Chile, Argentina & Brazil
- Duration: 14 days
- Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
- Tour Ref: D2TTRALCAB
- Travel Type: Air
- Excursions: 5
This South American adventure takes in the highlights of three fascinating countries. Discover Chile’s mountain scenery from intriguing Santiago, before exploring Argentina’s wine capital and the Iguaçú Falls en route to Brazil’s vibrant Rio.
A chance to explore breathtaking sights in three fascinating South American countries.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with LATAM
- 11 nights in 4 and 5-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 11 breakfasts
- Prime hotel location in Rio in the centre of Copacabana beach
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guides
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
Chile’s capital, Santiago, which lies beneath the stunning Andes
Tour of Mendoza, Argentina’s wine capital
Visit the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires
View the Iguaçú Falls, which are taller than Niagara Falls
View the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer at Corcovado
- DAY 1 UK/Santiago
- Today you'll depart on your scheduled flight to Chile's capital Santiago, via Sao Paulo.
- DAY 2 Santiago
- You'll arrive in Santiago today, where we'll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay. The city occupies a lovely setting beneath the Andes, so fantastic views are assured. You'll also see wonderful sights on an afternoon tour, with the Presidential Palace and the residential districts of Las Condes and Providencia particular highlights. The views of the foothills of the Andes from San Cristobal Hill aren't bad either!
- DAY 3 Santiago
- The choice is yours today – spend time exploring Santiago, or join your Tour Manager on an optional day of discovery which starts with a scenic drive. Your first stop will be the Indomita vineyard to taste award-winning wines. Our explorations then take us to Viña del Mar, a beach resort also known as the 'Garden City', and the coastal city of Valparaiso. We'll have lunch here, and sightseeing highlights include Fisherman's Wharf, Plaza Sotomayor, the Naval Academy and La Sebastiana.
- DAY 4 Mendoza
- Today we take a great journey by road over the Andes and across the border into Argentina to your new base, Mendoza. Mount Aconcagua, which at 23,000ft is the highest peak in the Americas, is just one sightseeing highlight along the way.
- DAY 5 Mendoza
- You're now in Argentina's wine capital, so after a morning tour of the city you're sure to want to join an optional afternoon vineyard tour and wine-tasting.
- DAY 6 Buenos Aires
- Argentina's capital Buenos Aires beckons today, and we'll fly there this morning. With a three-night stay, there's plenty of time to explore, and we'll start with a tour this afternoon. First we'll take a walk around the Plaza de Mayo, to see the Casa Rosada, or Government House. This is also where we'll find the cathedral, which houses the tomb of Argentina's liberator General San Martin. Next, we head to the colourful La Boca District and visit Recoleta Cemetery, the burial place of political icon Eva Perón, before returning to our hotel.
- DAY 7 Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires is yours to explore today. Alternatively, if you'd like to experience life on a typical ranch, or estancia, an optional day out will take you into the heart of the Argentinian Pampas. Here you'll see the gauchos displaying their horsemanship skills, and you'll also get to tuck into an Argentine barbecue. Some of the world's best beef comes from Argentina – so meat-lovers are in for a treat.
- DAY 8 Buenos Aires
- You've a free day to spend as you wish. However, you can also join a couple of exciting optional excursions. Perhaps join a relaxing morning river cruise on the Tigre and Parana Delta. As you sail through this labyrinth of waterways take in lovely views of riverside villas, forested islands, Victorian docks and English-style gardens. Your evening option turns up the heat, with a fiery tango show and dinner.
- DAY 9 Iguaçú Falls
- We'll fly to Iguaçú Falls today, where our base for two nights is on the Argentinian side of this natural wonder. You could spend a relaxed afternoon enjoying your hotel's facilities.
- DAY 10 Iguaçú Falls
- Today is the day you are going to explore Iguaçú National Park on a full-day excursion. A train ride takes us through the jungle to Iguaçú Falls, which are located at the meeting point of three countries, Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. Higher than Niagara and wider than Victoria, Iguaçú consists of an astounding 275 separate falls and is a breathtaking spectacle.
- DAY 11 Rio de Janeiro
- You might take the chance to relax this morning before we fly to the thrilling city of Rio de Janeiro. Alternatively, if you want to carry on exploring, you can take an optional trip to the Brazilian side of Iguaçú Falls. From here you get wonderfully panoramic views and you can walk across a platform virtually into Devil's Throat, the most famous of the falls. Early this afternoon we'll transfer to the airport for our flight.
- DAY 12 Rio de Janeiro
- You're going to wake up in one of the most unique and dazzling cities in the world today, welcome to Rio! Beautifully situated beneath Sugar Loaf Mountain and blessed with magnificent world-famous beaches such as Copacabana and Ipanema, a day here is sure to be filled with excitement. To get you started, we're going to visit Corcovado, which is home to the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer. To reach the statue we'll travel on the small cog railway which winds up the mountain. You can just imagine the superb views you're going to get over Rio from here. You'll be keen to get out in Rio this afternoon, whether that's to see more sights or stretch out on Copacabana Beach, which is just across from your hotel. There's also the option to take a cable-car ride to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain.
- DAY 13 Rio de Janeiro/UK
- You've time to see a little more of Rio today before we transfer you to the airport for your flight to the UK via Sao Paulo.
- DAY 14 UK
- Today you'll arrive back in the UK .
- Torremayor Hotel Santiago
- Located in the centre of Providencia, Santiago, and within close proximity to an abundance of restaurants and bars and less than 10 minutes to the biggest mall in Latin America, the Torremayor Providencia is situated in an ideal location. Rooms have a modern decor with facilities including; a minibar, climate control and Wi-Fi. The Hotel also has a rooftop pool which boasts fantastic views of the city.
- Diplomatic Hotel
- This 5-star resort is situated in the centre of Mendoza, surrounded by great restaurants, wine bars and shops. Rooms feature luxury French furniture, dark wood floors and marble bathrooms.
- Sheraton Libertador Buenos Aires
- Sheraton Libertador Hotel, located in the centre of Buenos Aires, welcomes its guests to one of the largest cosmopolitan cities in Latin America and provides easy access to its varied commercial, financial, cultural and entertainment options.
This luxurious 5–star hotel is just in the centre of all the action. It is located in close proximity to The Obelisco, the most famous iconic and historical monument of Buenos Aires, and Plaza Mayo, the main square of central Buenos Aires, which has always been the focal point of its political life with several major landmarks, located around the Plaza. However, guests who are more interested in shopping rather than sightseeing will not feel lonely here, as famous Florida Pedestrian Street, full of lovely shops, is just 2 blocks away.
However, Sheraton Libertador Hotel undoubtedly is a jewel itself and a pleasure to stay in. Rooms are styled in tan hues with sweet sleeper king or 2 single beds and further benefit from air conditioning, flat-screen satellite TVs, mini bar, safe and dressing room. Stunning views of the city towers add intimate and inviting atmosphere to the rooms, which is further enhanced by marble baths, where guests can sit back and relax from the fast pace of the city.
For those seeking additional relaxation this fabulous hotel offer numerous services, including sun deck, sauna, spa facilities and massage treatments. Although for those who still have energy there is an indoor heated pool and fitness centre with sliding-glass-pane ceiling providing magnificent views of Buenos Aires. Yet, no experience can be complete without a visit to La Pergola Restaurant or Maximilian Lobby Bar and Restaurant. While La Pergola Restaurant with its variety of buffet dishes is an ultimate choice for breakfast or lunch, superb cocktails and a la carte menu, available for lunch and dinner, can be found in Maximilian Lobby Bar and Restaurant.
- Panoramic Grand Hotel
- The Panoramic Grand is located on a hill which overlooks the Three Frontier Landmark, a site that marks the meeting of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. The hotel boasts 5 restaurants and a panoramic spa.
- Rio Othon Palace
- The 4-star Rio Othon Palace is ideally located on Copacabana Beach, a short distance from the centre of Rio. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, air-conditioning and a TV.
- Tour of Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, including a wine-tasting
- Experience a typical 'estancia' ranch
- Visit one of Mendoza's many vineyards for a wine-tasting
- River tour on the magnificent Tigre and Parana Delta
- Enjoy a delicious dinner and a thrilling tango show in Buenos Aires
- View the Iguaçú Falls from the Brazilian side
- Enjoy superb views of Rio de Janeiro from Sugarloaf Mountain
Pre-bookable excursions: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar, Iguaçú Falls from the Brazilian side and Sugarloaf Mountain can be pre-booked as a package from just £289 per person.Back to top