PRICE FROM ? £849 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights half-board in 4 and 5-star hotels
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Dinner in Plovdiv's Old Town
- Explore Plovdiv's Roman and Ottoman sites
- Visit a rose oil distillery
- Discover Nessebar, including the archaeological museum
- Varna's archaeological museum and the 'Madara Horseman'
- The Rock-Hewn
- Enjoy dinner with a local family
- Visit the Rila Monastery
- Private retro tramcar tour of Sofia
- DAY 1 UK/Sofia
- After your flight to Sofia we'll transfer you to your hotel in Plovdiv. We'll get together this evening and head into the Old Town where we'll enjoy dinner in a restaurant.
- DAY 2 Nessebar
- Your day of sightseeing begins with a walking tour of Plovdiv, including its Roman amphitheatre and the Ethnographic Museum. Next, we're going to head to Kasanlak, to see a Thracian tomb dating back to the 4th century BC, stopping at a rose oil distillery en route. On arrival in Nessebar, settle in at your hotel, which enjoys a fantastic position overlooking the Black Sea Coast .
- DAY 3 Nessebar
- You're going to see the many highlights of UNESCO-listed Nessebar on today's tour. There are Thracian, Greek, Roman and Byzantine architectural gems to discover, however, the city is mostly known for its many medieval churches, each with an intriguing story.
- DAY 4 Veliko Tarnovo
- Today you'll visit Varna to see the relics housed in its archaeological museum, including the Gold of Varna. We then continue to Madara, where you'll see the UNESCO-listed medieval rock relief, the Madara Horseman. Our next base is Veliko Tarnovo, and we'll arrive here late this afternoon.
- DAY 5 Veliko Tarnovo
- You've a day of discoveries ahead, with the rock-hewn Churches of Ivanovo your first stop. Carved out of solid rock, the churches, chapels and monasteries you'll explore feature well-preserved murals. We'll then drive to Russe, the largest town on the banks of the River Danube. Stretch your legs here as you admire a diverse mix of architecture. We end our day in the village of Arbanasi, where a host of historical monuments range from 17th century churches to Bulgarian National Revival architecture. This evening, we're invited to join a Bulgarian family from the village, who will treat us to traditional homemade food.
- DAY 6 Sofia
- We head to Bulgaria's capital, Sofia, today. Before our journey we're going to take a walking tour of Veliko Tarnovo, whose highlights include a magnificent medieval fortress. There's time to explore at your own pace, too. If you head up Holy Hill you will be rewarded with fantastic views of numerous monasteries which decorate the gorges of the Yantra River.
- DAY 7 Sofia
- The Rila Monastery, the largest in Bulgaria, was founded around 927 AD by a hermit monk, and we're going to visit today. After this we will explore Sofia on foot, and for a different view of the city, we'll also board a private retro tramcar for a guided tour. Tonight, we're going to head into the capital where we'll enjoy dinner and a traditional folklore show.
- DAY 8 Sofia/UK
- Today you'll transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Grand Hotel Plovdiv
- Grand Hotel Plovdiv is located near the Rhodope mountains and the Old town of plovdiv and is a perfect way to discover the history and culture of the city. The Hotel Amenities include a tennis court, billiards, bowling, sauna, fitness center, solarium, spa and wellness center, massage, hot tub, indoor pool, nightclub. the hotel also offers General services like room services, newspapers, safety deposit box, barber/beauty shop, lift. The hotel has a bar, breakfast in the room and restaurant (a la Carte). provides 24 hour font help desk, currency exchange, luggage storage and ATM/ cash machine on site. the hotels cleaning services include Laundry, dry cleaning, ironing service and shoeshine.
- Sol Nessebar Palace
- Sol Nessebar is a 5 star beach Hotel (direct access) and is 2 minutes away from Christ Pantokrator Church and within 6 minutes away of Sunny beach and action Aquapark, Burgas beach and Sea Gardens are also within 25 minutes from the hotel. The hotel features include an indoor pool, poolside bar, sauna, spa treatment, fitness facility, coffee shop/cafe, outdoor pool, children's pool, full-service spa, concierge services, nightclub and a restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner (limited hours room service). The Room amenities include sofa beds, sitting areas, WiFi and TVs with satellite channels, guests will also find balconies, minibar and room services.
- Yantra Grand Hotel
- Stay in the heart of Veliko Túrnovo at the 4-star Yantra Grand Hotel. Offering views of the Tzarevets Fortress it offers an indoor pool, fitness centre, restaurant, lobby bar, café and free Wi-Fi access. All rooms are air-conditioned with en-suite, TV, minibar and hairdryer.
- Crystal Palace Boutique Hotel
- Crystal Palace is a 4 star hotel situated in the heart of Sofia and is a 10 minute walk to Cyril and Methodius National Library of Bulgaria, The National gallery for Foreign Art, The Alexander Nevski Catherdral. Russian Church and Vasil Levski Stadium are also within 15 minutes. The hotel features include a restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and also serves drinks at the bar (reservations required) with 24-Hour room service. other features include a fitness center, bar/lounge. complimentary WiFi in public areas, sauna. 24-hour Business center and massage treatment rooms. The room amenities include bathrobes, slippers, WiFi, wired internet, LCD TV with cable channel, 24 - hour room service, minibar, and hair dryers.