Christmas In An Austrian Castle
Christmas in Austria Tour
Relax amidst splendid historic surroundings on this Christmas break in the enchanting Austrian Lake District. Highlights include visits to 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg and the charming lakeside villages of St Wolfgang. An atmospheric concert of Christmas music and a magical horse-drawn sleigh ride turn this into a Christmas to remember.
Relax amidst splendid historic surroundings on this Christmas break in the enchanting Austrian Lake District, with a horse-drawn sleigh ride one magical highlight.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 4 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 9 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch, 4 dinners
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Mulled wine and cookies on arrival
- Live music on Christmas Day
- Visit the 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg and a Christmas market
- Enjoy a magical horse-drawn sleigh ride on Christmas Day
- Explore St Wolfgang and browse festive markets
- Experience the unique atmosphere of a Christmas concert in Salzburg
- Day 1 UK/Mondsee
- Depart on your flight to Munich today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your elegant hotel, which is close to the shores of Lake Mondsee. The festivities start straight away as you are welcomed with a glass of mulled wine accompanied by cookies. Spend the rest of the day at leisure before dinner is served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Salzburg and Christmas markets
- Today you'll visit 'The Sound of Music' city of Salzburg, whose centre has hardly changed since the times of the famous Austrian composer Mozart, who was born here. On a guided walking tour discover Baroque domed churches, merchant houses, hidden arcaded courtyards and the magnificent Hohensalzburg Fortress, which dominates the city. We'll also take a stroll through Mozart Square and see the charming Mirabell Gardens. Next we'll head to the traditional Christmas market in the Kapitelplatz, located next to the splendid cathedral. Perhaps enjoy a mulled wine or two as you browse the festive stalls and shop for last-minute gifts.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Mondsee
- Enjoy a relaxing morning at the hotel before a traditional Christmas lunch with all the trimmings is served in the elegant restaurant. There's a lovely treat in store this afternoon as you take an included horse-drawn sleigh ride through Mondsee's snowy winter wonderland. Back at the hotel, the festive celebrations continue this evening with dinner and live musical entertainment.
- Day 4 Boxing Day St Wolfgang, St Gilgen and Strobl
- This morning you'll visit three lakeside villages, with your first stop St Wolfgang, home to the legendary White Horse Inn. This picturesque village sits on the north shore of the Wolfgangsee, at the foot of the Schafberg Mountain. A festive market will still be in full swing and rustic stalls adorned with candles, torches and warming braziers line the narrow streets down to lake's shore. You'll continue to the village of St Gilgen to experience the Wolfgangsee Advent Christmas market, then on to the idyllic village of Strobl, where festive decorations sparkle against the backdrop of the Wolfgangsee. Your day finishes back in Salzburg, where a further highlight is an atmospheric Christmas concert. You'll return to the hotel in time for dinner this evening.
- Day 5 Mondsee/UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Schlosshotel Mondsee
- You will stay at the Schlosshotel Mondsee, located in the centre of Mondsee and just a few minutes’ walk from the shores of Lake Mondsee. Completely renovated in 2015, the hotel offers a unique setting within a former Benedictine monastery dating back to 748. In the early 19th century the monastery was converted into a palace, and furniture and paintings throughout the hotel will take you on a voyage through its history. All guest rooms feature en suite facilities, flat-screen TV, mini-bar and seating area. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and a small spa area with indoor pool and sauna.