Athens & The Cyclades Islands
Discover the many landmarks of Athens before beginning your exploration of the sunsoaked Cyclades Islands. You’ll travel by ferry between the islands of Paros, Syros and Mykonos, taking in delightful towns, sleepy villages and sensational panoramic views. This is island-hopping with a difference!
Explore Athens then enjoy three sun-soaked quintessential Greek islands. This is island-hopping with a difference!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights in 4-star hotels
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners, including welcome dinner in Plaka
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
- Take the ferry to Paros, Syros & Mykonos
- Tour and welcome dinner in Plaka, Athens
- Sightseeing tour of Paros
- Explore the capital of Syros, Ermoupolis
- Discover Mykonos and Mykonos town
- DAY 1 UK/Athens
- After flying to Athens we'll transfer you to your hotel. A great way to start your holiday is with a welcome dinner in Plaka, the city's Old Town, which sits at the foot of the Acropolis.
- DAY 2 Athens
- You can explore Athens at your own pace this morning, or join an optional tour of its many iconic highlights. We'll pass the Parliament building, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Panathenaic Stadium, which hosted the first modern-day Olympics in 1896. Next is the Acropolis, where you'll visit the imposing ruins of the Parthenon and the fascinating Acropolis Museum. The Cyclades are a group of sun-kissed islands afloat in the Aegean Sea, and a ferry takes us to one of the most beautiful this afternoon. Paros is an idyllic blend of whitewashed villages, pretty fishing harbours and golden beaches, and you've three nights here to take it all in. We'll begin our discoveries together as we head to a restaurant for dinner this evening.
- DAY 3 Paros & Antiparos
- You could spend today on the beach, or enjoying the superb facilities at your hotel. Perhaps you'll choose to break up your day with an afternoon optional excursion. This trip begins at the Skorpios Folklore Museum in Alyki, where you'll view a collection of model boats by the artist Benetos Skiadas. Next, a ferry takes us to the island of Antiparos where we'll explore the lovely town of Chora with its 15th century Venetian castle. Once we've worked up an appetite, we'll head to a restaurant for dinner.
- DAY 4 Paros
- You're heading inland today to Paros' former capital, Lefkes, which lies on a hillside about 300 metres above sea level. The views from here are breathtaking and you'll also have ample time to take in the village's delightful squares and alleyways. The island's main town of Parikia is our next stop. Here you'll see a 13th century Venetian castle and Panagia Ekatontapiliani, one of the most important Christian churches in Greece, on a guided walk. Before we head back to our hotel, we'll stop at the Archaeological Museum, where you can learn more about the island's past. Among its interesting exhibits is a fragment of the 3rd BC Parian Chronicle, an inscribed marble tablet outlining Greek history. You can enjoy a relaxed afternoon back at the hotel. However, if you'd like to see a little more of the island, come to Naoussa on an optional excursion. This typically Greek village on the shoes of Plastira Bay is pretty as a picture.
- DAY 5 Syros
- A new base for your holiday beckons today, and this afternoon we'll catch a ferry and head to Syros. The island's capital, Ermoupolis, was an important centre of trade in the 19th century, and wealthy settlers constructed many impressive mansions here. Your historic hotel is a neoclassical building formerly used as a warehouse. We'll get together this evening and head to a taverna for dinner.
- DAY 6 Syros
- Get to know Ermoupolis this morning on a guided walking tour, which starts with a visit to the Church of Dormition of the Virgin, where a painting by El Greco is housed. Further highlights include the Town Hall with its three-storey façade, St Nicholas Church and the Apollo Municipal Theatre. In the picturesque Vaporia district many of the beautiful neoclassical mansions have been renovated to preserve their architectural elegance. We'll head inside one of them to admire its decorative features. After your tour, why not stroll to the nearby beach and enjoy a lazy afternoon.
- DAY 7 Syros
- Today is free for you to spend just as you wish. If you feel you'd like to see more of Syros, make sure you sign up for our optional scenic tour of the island. There are prehistoric ruins to explore at Chalandriani and Kastri before we arrive at the tiny village of Saint Michael. It is home to an ancient church and as it is located at one of the highest points of Syros, spectacular views of the Aegean are guaranteed! In fact, if it's a clear day, you'll see each and every one of the Cyclades islands. Our final call is the hilltop town of Ano Syros. Here you'll get lovely views of neighbouring islands Tinos and Mykonos, and it's where we enjoy dinner in a restaurant this evening.
- DAY 8 Mykonos/UK
- There's time to tick off one more of the picturesque Cyclades islands as we board a ferry bound for Mykonos this morning. On arrival in Mykonos Town, you might choose to enjoy lunch during some time at leisure before an afternoon walking tour. We'll also visit the village of Ano Mera to take in the beauty of some of the island's beaches. Once you've seen the sights we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Golden Age Hotel Athens
- The Golden Age of Athens hotel is 4 star, unique boutique hotel situated in one of the most accessible areas of Athens. The hotel has an on sute restaurant serv ing Mediterranean creative cuisine and gourment dishes. The hotels'' bar ''The Golden Bar'' offers an areas to relax with a coffee or a cocktail, hotel also has an onsite fitness suite. Bedrooms are decorated with fine furnishing, have double glazed windows, full length mirror and a marble bathroom with hairdryer.
- Parosland Hotel
- Parosland Hotel is a 4 star hotel in Paros. Parosland hotel and Resort is located in a beautiful and authentic Greek fishing village. The hotel is surrounded by 10 acre of gardens including flowers and olive trees. The hotel offers a swimming pool, gym, pool, bar and restaurant serving Greek cuising from organic produce. All rooms are bright and cozy, rooms are fully equipped with air conditioning, TV, hairdryer, telephone, mini bar and WiFi access.
- Diogenis Hotel
- The Diogenis is a 4 star hotel in a converted 19th Century neoclassical Venetian building. The hotel is located on the island of Syros, an exceptional city with greek style and history. The hotel offers a living area, breakfast room and patio. Bedrooms are bright and contemporary, have private facilities, mini bar, telephone, TV, desk, hairdryer and rainfall shower.
- Panoramic tour of Athens, including entrance to the Acropolis
- Picturesque Naoussa
- Antiparos Island with dinner
- Scenic tour of Syros with dinner