Canada's Eastern Splendours
|Canada's rich history and immense beauty are yours to discover on this tour of iconic cities and natural wonders.|
Canada's rich history and immense beauty are yours to discover on this tour of iconic cities and natural wonders.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 10 nights room only in hotels of a good standard plus 1 night in flight
- 1 lunch
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- See the spectacular Niagara Falls
- Visit the Victorian town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Tour of Toronto's highlights
- Wine-tasting on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Scenic cruise around the 1000 Islands
- Explore Canada's capital city, Ottawa
- Overnight stay in the Laurentian Mountains
- Orientation tour of Quebec City
- Tour of Montreal
- DAY 1 UK/Toronto
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Toronto. On arrival, we'll transfer you to Niagara Falls for an overnight stay. You'll get your first glimpse of this natural wonder beautifully lit up at night.
- DAY 2 Niagara Falls
- Today you'll experience one of Canada's most iconic natural wonders as you head to the awesome Niagara Falls. Consisting of three waterfalls – Horseshoe Falls, American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls, they are a breathtaking sight, and how you view them is up to you. The thrill of flying over them on an optional helicopter ride is hard to beat. Another option is a cruise on the Niagara River, which will get you really close to the thundering waters. We'll leave the falls and head to picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake, often described as one of the 'loveliest towns in Canada'. Situated at the mouth of the Niagara River, it's also renowned for its wines, in particular ice wine, which is made from grapes that have frozen naturally on the vine. After a winery tour, we'll clink glasses as we enjoy a tasting whilst taking in beautiful views of Lake Ontario. Our next base is the exciting city of Toronto.
- DAY 3 Toronto
- Canada's largest city is going to be a delight to explore on your morning tour. This sprawling multi-cultural metropolis offers so much. There are landmarks including the Parliament building, City Hall and the Roger's Centre Stadium, which is home to the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team. Then you've got beautiful beaches on Lake Ontario's shores, a zoo and the largest aquarium in the country. With a free afternoon, see how many you can fit in! For spectacular panoramic views, a trip to the top of the CN Tower in one of the glass-fronted lifts is highly recommended. You could also spend time taking a stroll through the Old Town with its great markets.
- DAY 4 Rockport & Ottawa
- We travel to Rockport today, where we join our Heart of the Island Cruise, with great views of the 1000 Islands. Some islands are large and home to opulent mansions, while others are tiny uninhabited outcrops. Later, we continue to Ottawa, our base for the next two-nights.
- DAY 5 Ottawa
- Your day begins with a walking tour of Canada's modern-day capital city. Highlights will include Confederation Square, the National War Museum, Sparks Street, the grounds of Parliament Hill and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. By lunchtime we'll be in ByWard Market, so why not choose a restaurant for a lunch break. This afternoon is free to explore as you please.
- DAY 6 Laurentian Mountains
- This morning you could join our optional excursion to the Canadian Museum of Nature. The hands on Polar Bear tour with Mammal and Artic Galleries, presents a spectacular window to the geography, climate, wildlife and people of Canada's Arctic. Later we'll revel in the beauty of the Laurentian Mountains, as we make our way to the resort town of Mont Tremblant, on the shores of Lake Tremblant. As you explore the resort, you'll find a huge choice of shops and restaurants. If you like, you can ride a gondola to the top of the highest peak in the Laurentians for amazing views.
- DAY 7 Quebec City
- We arrive in Quebec City today. Inside the fortified walls of this 400-year-old city you'll find an intact fortress - La Citadelle – and the Upper and Lower towns. On your tour you'll see the fairytale Château Frontenac, a hotel, which dominates the skyline, City Hall, the Latin Quarter, the Military Drill Hall and Old Quebec. Another highlight is the Plains of Abraham, the site of the 1759 Battle of Quebec between the French and British. Time to yourself this afternoon gives you the chance to explore your own way.
- DAY 8 Quebec City
- The choice is all yours today – you can explore the cobbled streets of Quebec City at your own pace, or you can take an optional trip to Baie-Sainte-Catherine. Located at the junction of the St Lawrence River and the Saquenay Fjord, this is a hot spot for whale-watching. The journey itself offers fantastic river views, and the chance to see whales in their natural habitat is something you'll never forget.
- DAY 9 Montreal
- As we make our way to the island city of Montreal we'll be rewarded by wonderful views of mountains, rivers and lakes. En route we're going to make a stop at an authentic Quebecois Sugar Shack for lunch. Originally used for the production of maple syrup, what we'll enjoy here today is traditional Quebec cuisine.
- DAY 10 Montreal
- An important port, Montreal is filled with character and boasts a remarkable history, as you'll find out on your tour today. Two main highlights are the underground pedestrian network, dubbed the 'underground city', and the Notre Dame Basilica. This huge Neo-Gothic church is a feast for the eyes with its gilded wooden interior, paintings, sculptures.
- DAY 11 Montreal/UK
- You've time in Montreal this morning to explore a little more. Later, we're going to transfer you to the airport for your overnight flight back to the UK.
- DAY 12 UK
- Today you'll arrive back in the UK.
- DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton - Niagara Falls
- This full service hotel is two blocks from Horseshoe Falls and American Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Traditional rooms feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, coffeemakers and minifridges. Amenities include a chophouse restaurant, coffee bar and spa. There's also an indoor pool, sauna and fitness centre.
- Chelsea Hotel
- The Eaton Chelsea Hotel Toronto is conveniently located within easy walking distance of many of the city''s attractions.
Hotel facilities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a health club, rooftop terrace and indoor pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, coffee/tea-maker, iron and hairdryer.
- Capital Hill Hotel & Suites
- Capital Hill Hotel & Suites is located in the heart of downtown Ottawa in the midst of the city’s business and tourist district. Hotel facilities include free Wi-Fi, 24-hour access to the fitness room and café. Bedroom facilities include coffee-making facilities, hairdryer and private facilities.
- Lodge de la Montagne
- Recently renovated The Lodge de la Montagne is set in the beautiful rustic mountain scenery and provides modern comfortable rooms and facilities. These include an outdoor swimming pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, terrace and fitness room.
- Hotel Clarendon
- This historic elegant hotel was built in 1870 in Old Quebec. The refined rooms with antique furnishing feature flat-screen TVs, coffee-making facilities and free Wi-Fi. Other hotel amenities include Le Clarendon Restaurant and jazz bar with live music on weekends.
- Le Nouvel Hotel
- The Le Nouvel Hotel is well located in downtown Montreal and has facilities including a gift shop, spa, outdoor pool, terrace, restaurant and bistro bar. Guest rooms have en-suite, TV, coffee maker and safe.
- Helicopter flight over Niagara Falls
- Whale Watching at Baie St Catherine in Quebec
- Polar Bear Exhibition at the Canadian Museum of Nature
- CN Tower