Chicago, Mississippi & All That Jazz 2020
This tour, which begins as you take in the views from 360 Chicago's observation deck and enjoy a night of authentic blues, is a must for music lovers. As you journey from Chicago to New Orleans, you'll also revel in the sounds of rock 'n' roll, country music and jazz and visit so many places linked to musical legends. Step inside the hallowed halls of Studio B, where famous artists such as Elvis recorded tracks, and admire the memorabilia on display in the Country Music Hall of Fame. In Memphis you'll visit Sun Studios, where the King of Rock 'n' Roll carved his career, and take a tour of his opulent mansion, Graceland. Further highlights include a stroll around the Abraham Lincoln Museum, the French Quarter in New Orleans and a chance to cruise on an authentic paddle steamer.
Journey from Chicago to New Orleans to the sound of the blues, country, rock 'n' roll and jazz - a must for music lovers.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with United Airlines
- 11 nights in hotels of a great quality plus 1 night in flight
- 5 breakfasts
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Tour of Chicago
- Entry to 360 Chicago
- Live Chicago blues evening
- Springfield and Abraham Lincoln Museum
- Studio B and the Country Music Hall of Fame
- Tour of Memphis
- Sun Studios visit
- Elvis Presley's former home Graceland
- New Orleans tour
- Day 1 UK/Chicago
- Today you'll depart on your scheduled flight to Chicago, the home of the blues. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel for a two-night stay.
- Day 2 Chicago
- You're going to discover the best of Chicago today in the company of your Local Guide. They'll point out renowned museums, galleries and theatres, and the array of shops along The Magnificent Mile. They'll even tell you the best restaurants to try Chicago's famous deep-dish pizza! You'll learn about the devastating fire of 1871 and hear tales about America's best-known gangster, Al Capone, before visiting Millennium Park to see the 'Bean' sculpture. End your morning at the impressive Navy Pier on the shores of Lake Michigan, where there's free time for lunch or an afternoon cruise if you wish. There's a great night ahead, starting with a visit to 360 Chicago observation deck. The city's skyline is impressive at any time, but at night the skyscrapers become dazzling works of art and from here, 1,000 feet up, you'll get fabulous views. After this, we're going to head to an authentic blues club to enjoy an evening of live music together.
- Day 3 Springfield & St Louis
- We take to the road today and head to St Louis in Missouri. En route we're going to stop in Springfield, the state capital of Illinois and former home of President Lincoln. Entrance to the fabulous Lincoln Museum is also included. This is no ordinary museum, here historical artefacts are combined with state-of-the-art technology to bring history roaring to life.
- Day 4 Nashville
- The impressive Gateway Arch is the highlight of your sightseeing tour of St Louis this morning. Our next stop and our base for two nights is Nashville, the capital of Tennessee. If you want to experience a night out in the city that 'calls music home', why not join our optional excursion which gives you the chance to enjoy dinner and an evening of live entertainment Nashville style!
- Day 5 Nashville
- In the country music capital of the world, of course the theme for today is music! Firstly, you'll enter Studio B, to stand where Elvis Presley and countless other performers recorded famous tracks. Next you'll see the vast collection of memorabilia that's on display in the Country Music Hall of Fame. There's one more exciting experience to come if you choose to join an optional excursion – an evening of live music at the Grand Ole Opry.
- Day 6 Memphis
- You're bound for Memphis today, stood proud on the bluffs of the Mississippi River. The city is synonymous with Elvis Presley and during your sightseeing tour you'll visit the famous Sun Studios where he made his first recordings in 1954. The evening is yours to do as you wish. A stroll down Beale Street, which is lined by blues clubs and restaurants, comes highly recommended.
- Day 7 Memphis
- If you had a late night, you'll relish a morning at leisure before a wonderful highlight of your tour this afternoon. We're going to head to Graceland, for a fascinating guided tour of the opulent mansion that was home to Elvis from 1957 until his death in 1977.
- Day 8 Memphis
- You've a free day to explore Memphis at leisure. Many fascinating museums pay tribute to the city's musical heritage, so maybe you'll choose to visit some of them. At the Memphis Music Hall of Fame, you will learn about the city's legendary musicians through an exciting array of interactive exhibits. Another option is the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum, which charts the development of modern music from the early days of the 1930s, when African-American slaves and their descendants sang as they toiled in the fields.
- Day 9 New Orleans
- We're going to head deeper south to New Orleans today, the birthplace of another musical genre, jazz. From museums and churches to parks and boutiques, there is plenty to discover in this energetic city. While you are here, you really should sample some traditional New Orleans cuisine, there are so many incredible restaurants serving delicious gumbo, jambalaya, po-boys and crawfish étouffée.
- Day 10 New Orleans
- A morning sightseeing tour of the 'Big Easy' will help you to get your bearings. You'll see, and hear, the famous French Quarter, where jazz music wafts from beyond the doors of the numerous cafés and bars. You can also join an optional excursion today to experience another Deep South tradition, as you step aboard an authentic paddle steamer. Your cruise on the Mississippi River includes lunch and music from a live jazz band.
- Day 11 New Orleans
- With so much to see and do in New Orleans you might want to spend the day exploring at your own pace. However, you can also choose to join an optional excursion to discover two sides of Louisiana, with a swamp cruise and a plantation visit. It's your final evening, so why not head off to Bourbon Street or Frenchmen Street to enjoy a drink and sample the music scene with the locals.
- Day 12 New Orleans/UK
- The morning is yours to do as you wish. Later, we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Day 13 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
- This boutique hotel is 5 minutes’ walk away from Navy Pier. Shopping area and local attractions are also short walk away from the hotel. Guest rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, a minifridge and tea/coffee-making facilities. Other hotel facilities include a 24-hour fitness centre and a tour desk with local information.
- Pear Tree Inn St Louis Union Station
- Pear Tree Inn St Louis Union Station, located in downtown St Louis, in close proximity to local attractions like Washington Avenue''s entertainment district, City Museum and Scottrade Center. Hotel rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, microwaves, minifridges and coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include an indoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and a hot tub.
- Cambria Hotel Nashville Downtown
- This hotel, located in downtown area, is a short walk away from many local attractions like Ryman Auditorium and Johnny Cash Museum. Rooms feature music-inspired decoration, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and minifridges. Other hotel amenities include an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness centre.
- Holiday Inn Memphis Downtown
- Holiday Inn Memphis Downtown is located in the heart of the city, just one block away from famous Beale Street. Sophisticated rooms feature free Wi-Fi, cable TV and coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and two on-site restaurants.
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- The Sheraton New Orleans Hotel is a contemporary hotel located near to the French Quarter. Hotel amenities include a bistro which serves New-Orleans inspired cuisine, a bar, fitness centre and rooftop pool.
- Chicago's architecture river cruise (subject to time of year)
- Nashville Night Out
- An evening at the Grand Ole Opry
- Paddle steamer lunch cruise
- Bayou swamp tour and Louisiana plantation