Christmas In An Austrian Castle
Relax amidst splendid historic surroundings on this Christmas break in the enchanting Austrian Lake District. Highlights include visits to 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg and the charming lakeside villages of St Wolfgang. An atmospheric concert of Christmas music and a magical horse-drawn carriage ride turn this into a Christmas to remember.
Relax amidst splendid historic surroundings on this Christmas break in the enchanting Austrian Lake District, with a horse-drawn carriage ride one magical highlight.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 4 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 9 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch, 4 dinners and a welcome drink
- All highlights included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Mulled wine and cookies on arrival
- Visit the 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg and a Christmas market
- Savour mulled wine and gingerbread at the Christmas market
- Enjoy a traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings plus an evening of live entertainment
- Explore St Wolfgang and browse its festive market
- Enjoy a magical horse-drawn carriage ride
- Experience the unique atmosphere of a Christmas concert in Salzburg
- Day 1 UK – Mondsee
- Depart on your flight to Munich today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your elegant hotel, which is close to the shores of Lake Mondsee. The festivities start straight away as you are welcomed with a glass of mulled wine accompanied by cookies.
Spend the rest of the day at leisure before dinner is served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Salzburg & Christmas Markets
- Today you'll visit 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg. The centre has hardly changed since the times of the famous Austrian composer Mozart, who was born here.
On a guided walking tour discover Baroque domed churches, merchant houses, hidden arcaded courtyards and the magnificent Hohensalzburg Fortress, which dominates the city. We'll also take a stroll through Mozart Square and see the charming Mirabell Gardens.
Next we'll head to the traditional Christmas market in the Kapitelplatz, located next to the splendid cathedral. Perhaps enjoy a mulled wine or two as you browse the festive stalls and shop for last-minute gifts.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Mondsee
- It's Christmas Day, so relax and enjoy a leisurely morning at the hotel before sitting down to a traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings.
Later, the festive celebrations continue with an evening of live music.
- Day 4 Boxing Day St Wolfgang & St Gilgen
- This morning you'll visit three lakeside villages, with your first stop St Wolfgang, home to the legendary White Horse Inn. This picturesque village sits on the north shore of the Wolfgangsee, at the foot of the Schafberg Mountain. A festive market will still be in full swing and rustic stalls adorned with candles, torches and warming braziers line the narrow streets down to the lake's shore. You'll also enjoy a real festive treat today, a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride.
You'll continue to the village of St Gilgen to experience the Wolfgangsee Christmas market, and your day finishes back in Salzburg, where a further highlight is an atmospheric Christmas concert.
You'll return to the hotel in time for dinner this evening.
- Day 5 Mondsee – UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Schlosshotel Mondsee
- You will stay at the Schlosshotel Mondsee, located in the centre of Mondsee and just a few minutes’ walk from the shores of Lake Mondsee. Completely renovated in 2015, the hotel offers a unique setting within a former Benedictine monastery dating back to 748. In the early 19th century the monastery was converted into a palace, and furniture and paintings throughout the hotel will take you on a voyage through its history. All guest rooms feature en suite facilities, flat-screen TV and seating area. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and a small spa area with indoor swimming pool and sauna.