Discover the real Spain on this Christmas holiday to Andalucia, where you'll stay on the ever-popular Costa del Sol. Sightseeing highlights include the typical whitewashed village of Mijas, the clifftop town of Ronda and the sandy beaches of Nerja. There's plenty of free time too and a gala dinner on Christmas Day, and if you want to discover more, optional excursions mean you won't miss a thing. The magnificent Alhambra Palace is a must-see, and for a little slice of home, a visit to Gibraltar is sure to prove tempting.
Discover the real Spain on this Christmas holiday to Andalucia, with whitewashed villages, clifftop towns and sandy beaches among the sightseeing highlights.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with Norwegian Airlines
- 8 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 16 meals: 8 breakfasts, 8 dinners including Christmas Day gala dinner
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Welcome drink
- Audio Guide
- Discover enchanting Mijas and vibrant Malaga
- Visit picturesque Frigiliana and the charming coastal resort of Nerja
- Explore the clifftop town of Ronda
- Day 1 UK to Benalmadena
- You'll depart on your flight to Malaga today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel on Andalucia's Benalmadena Coast. After settling into your room, why not head out for a stroll before dinner as the beach and marina are close by.
- Day 2 Granada
- You can spend today at leisure, or you may have chosen to join our pre-bookable optional excursion to Granada. Here you will visit the world-famous Alhambra Palace, which stands high on a hill overlooking the city. Built by the Moors in the 13th and 14th century this magnificent complex has been added to over time and is a must-see. Your tour includes the lovely Generalife Gardens, the summer palace and the vast Renaissance Palace of Charles V. You'll also explore Granada, where you'll discover a mix of Moorish and Spanish architecture lining its narrow cobbled streets.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve Mijas & Malaga
- On a full day of exploration you'll travel to delightful Mijas, nestled in the foothills of the Sierra de Mijas Mountains. It is a typical pueblo blanco, or white village of the region, and its cobbled streets are lined with whitewashed houses and idyllic views stretch as far as the coast. You'll also visit the cosmopolitan city of Malaga, famed as the birthplace of artist Picasso and enveloped in centuries of history. This evening you're invited to a festive gala dinner at your hotel.
- Day 4 Christmas Day Benalmadena
- Christmas Day has been left free for you to spend just as you wish. Enjoy the facilities at your hotel or maybe head to Benalmadena for a stroll.
- Day 5 BOXING DAY Ronda
- Today you'll discover the cliff-top town of Ronda on an included excursion. Enjoying a spectacular location on a towering plateau, it is divided in two by a 600ft deep gorge known as El Tajo which is spanned by an 18th century stone bridge, the Puente Nuevo. From here you can peer down to the waters of the River Guadalevin. The older southern side of Ronda is a typical white village, so why not enjoy a stroll amongst its cobbled alleyways lined with traditional whitewashed houses.
- Day 6 Benalmadena
- Relax today and do your own thing. Maybe you'll head off for a stroll on the beach or along the marina. If you choose to stay put and enjoy your hotel's facilities, there's a beauty salon, a tennis court and a spa, where you could head for a day of pampering.
- Day 7 Frigiliana & Nerja
- The first destination on your day out is Frigiliana, located in the foothills of the Almijara Mountains. Easily explored on foot, this picturesque village is a maze of cobbled streets with flower-festooned window ledges. Wander the winding alleyways of the historical Moorish centre and perhaps shop for local ceramics and handmade lace. Later, you'll continue to the coastal resort of Nerja with its sandy beaches and hidden coves. Once a sleepy fishing village, the old quarter remains virtually unchanged and the streets here are lined with whitewashed houses and wrought iron terraces overflowing with geraniums.
- Day 8 Gibraltar
- You can choose to spend the day at leisure or perhaps join a full-day optional excursion to Gibraltar. You'll take a tour by mini-coach before enjoying free time to explore at your own pace. Maybe you'll opt to take the cable car to the top of 'The Rock', where you'll see wonderful views and the famous Barbary macaques that call this British Overseas Territory home. They are the only wild monkeys in Europe and are quite at home in the company of tourists so keep your valuables safe!
- Days 9 Benalmadena to UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Best Triton
- The Best Triton hotel is situated on the Costa del Sol on the beautiful beachfront. Located at the seaside promenade in Benalmadena Costa, not far from the local Marina. The hotel has a bar and restaurant serving international cuisine, the hotel also offers Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Guest rooms are modern and comfortable, have a full bathroom, satellite TV, air conditioning and heating.
- Visit the incredible Alhambra Palace in Granada
- Enjoy a taste of home in Gibraltar