Canadian Rockies And An Alaskan Cruise
- Duration: 16 days
- Board Basis: Mixed Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAURAC
- Travel Type: Air
- Excursions: 7
|Combine the scenic splendour of Canada's Rocky Mountains with a cruise through beautiful Alaska.|
Combine the scenic splendour of Canada's Rocky Mountains with a cruise through beautiful Alaska.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 7 nights room only in hotels of a good standard and 7 nights on board your cruise ship plus 1 night in flight
- 22 meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager (pre-cruise)
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Sightseeing tour of Banff
- Lake Louise
- Vancouver and Stanley Park
- A 7-night cruise through Alaska
- DAY 1 UK/Banff
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Calgary today. On arrival, we will transfer you to the Rocky Mountains and your hotel in Banff.
- DAY 2 Banff
- This morning we'll head out together on a sightseeing tour of Banff, where the views are sure to take your breath away. You'll see the Hoodoos of Bow Valley, imposing spires of rock carved by the forces of nature which stand guard over the Bow River, and Surprise Corner. As the name suggests, sensational picture-postcard views are waiting for you here, so remember to bring your camera!
- DAY 3 Lake Louise
- Nothing can prepare you for the beauty of Lake Louise – a glacial, jade-green lake surrounded on all sides by towering peaks. You'll see it in all its glory this morning, and will have plenty of time to take in the views from hiking trails along the shore. The lake is often described as one of the most beautiful places in Canada – today you can decide if you think it lives up to its reputation.
- DAY 4 Kelowna
- Today we're taking to the road and heading through the Rockies via Revelstoke and Vernon to the Kelowna area in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
- DAY 5 British Columbia
- The beauty of Vancouver is beckoning today, and on the way you can relax and soak up spectacular scenery as we drive across British Columbia.
- DAY 6 Vancouver
- Get to know Vancouver on a morning sightseeing tour. This city boasts one of the most beautiful settings in the world, surrounded by mountains, forests and islands. You'll visit the city's original historic core, known as 'Gastown', as well as Chinatown, the remarkable 1,000-acre Stanley Park with its famous totem poles, and the magnificent harbour. Vancouver is yours to explore as you please this afternoon. If you'd like to join an optional excursion, come with us to Vancouver's North Shore. Here you'll see the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge and take a cable-car ride up Grouse Mountain. On a clear day the views of the city, the snow-capped mountains of Washington State and Vancouver Island are just wonderful.
- DAY 7 Vancouver
- There's a huge amount to see and do in Vancouver, so it's up to you how you spend this free day. If you would like to enjoy an optional guided excursion, you've the chance to visit Victoria. We'll take the ferry across to the capital of British Columbia, where highlights include the renowned Butchart Gardens, Parliament building and the impressive Empress Hotel.
- DAY 8 Vancouver & Volendam
- Your tour takes a new twist today, as we transfer you to Vancouver harbour to join your cruise ship, Volendam, which sets sail at 5pm. On board, once you've unpacked and settled into your comfortable stateroom, why not explore your wonderful floating hotel.
- DAY 9 The Inside Passage
- Ahead lie days of luxurious relaxation and exploration as your ship traces the outline of North America's most scenic coastal landscape. As well as enjoying the ship's facilities, make sure you spend plenty of time on deck keeping a watchful eye open for wildlife. If you're lucky you could see whales and seals in the water, eagles soaring overhead and grizzly bears on the shoreline.
- DAY 10 Juneau
- We'll dock in the Alaskan capital, Juneau, where you can step ashore and make your own discoveries. The 13-mile long Mendenhall Glacier is definitely a worth a visit.
- DAY 11 Skagway
- This morning we arrive in Skagway, a lively relic of the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush. With its wooden sidewalks and turn-of-the-century buildings, you'll feel like you've stepped back in time.
- DAY 12 Glacier Bay
- Get ready for one of the scenic highlights of your cruise as we head to Glacier Bay. You'll see enormous icebergs floating in the blue-green water, and if we're lucky, we might catch sight of a glacier 'calving', sending thousands of tons of ice thundering into the bay.
- DAY 13 Ketchikan
- Today our journey takes us to Ketchikan, a quaint, weathered town clinging to a mountainside. It's a lovely place to explore at your own pace, and maybe sample some fresh Alaskan salmon. Or, there's an option to explore the Totem Poles Park, the choice is entirely yours.
- DAY 14 The Inside Passage
- It's your final day on board, so take every opportunity to appreciate the scenery as it unfurls before your eyes. As we cruise the Inside Passage back towards Vancouver you'll have plenty of time to catch up with new-found friends and relive the amazing moments you've shared.
- DAY 15 Vancouver/UK
- We'll disembark the ship this morning. Later, we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- DAY 16 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Mount Royal Hotel
- Perfectly situated downtown in the very heart of Banff and overlooking the mountains, this historic hotel
has been situated here since 1908. The hotel has been completely updated this winter inspired by the history of the hotel and the area.
Warm, relaxed rooms and suites benefit from a desk area, complimentary high speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, kettle and coffee machine, smart TV, hairdryer, safe and iron.
There are four dining options at the hotel including Tony Roma''s restaurant, a guest lounge and Toque Canadian Pub. Additionally the hotel boasts a library, and roof top lounge with outdoor hot tubs.
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel
- The Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites offers environmentally friendly lodging and a great central location. Hotel amenities include a fitness centre, pool and hot tub.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown
- A 7-minute walk from shopping on Robson Street, this modern hotel is also a 10-minute walk from the Hornby Street Aquabus, which offers direct access to Granville Island. Hotel rooms come with flat-screen TVs and desks, plus minifridges and coffeemakers. The facility also offers a casual restaurant/lounge, an indoor heated pool and a 24-hour exercise room, plus a spa.
- MS Volendam
- You will cruise aboard Holland America’s ms Volendam a mid sized ship with a maximum guest capacity of 1432 passengers. Their ships are known for the artworks on board, and also for the generous personal space given in the suites and staterooms. The Volendam has a beautiful garden theme reflected in the artful floral motif throughout the ship, and huge vases of fresh floral arrangements. On board there is plenty to do with facilities including two swimming pools, fitness centre, basketball and volleyball courts, shopping, and the Greenhouse Spa and Salon where you can book a treatment in one of the relaxing rooms, or book a hair or nail appointment in the Salon. Additionally, learn about the amazing natural world with exclusive content from BBC Earth, through on board concerts, films and shows. At mealtimes the ship boasts five restaurants to choose from, there is The Dining Room for breakfast, lunch or your five course evening meal, offering elegant and sophisticated dining, from classic favourites to local dishes inspired by the region you are visiting. For a more casual meal, the Lido Market offers food from different themed stations, with a panoramic view of the sea, or enjoy a gourmet burger, hot dog, or lighter bite from the pool side – Dive In. You could choose to enjoy your evening meal at the luxurious Pinnacle Grill which serves dishes inspired by the Pacific, boutique local wines are available, as well as others from famous vineyards across the world. Alternatively try Canaletto, offering authentic Italian dining, from pasta to grill dishes. There is a choice of three bars and a relaxing lounge, as well as the Wajang Theatre where you can enjoy complimentary films and popcorn, and the Casino, offering games for all levels, with professionals at hand to help you learn new skills. Your holiday price is based on an inside cabin, however it is possible to upgrade your cabin to range of outside cabins and suites (subject to availability) for the latest cabin availability and price information please call our Holiday Advisors on 01858 415 420.
- Amazing Banff helicopter tour
- Vancouver's stunning North Shore
- Victoria and the Butchart Gardens
Pre-bookable excursions: A full programme of shore excursions will be available on your cruise and are bookable on the cruise line's website
Back to top