Canadian Rockies With Rocky Mountaineer
|This tour introduces the dramatic landscapes of the Rocky Mountains and includes a two-day journey on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer train.|
This tour introduces the dramatic landscapes of the Rocky Mountains and includes a two-day journey on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer train.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 8 nights in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 6 meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- DAY 1 UK/Calgary
- Depart on your flight to Calgary, where we'll transfer you to your overnight hotel. It's just a few minutes' walk from the bars and restaurants of downtown Calgary, so why not head out this evening.
- DAY 2 Banff
- Banff is nestled in the heart of the Rockies, and it's where your tour takes you today. On arrival we'll head off straight away to Banff National Park. Its many scenic highlights include Bow Falls – a wide waterfall on the Bow River – glacial Lake Minnewanka and spires of rock known as the Hoodoos of Bow Valley. You'll also head to Surprise Corner, where the views will take your breath away and explain just how it got its name. You can choose to make your own discoveries this afternoon, however an optional ride on the Banff Gondola up Sulphur Mountain is highly recommended. It takes just eight minutes for the cable car to reach the top, and the view of six mountain ranges is incredible. If you're feeling brave, you can also step out on a boardwalk which sits at an elevation of 2,281 metres. It leads you up to Sanson's Peak and the Mountain Cosmic Ray Station.
- DAY 3 Lake Louise
- You'll see plenty of amazing sights today, beginning with the Johnston Canyon, vast walls of rock that can be viewed using a series of walkways. Then we're going to make our way to Lake Louise, a glacial jade-green lake high in the mountains, which is often described as one of the most beautiful places in Canada.
- DAY 4 Jasper
- There's a really exciting drive today as we travel to Jasper on the Banff-Jasper Highway, also known as the Icefields Parkway. Sitting at almost 7,000ft above sea level, it is flanked at points by mountains soaring to more than 11,000ft. More spectacular views can be seen when we stop to stretch our legs at the Great Columbia Icefield. Don't miss out on the chance to take an optional Ice Explorer ride across the Athabasca Glacier here.
- DAY 5 Jasper
- Tick another natural wonder off your list today as you explore Jasper National Park. Scenic highlights include the spectacular Maligne Lake and Maligne Canyon, and an optional thrill comes in the shape of a rafting experience on the Athabasca River. Later you can make new discoveries on an optional evening nature walk in the park.
- DAY 6 Rocky Mountaineer to Kamloops
- The chance to travel on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer is the experience of a lifetime, and you'll board this train today for the first of two journeys. Sit back and take in stunning views as you head through the dramatic scenery of the Continental Divide and the river valleys of the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains. You'll also see Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies, and the stunning Pyramid Falls. Onboard commentary will tell you all about the scenes unfolding outside your window, and you'll enjoy SilverLeaf service, with breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks all served at your seat. On arrival in Kamloops, you'll leave the train and head to a hotel for the night.
- DAY 7 Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver
- Another thrilling day begins as you board the Rocky Mountaineer once more this morning. You'll pass winding river canyons, pristine forest and towering mountains as you head towards the Pacific Ocean. The route follows the Fraser River, which is renowned as the home of British Columbia's largest salmon fishing run. If you're lucky you might see grizzly bears trying to pluck a fish from the water. Keep a lookout too for Hell's Gate. This is where the river narrows abruptly forcing water to gush through a 35-metre-wide passage. Your journey comes to an end in the coastal city of Vancouver, which boasts one of the most beautiful settings in the world, surrounded by mountains, forests and islands.
- DAY 8 Vancouver
- Get to know Vancouver this morning on a tour which takes in Chinatown, the historic Gastown district and the magnificent harbour. You'll also spend some time in the remarkable 1,000-acre Stanley Park with its famous totem poles. You can set the pace this afternoon as you explore at leisure. Or, if you'd like to join an optional excursion, come with us to Vancouver's North Shore. The spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge is one highlight, another is the cable-car ride up Grouse Mountain. From here you'll take in breathtaking views of the city, Vancouver Island and beyond.
- DAY 9 Vancouver/UK
- Enjoy some free time in Vancouver this morning before we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- DAY 10 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- International Hotel and Spa Calgary
- A 10-minute walk from the Calgary Tower, this upscale, modern all-suite hotel is an 18 minute walk from the new Studio Bell building, home of the National Music Centre. The relaxed suites feature minifridges, flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. There''s a complimentary breakfast buffet, served in the on-site restaurant. Other amenities include a fitness centre, an indoor pool, a sauna and a hot tub.
- The Rundlestone Lodge
- The Rundlestone Lodge is set in the heart of the Canadian rockies, only minutes away from downtown Banff.
Hotel facilities include a pool, exercise equipment and Wi-Fi. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, coffee maker, Wi-Fi and a TV.
- Chateau Jasper
- The newly renovated Chateau Jasper is a cozy hotel with a variety of accommodations and facilities. This conveniently located hotel offers fully air-conditioned guest rooms, each furnished with mountain decor in mind. Other features include an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness centre and the Silverwater Grill & Lounge.
- Kamloops Hotel
- Your hotel in Kamloops this evening is arranged by Rocky Mountaineer and will be advised when you board the train.
- Century Plaza Hotel & Spa
- A 6-minute walk from Robson Street''s upscale shopping and 4-minute walk from Davie Street''s restaurants and nightlife. Studios featuring modest furnishings offer kitchenettes and free WiFi. An informal on-site restaurant and lounge serves a menu of International cuisine. There''s also a coffee shop with snacks, and a comedy club. A low-key spa offers treatments for a charge. The fitness centre is open 24/7.
- Helicopter flight over the Rockies
- Banff Gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain
- Ice Explorer ride on the Athabasca Glacier
- Athabasca River rafting tour
- Twilight nature walk in Jasper
- Vancouver's North Shore tour