PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Stansted with Ryanair
- 7 nights half-board in a 4-star hotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Wi-fi on board your coach
- Guided walk in your hotel's grounds
- Enjoy a wine tasting
- Visit the towns of Belvedere and Diamante
- Day 1 UK/Lamezia Terme
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Lamezia Terme in Calabria today. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel in Cetraro, which offers amazing views over the Mediterranean Sea.
- Day 2 Cetraro
- Your sightseeing begins today before you have even left your hotel! It is set in magnificent grounds so a guided walk through its gardens and woodlands is a great way to get your bearings. Enjoy sea views as you make your way to the hotel's very own organic farm. This is where much of the excellent food you will enjoy during your stay is grown, and you'll have the chance to sample some delicacies right now. Next, we'll head to the hotel's crowning glory, its vineyards, where you'll gain insight into the wine-making process before a tasting of the fruity wines produced here. You can then take a walk with your host to learn more about the Calabrian way of life and this region in the deep south of Italy. With the rest of the day at leisure, perhaps make a beeline for the private beach, sit back and soak up the sun. If you discovered a favourite wine on today's vineyard visit, why not sip a glass at sunset on the hotel's pretty terrace.
- Day 3 Belvedere & Diamante
- We'll leave the hotel this morning for an includedtrip to the delightful towns of Belvedere and Diamante. We'll stroll throughthe ancient streets of Belvedere, passing ornate Baroque balconies and archwaysen route to its castle, where magnificent mountain views await. Diamante is next, and here you'll see colourful streets adorned with murals bylocal artists. From the promenade look out to Cirella Island, once the haunt ofpirates, and in the market be sure to buy some peperoncino. This chilli pepperis the town's speciality. There's time too, if you like, to stop at a café tosample an icy granita and watch as the world goes by.There's a change of scenary this evening, as we get together and head to a nearby restaurant for dinner, with Calabrian hospitality and cuisine on the menu.
- Day 4 Altomonte
- The rest of your holiday has been left free for you to enjoy just as you wish. You'll have plenty of time to take advantage of your hotel's excellent facilities. They include a swimming pool, a 9-hole golf course and a private stretch of beach, so there's lots of things you can do. However, if you're keen to see more of Calabria, we have a range of optional excursions available, starting today with a trip to the town of Altomonte. There's glorious architecture and ancient churches to admire, and if you're feeling energetic, you can climb up to the turrets of the Norman Tower for great views.
- Day 5 Cetraro
- Enjoy a relaxing day today, exploring Cetraro at your own pace or soaking up the sun on the beach.
- Day 6 Sila National Park
- If you've reached your peak of relaxation, our optional excursion will get you out and about in the great outdoors of Sila National Park. As you explore with a Local Guide you'll encounter snow-capped mountain peaks, lush pine forests, crystal-clear streams and villages where time has seemingly stood still.
- Day 7 Cosenza
- If you want to continue your exploration of Calabria,be sure to come with us today on an optional visit to historic Cosenza. This isthe region's main town, and the Romanesque architecture of its cathedral andthe Baroque exterior of the exquisite Teatro Rendano are worth the trip alone.It's a great place too for shopping, so you might want to pick up somelast-minute souvenirs.
- Day 8 Lamezia Terme/UK
- Your holiday comes to an end today as you head to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Grand Hotel San Michele
- The Grand Hotel San Michele is a wonderful 4-star family run hotel full of charming Mediterranean elegance. It is located close to the town of Cetraro nestled within the cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean and Tyrrhenian Sea, with views spanning as far as the Aeolian Islands.
As well as being situated within the cliffs offering wonderful views, the hotel is surrounded by over 40 hectares of organic farm - home to the local produce provided. The farm at the San Michele is made up of three vineyards, orchards and a vegetable garden. The unique organic farm provides the hotel with fantastic daily produce including fruit, vegetables, milk, cheese, eggs, olive oil and home-made jams. The vineyards produce red, white and rosé wines along with a selection of homemade liquors such as Grappa. The hotel pride themselves on serving seasonal and fresh produce, as well as displaying wonderful seasonal flowers within the hotel.
Not only are you able to enjoy the local organic produce, you can also walk on the farm and surrounding woods for the chance to spot some of the wildlife. As well as exploring the farm and woods, you can also enjoy a game of golf on the 9-hole golf course. If you prefer, you can relax on the private beach or sip a local glass of wine on the terrace. Hotel facilities also include a swimming pool, two restaurants and a piano bar. There are around 60 bedrooms, each with its own individual charm and private facilities, air-conditioning and TV.
- 2 restaurants
- Three large terraces
- Swimming pool
- Golf course
- Private beach
- Private facilities
- Tour of Altomonte
- Sila National Park
- Visit historic Cosenza
Pre-bookable excursions: The above optional excursions can be pre-booked as a package from just £103 per person.Back to top