Canadian Rockies And An Alaskan Cruise
Canada's most spectacular sights are all yours to enjoy as you journey through the Rocky Mountains and embark on a thrilling cruise along the dramatic coastline of Alaska. Your first stop is Banff National Park, where snow-capped peaks, sparkling lakes and wondrous wildlife will stop you in your tracks. Equally breathtaking is Lake Louise – said to be one of the most beautiful places in the whole of Canada. A journey by road through the Rocky Mountains and across British Columbia then takes you to Vancouver. Another splendid beauty, this city is surrounded by water, mountains and forests and always tops the 'best places to live in the world' lists! Now it's time to board the Volendam, your floating hotel for the next seven nights as you set off on a thrilling Alaskan cruise. As you sail along North America's most scenic coastal landscape, watch for wildlife from the deck – you could spot whales, eagles, seals and grizzly bears. Step ashore in Alaska's capital, Juneau, to view the Mendenhall Glacier, and in Skagway, a lively relic of the Klondike Gold Rush. At Glacier Bay look for huge icebergs floating in the water, before your cruise comes to an end back in Vancouver.
Combine the scenic splendour of Canada's Rocky Mountains with a cruise through beautiful Alaska.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 6 nights in great quality hotels and 7 nights on board your cruise ship plus 1 night in flight
- 22 meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Local Flavours : Enjoy a Canadian tipple on the roof top bar of the Mount Royal Hotel
- Travelsphere Tour Manager (pre-cruise)
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
Sightseeing tour of Banff National Park
Discover the beauty of Lake Louise
Vancouver city tour
- Day 1 UK - Banff
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Calgary today. On arrival, we will transfer you by road to your hotel in Banff. Your journey takes you through the spectacular scenery of the Rocky Mountains.
- Day 2 Banff
- Staggering views appear at every turn in Banff National Park, and this morning we'll head out together to explore. Snow-capped mountains, crystal-clear lakes, sparkling streams and swathes of forest are just some of the attractions in this stunning destination. The wildlife is equally impressive, so look out for black and grizzly bears, wolves, elk and deer on land, then keep your eyes peeled for eagles, hawks and ospreys in the sky. Other breaktaking sights will be the Hoodoos of Bow Valley, imposing spires of rock carved by the forces of nature which stand guard over the Bow River, and Surprise Corner. As the name suggests, sensational picture-postcard views are waiting for you here, so remember to bring your camera!
- Day 3 Lake Louise
- Nothing can prepare you for the beauty of Lake Louise – a glacial, jade-green lake surrounded on all sides by towering peaks. You'll see it in all its glory this morning, and will have plenty of time to take in the views from hiking trails along the shore. The lake is often described as one of the most beautiful places in Canada – today you can decide if you think it lives up to its reputation.
- Day 4 Kelowna
- Today we're taking to the road and heading through the Rockies via Revelstoke and Vernon to the Kelowna area in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. Sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery that we pass through on this thrilling journey.
- Days 5 & 6 British Columbia
- The beauty of Vancouver is beckoning today, and on the way you can just relax and take in the views - you won't want to miss a thing. As we make our way across British Columbia we'll pass mountains, lakes, valleys and forests, and keep a lookout for wildlife too.
- Day 7 Vancouver - at Leisure
- There's a huge amount to see and do in Vancouver, so it's up to you how you spend this free day. The city boasts one of the most beautiful settings in the world, surrounded by mountains, forests and islands. If you would like to enjoy an optional guided excursion, you've the chance to visit Victoria. We'll take the ferry across to the capital of British Columbia, where highlights include the renowned Butchart Gardens, Parliament building and the impressive Empress Hotel.
- Day 8 Vancouver
- Your tour takes a new twist today, as we transfer you to Vancouver harbour to join your cruise ship, Volendam, which sets sail at 5pm. On board, once you've unpacked and settled into your comfortable stateroom, why not explore your wonderful floating hotel.
- Day 9 The Inside Passage
- Ahead lie days of luxurious relaxation and exploration as your ship traces the outline of North America's most scenic coastal landscape. As well as enjoying the ship's facilities, make sure you spend plenty of time on deck keeping a watchful eye for wildlife. If you're lucky you could see whales and seals in the water, eagles soaring overhead and grizzly bears on the shoreline.
- Day 10 Juneau
- Early this afternoon we'll dock in the Alaskan capital, Juneau, which stands on one of the largest wilderness areas of the United States. No roads lead into or out of the city, and it is surrounded by nature. Step ashore for a day of discovery in the great outdoors, with a visit to the 12-mile-long river of ice known as the Mendenhall Glacier just one recommendation. You might also see bears on the shore and bald eagles soaring above you.
- Day 11 Skagway
- This morning we arrive in Skagway, a lively relic of the Klondike Gold Rush, when gold was discovered here in 1896. With its wooden sidewalks and turn-of-the-century buildings, you'll feel like you've stepped back in time as you head off to explore at your own pace.
- Day 12 Glacier Bay
- Get ready for one of the scenic highlights of your cruise as we head to Glacier Bay. You'll see enormous icebergs floating in the blue-green water, and if we're lucky, we might catch sight of a glacier 'calving', sending thousands of tons of ice thundering into the bay. Don't put your camera down for a minute, as this area is a popular hangout for an incredible range of wildlife too. You might see humpback whales and sea otters in the water and grizzly, brown and black bears on the shore.
- Day 13 Ketchikan
- Today our journey takes us to Ketchikan, a quaint, weathered town clinging to a mountainside. Known as the 'salmon capital of the world', it's a lovely place to explore, and of course, it is the best place to sample some fresh Alaskan salmon. There's also an option to discover Totem Pole Park - Ketchikan is home to the world's largest collection of these fascinating works of art.
- Day 14 The Inside Passage
- It's your final day on board, so take every opportunity to appreciate the scenery as we cruise the Inside Passage. This series of deep fjords and tiny islands shaped by nature offers views that will simply take your breath away. As we make our way back to Vancouver, there's also plenty of time to catch up with your new-found friends and relive the amazing moments you've shared on this trip of a lifetime.
- Day 15 Vancouver - UK
- We'll disembark the ship this morning and set off on a tour of Vancouver. Sightseeing highlights include its original historic core, known as Gastown, the magnificent harbour, Chinatown and the remarkable 1,000-acre Stanley Park with its famous totem poles. Later, we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Days 16 - 15 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Residence Inn by Marriot
- Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary downtown is a great hotel with some excellent amenities. The stylish and modern property boasts a restaurant, bar and gym equipment. In addition, there is also a spacious terrace area for guests to relax in. Rooms are furnished with air conditioning, a TV and private facilities.
- Mount Royal Hotel
- Perfectly situated downtown in the very heart of Banff and overlooking the mountains, this historic hotel
has been situated here since 1908. The hotel has been completely updated this winter inspired by the history of the hotel and the area.
Warm, relaxed rooms and suites benefit from a desk area, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, kettle and coffee machine, smart TV, hairdryer, safe and iron.
There are four dining options at the hotel including Tony Roma''s restaurant, a guest lounge and Toque Canadian Pub. Additionally the hotel boasts a library, and roof top lounge with outdoor hot tubs.
- Comfort Suites Kelowna
- Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown
- A 7-minute walk from shopping on Robson Street, this modern hotel is also a 10-minute walk from the Hornby Street Aquabus, which offers direct access to Granville Island. Hotel rooms come with flat-screen TVs and desks, plus minifridges and coffeemakers. The facility also offers a casual restaurant/lounge, an indoor heated pool and a 24-hour exercise room, plus a spa.
- MS Volendam
- You will cruise aboard Holland America’s ms Volendam a mid sized ship with a maximum guest capacity of 1432 passengers. Their ships are known for the artworks on board, and also for the generous personal space given in the suites and staterooms. The Volendam has a beautiful garden theme reflected in the artful floral motif throughout the ship, and huge vases of fresh floral arrangements. On board there is plenty to do with facilities including two swimming pools, fitness centre, basketball and volleyball courts, shopping, and the Greenhouse Spa and Salon where you can book a treatment in one of the relaxing rooms, or book a hair or nail appointment in the Salon. Additionally, learn about the amazing natural world with exclusive content from BBC Earth, through on board concerts, films and shows. At mealtimes the ship boasts five restaurants to choose from, there is The Dining Room for breakfast, lunch or your five course evening meal, offering elegant and sophisticated dining, from classic favourites to local dishes inspired by the region you are visiting. For a more casual meal, the Lido Market offers food from different themed stations, with a panoramic view of the sea, or enjoy a gourmet burger, hot dog, or lighter bite from the pool side – Dive In. You could choose to enjoy your evening meal at the luxurious Pinnacle Grill which serves dishes inspired by the Pacific, boutique local wines are available, as well as others from famous vineyards across the world. Alternatively try Canaletto, offering authentic Italian dining, from pasta to grill dishes. There is a choice of three bars and a relaxing lounge, as well as the Wajang Theatre where you can enjoy complimentary films and popcorn, and the Casino, offering games for all levels, with professionals at hand to help you learn new skills. Your holiday price is based on an inside cabin, however it is possible to upgrade your cabin to range of outside cabins and suites (subject to availability) for the latest cabin availability and price information please call our Holiday Advisors on 01858 415 420.
Banff Gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain
Helicopter ride over the Rockies
Victoria and the Butchart Gardens
Back to top
Pre-bookable excursions: A full programme of shore excursions will be available on your cruise.