm trees, you might see locals out buying cakes and pastries to enjoy on this special day. Back at the hotel we'll be served a traditional festive lunch. Spend the afternoon relaxing at your hotel, before dinner this evening.
- Day 6 Boxing Day Pisa & Lucca
- Today is free for you to spend just as you wish. You can relax at the hotel or explore lovely Santa Margherita Ligure further. However, if you'd like to discover more of Italy, why not join an optional excursion, which begins as we visit the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. One of four buildings that make up the Field of Miracles, this iconic landmark took 176 years to complete and began to lean shortly after construction. Next, you'll continue to the well-preserved walled town of Lucca, which is renowned for its medieval and Renaissance architecture. It is also famous as the birthplace of the composer Puccini and home of the Volto Santo Crucifix, which is kept in the exquisite cathedral.
- Day 7 Santa Margherita Ligure/UK
- After breakfast we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Continental
- You will stay at the Hotel Continental - set within a beautiful hillside garden in the coastal town of Santa Margherita Ligure. Overlooking the sea, picturesque harbour and the old fishing town, this elegant Art Nouveau hotel has a private beach. Guest rooms feature private facilities, TV, minibar, safe, hairdryer and free wi-fi. Hotel amenities include a restaurant, bar, lift and wellness & fitness centre.
- See the world-famous Leaning Tower of Pisa and the walled town of Lucca